Side 2 side cruises, Miami then Tampa

silverspyder1996

31 minutes ago, silverspyder1996 said:

Have a cruise booked out of Tampa, and looking at a cruise that ends in Miami the same day the Tampa one leaves.

Is it doable to pull this off? Any recommendations on travel method between the ports? Have you ever done it?

thanks

Miami to Tampa is a 4+ Hr drive.  Only you can determine if it’s worth it.

7 hours ago, silverspyder1996 said:

Have a cruise booked out of Tampa, and looking at a cruise that ends in Miami the same day the Tampa one leaves.

Is it doable to pull this off? Any recommendations on travel method between the ports? Have you ever done it?

thanks

Not really the same, but kind of - earlier this year I had a side-to-side with one cruise disembarking in Miami and the next cruise embarking in Port Canaveral.  I had two days between cruises, which made things much easier.

I ended up taking a rideshare to MIA, flew to Orlando, rideshare to my near-the-airport hotel, rideshare to PC.  It ended up working out, but not without drama, which I'll spare you from.

Two questions - do you live in or near Tampa or Miami?  What are your estimated arrival and departure times?

My only advice at this time is to take a look at nonstop flights going from TPA to MIA/FLL.  Maybe some airline is running a loss leader flight that's convenient.

Other than that, good luck. 🙏

Earlier this year we got off one cruise in Port Canaveral, drove to Orlando International Airport and then flew American to Miami for another cruise the same day. This was pretty simple because we live in Orlando and thus had our car parked at PCN. Since the OP is from Oregon and won't have a car, the logistics of renting a car, driving and then returning the car is more challenging. If I were them, I'd fly MIA-TPA using taxis/Uber/etc between the airports and seaports.