Are hair straighteners permitted on Majestic Princess?

lhayler

Hi everyone

When we cruised pre-covid with Royal Caribbean we were not permitted to bring hair straighteners on board. However I cannot find straighteners listed on the prohibited items section for Princess.

Can anyone tell me if they are permitted? I don't want to have my expensive straightener confiscated at the dock!

Thanks!

Lynette

Hair straighteners are allowed, but just be aware that I have seen several reports that the ceramic type straighteners (most likely your expensive one is) don't work on ships.  And, anything confiscated on boarding is available to be picked up at the end of the cruise.

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

just be aware that I have seen several reports that the ceramic type straighteners (most likely your expensive one is) don't work on ships. 

Interesting.  What would they not work?  I've always brought a straightener onboard without issue.  Never gave it any thought.  Not expensive ones and maybe not always ceramic but I sure hope my new one works on my upcoming cruise.  My last cruise on Majestic, my steward would neatly wrap up the cord with a rubber band while straightening up the desk.

2 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

And, anything confiscated on boarding is available to be picked up at the end of the cruise.

Unless you are boarding in Southampton and the ground screeners find your leatherman tool packed in your checked luggage when it goes thru their x-ray machine before it gets on the ship; then you are given the choice of paying very expensive British postage to mail it home (oh and by the way there is no post office available at the port to do that and the ship is leaving shortly) or you can put it in their locked disposal bin to supposedly be destroyed at a later date (uh huh!).  

I’m baffled..what’s going on with the hair straighteners?  You’re on a cruise 🚢..nobody cares and most likely you won’t see any of them again. You’re all great the way you are so if it ain’t broken don’t fix it!

• Like 1

Taken them on 4 different Princess ships and no issues. Just a note of warning, if also doing a European land portion, most straighteners will end up being fried if you use them with the converters or adapters. The straightener needs to be dual voltage to begin with. Speaking from personal experience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1