Victoria port off Soltice

This might not be the best/correct place to post this, but I trust this forum.

Celebrity ship pulls into port like at 5:30pm.  We really don't want to go to the Gardens at night, doesn't interest us.  Actually, a ship tour probably doesn't either.  I'd like to have dinner on the ship and then maybe head out for a bit right off the ship.

I know nothing about the port itself. 

Can anyone suggest something just for an hour or so after dinner that would be worth getting of the ship for?

Thanks

M

Hi --

Sunset isn't until around 8:30, so if you had early dinner you'd still have a couple of hours of daylight to check out Victoria.  It's really easy to explore from the port, even to look at the amazing architecture (the Legislative Assembly building, the Fairmont Empress, the view from the inner harbor) -- is worth it IMO.

Here's a post I wrote on Victoria -- the first part is a list of things you can easily see on foot from the cruise port.

https://wavesandcobblestones.com/best-things-to-do-for-a-wonderful-weekend-in-victoria-bc/

Thanks

Lisa

I agree on the gardens, I have done them twice in the past.

My ship Quantum arrives late in the day and I just can't seem to figure out what is really worth seeing in the evening that I have not already seen in the daytime.  I hate these late arrivals to such a nice place. oh well

There's not much near Ogden point where we dock but iirc there is a shuttle. I like Victoria downtown. Also the walk along the water is nice but it is a good hike into town. The Castle is interesting.

The gardens are lit at night and quite nice to view. 

If you opted to have dinner on board, I would go and check out Government St, the Empress Hotel, the Legislative building. There are also a lot of really good restaurants if you want something different than the ship offers. There's a lot to do in Victoria.