My cruise is sold out?

nptss

We are booked on Nieuw Amsterdam on Aug28 to Sep4, sailing from Vancouver to Whittier. For the last two weeks our sailing is shown as sold out for all classes and cabins. The sailing before ours is still available, so why can't I see our dates? I would like to preview the number of empty cabins for possible upgrades and capacity.  Is it really Sold Out?

17 minutes ago, nptss said:

We are booked on Nieuw Amsterdam on Aug28 to Sep4, sailing from Vancouver to Whittier. For the last two weeks our sailing is shown as sold out for all classes and cabins. The sailing before ours is still available, so why can't I see our dates? I would like to preview the number of empty cabins for possible upgrades and capacity.  Is it really Sold Out?

How about calling them and pretend you are interested in the cruise without saying you are already booked.  See what they say and let us know.

• Like 1

Considering the needs to hold cabins for quarantining, and perhaps not filling some due to staffing, yes, it could be booked solid. They could also be assigning guarantee bookings, which sometimes sort of gums up what is visible to the public for a day our two.

• Like 2

Finally connected with an agent at HAL's online chat.  She claimed she could not do an upgrade or sell me a new reservation. She repeatedly stated that she sees all cabins are sold out.

It seems odd, but the world also seems odd these days.

I had booked a guarantee cabin on this weeks Westerdam. When I got an upsell offer I called and booked, asked about the sold out sailing. I had been watching what was available for close to a month and there were a lot of cabins open. I know that some of these will be filled by guarentee bookings, but there were nearly half of what I looked at on many decks. I asked the sales rep and they said that they had been told me that had reached the capacity for that sailing - so they are setting capacity on each sailing. Could be lack of staff, quarentined cabins, etc.

7 hours ago, nptss said:

Your sailing is probably more popular as it’s a long weekend. 

Nieuw Amsterdam is still showing as sold out for all levels. Last time I was able to see available cabins, 3- 4 wks ago, there were over 50 verandah level avail. I'm guessing this a capacity control for a holiday week (Labor Day). Capacity of the full ship is 2106 passengers.

Still showing online as sold out. Interesting that I called to ask about upgrading and was again told the ship is sold out. The next day I was upgraded from VB to V, but never notified by HAL.

I am in a state of mind that I will be sailing with the wind.