Regent Seven Seas dining attire

1 hour ago, Happy in the morning said:

This is our first cruise with Regent Seven Seas but have sailed with Holland and Crystal.  I was wondering how people really dress for dinner on Regent cruises.  Their website states “ elegant casual dress after 6:00 p.m.”, but do people really dress with “elegant” in mind?

Same as Crystal on most nights

• Like 1

IF you like to dress up you will not be alone.  I would say that most nights on the Voyager in June there were five to ten percent of the men wearing jackets.  I really am not up to what the woman are wearing, but there were only a few times that something outrageous appeared.

• Haha 1

And it might depend upon where you are cruising as well and the time of year. For a Caribbean cruise, you might see more casual than elegant, but a colder cruise might be the opposite. Our November cruise on Navigator was Iceland to Southampton, and there were a lot of sports jackets (no suits) for men, and ladies were always dressed very well for dinner. I think we enjoy the chance to dress up since we don't do it very much at home!

• Like 1

I usually wear lightweight slacks and a polo/TB shirt and I'm fine.  You'll see some jackets, maybe a few ties, a occasional suit or a rare tux (usually on longer sailings, I think).  Not sure I'd consider that 'elegant' really, but elegant casual?  Maybe...leans more 'casual' than 'elegant' IMO, but that's good by me.

I bet if you looked through YouTube you could find some non-marketing videos from actual Regent cruisers that would give you an idea of how people really dress on board.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cotto22 said:

And it might depend upon where you are cruising as well and the time of year. For a Caribbean cruise, you might see more casual than elegant, but a colder cruise might be the opposite. Our November cruise on Navigator was Iceland to Southampton, and there were a lot of sports jackets (no suits) for men, and ladies were always dressed very well for dinner. I think we enjoy the chance to dress up since we don't do it very much at home!

Good point - there was a much higher percentage of jackets and sport coats on our Baltic cruises than there were on Caribbean or Mediterranean sailings...

I will usually wear a sports coat (without tie!) somewhat because the dining venues are usually cool...at least enough that I don't feel too warm wearing it.  Ms. Portolan wears something comparable so that we look like we go together.

For longer cruises with "formal optional" nights, I'll add a tie.  The tux has been retired.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Portolan said:

I will usually wear a sports coat (without tie!) somewhat because the dining venues are usually cool...at least enough that I don't feel too warm wearing it.  Ms. Portolan wears something comparable so that we look like we go together.

For longer cruises with "formal optional" nights, I'll add a tie.  The tux has been retired.

Scott, that's about the only time I'll wear a jacket - either a chilly restaurant or sometimes I'll wear one to a specialty restaurant just because...but usually I'm rockin' the Tommy Bahama vibe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Linda VH said:

I usually wear silky looking long pants and a nice top.  What we call in Florida “country club casual”.  

Exactly what it was on our March Splendor cruise…..country club casual. Which we thoroughly enjoy. Out last Silver Seas cruise was far more formal. And for us….too formal. 

We just got back from a 18 night Baltic cruise. I wore slacks or khakis and polo shirts every night. A couple of times I wore a sports jacket. I never felt like I looked out of place. 

I was actually paying a little extra attention to how the men were dressed because due to some distractions on packing day I didn’t pack any dress shirts. I was never in a venue where I was even close to being the only guy in a polo. 

• Like 1