Specialty Restaurant on Lobster 🦞 Night

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

pros and cons.

PRO- lobster tails are free and almost all you can eat on the ship.

CON-  shore based restaurants charge for lobster.

Pro - actual tasty lobster instead of the warm water crap they serve on board.  There’s a reason they douse it with butter 

Con - you can’t bring any back on the ship 

• Haha 1

Not really a specialty, but on the Anthem in June we were eating in the Coastal Kitchen on lobster night.  Our amazing waited just kept bringing my wife tails as she finished one.  She ended up eating 4 total, it was pretty funny to watch.

The Anthem and crew are simply amazing, and just wanted to share:) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, molly361 said:

I tried to order the MDR lobster in CK on the Harmony in May and was told no and given the same story.

On Allure in June, the MDR lobster tails were free flowing in CK on lobster night. We saw others getting the full tail vs the lobster dish on the CK menu and asked for that. We were both served two tails and every plate coming out seemed to have two tails. 

Each ship and even each crew change on a ship have different rules, so hit or miss.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 4:15 PM, poocher said:

You’re going to the lobster capital of the world.  Why would you eat the lobster served on the ship??  Get a real Maine lobster on shore.

Last few times we have had lobster on a cruise, we have been served something that was barely bigger than a large prawn/Shrimp. Not worth the bother. In Nova Scotia we had lobster that looked like a proper lobster.🦞🤣

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 2:44 AM, skyking said:

Not really a specialty, but on the Anthem in June we were eating in the Coastal Kitchen on lobster night.  Our amazing waited just kept bringing my wife tails as she finished one.  She ended up eating 4 total, it was pretty funny to watch.

We are on Anthem in a couple of weeks. I will order 4 lobster tails, any problems I'll tell the Mrs Skyking sent me.🤣

On 8/11/2022 at 9:44 PM, skyking said:

Heck I have on occasion, eaten 4 WHOLE  lobsters.  4 of those puny things are just an appetizer.

11 minutes ago, NotPayinExtra said:

No was just wondering about getting lobster in the Windjammer on a formal night. We won't go to the main dinning room on a formal night. Not planning on dressing up for those nights

We were on Oasis a few years ago and they had piles of lobster tails in the Windjammer at dinner.  I would guess  older son had 8-10 tails in the WJ to hold him over until our late traditional MDR time. 

Edited by taglovestocruise

Not served in WJ, sorry.  We don’t do formal either.  I will wear a sundress & hubby khaki’s & a polo shirt.  You’ll see both ends of the spectrum.  If you want lobster, don’t let “formal” dissuade you.

edited to say at least I’ve never seen them.

Edited by poocher

2 minutes ago, poocher said:

Not served in WJ, sorry.  We don’t do formal either.  I will wear a sundress & hubby khaki’s & a polo shirt.  You’ll see both ends of the spectrum.  If you want lobster, don’t let “formal” dissuade you.

edited to say at least I’ve never seen them.

Huge trays of lobster tail in WJ on our Oasis cruise.