Kids on NCL

We did this cruise last year and there were not many kids BUT...that was when unvaxxed kids were not allowed on and everyone had to test prior to boarding. Now that all that has changed I expect lots more families and kids onboard *especially* during any holiday week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, love&livetocruise said:

We're looking at the Breakaway out of New Orleans in February.  It's President's week and Mardi Gras... anybody know how many kids are usually on these sailings?

Figure upwards of 1000. We were on a cruise to Alaska recently and there were 780 kids out of the 4000 total passengers. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, love&livetocruise said:

We're looking at the Breakaway out of New Orleans in February.  It's President's week and Mardi Gras... anybody know how many kids are usually on these sailings?

February and you want to know about kids. The ship holds 4000ppl and it’s a floating amusement park, expect HUNDREDS++++ of kids.

I would imagine there will be a lot of kids.  I prefer not to pull my kids out of school for vacations, so I specifically booked our cruise for the week of President's Day, as the kids are on winter break.

I believe it's only kids in south Louisiana and the gulf coast of Mississippi and Alabama that are routinely out of school for Mardi Gras week.  As long as the Splash Academy is open and staffed for drop-off childcare I don't think the kids on the ship will annoy you too much.  

1 hour ago, leveedogs said:

I believe it's only kids in south Louisiana and the gulf coast of Mississippi and Alabama that are routinely out of school for Mardi Gras week.  As long as the Splash Academy is open and staffed for drop-off childcare I don't think the kids on the ship will annoy you too much.  

The majority of schools in the northeast have that week off from school.

I am SOOO jealous that you get to cruise at that time. I accidentally took an inpatient shift that week without checking holidays. I am kicking myself bc I could have cruised at that time. Lesson learned. lol. 

3 hours ago, NorthernJoey said:

How about Panama Canal cruise late January NCL Joy, Miami- Los Angeles 15 nights? I would think the clientele isn't very young?

When we did the Panama Canal on the Gem in January 2020 there were two kids on board: a ten year old and a baby.

On 8/13/2022 at 1:15 PM, NorthernJoey said:

How about Panama Canal cruise late January NCL Joy, Miami- Los Angeles 15 nights? I would think the clientele isn't very young?

Agreed, it would only be preschoolers or homeschooled kids. Enjoy!