Booking spa services

fabuloso

Hello.  I'm a first timer with HAL and was curious about spa services.

I'm currently comparing the prices for services and it seems you can get lower prices if you book before you cruise.

If you use the spa, do you book beforehand or wait until you get on board?

6 hours ago, fabuloso said:

I'm currently comparing the prices for services and it seems you can get lower prices if you book before you cruise.

It is my experience that Spa Services had Embarkation Day booking specials for treatments later in the cruise.

• Like 3

I book the Thermal Suite and Hydrothermal Pool for the entire cruise during Embarkation Day and often receive a discount price.  Sometimes, with a gift that a female traveler would enjoy more than I do.  (I bring it home and give it to a female friend which is appreciated.)  

One massage, hair-cuts, and two mini-facials/shave:  I have booked on board when I decided to do so.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have pre-booked a few massages for me and my wife - do these treatments come with access to the Thermal Suite for the day? Is there a separate locker room/shower/sauna for those not using the thermal suite?

Edited by rgoldstein86
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, rgoldstein86 said:

I have pre-booked a few massages for me and my wife - do these treatments come with access to the Thermal Suite for the day? Is there a separate locker room/shower/sauna for those not using the thermal suite?

Not 100% sure, but, no, to both of your questions.  

On 8/11/2022 at 8:50 PM, fabuloso said:

I'm not a big spa user, but I just got off Nieuw Statendam and I booked more services than usual because the pandemic left me feeling less pampered than ever before in my life.

1) I learned from Cruise Critic to book the Thermal Spa ahead of the trip for the lowest price. I used it a lot (nearly every day) and was glad I made this choice.

2) Our party of four had two staterooms, and we got a spa discount coupon delivered (like mail) to each room, but there were different offers in the Neptune Suite vs. the Inside cabin. IIRC, the NS got a discount for products (discarded that one so not sure) and an offer for $50 off a spa service. I used that to book a long overdue haircut and color for myself. The Inside instead got two coupons for $70 off spa services (I think); DH booked and enjoyed a massage with one of those coupons.

Because I was certain I would use the Thermal Spa, I prebooked that. Because I wanted to use my OBC (on board credit), I waited to book any other services, but I was happy to use a coupon they just happened to send me. I'm unsure whether I got the coupon because I'd already booked the Thermal Spa pass; a more regular HAL cruiser might know the answer to that mystery.

On Nieuw Statendam, the locker room is between the Relaxation Room (where spa-service-booked guests wait) and the area where you check in for Spa services; we Thermal Spa users used that same changing room which is also very near the gym.

The locker room was not keycard controlled, whereas the Thermal Spa itself was. You had to check in at the spa desk to get a locker key, however, if you wanted to lock your stuff up; not sure if those are free to all as, again, I had the pass my entire trip.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, willoL said:

On Nieuw Statendam, the locker room is between the Relaxation Room (where spa-service-booked guests wait) and the area where you check in for Spa services; we Thermal Spa users used that same changing room which is also very near the gym

In comparison to the arrangement on the Vista and Signature Class ships, I like this less.  But, it's a minor annoyance.