Can OBC be applied to excursion & internet pre-cruise?

OC PAT

Just now, OC PAT said:

Does RCCL allow OBC to be applied for internet packages and excursions? I would rather pick and pay before we board.  Thanks

I don't pay for internet but you can use RC OBC for booking shore excursions in your CP prior to your cruise. 

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, you can use OBC to purchase anything on cruise planner.  

Thank you, so much.  You made my night.  Will they automatically use it or do I need to direct it to be applied?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, OC PAT said:

Thank you, so much.  You made my night.  Will they automatically use it or do I need to direct it to be applied?

I'm pretty sure you have an option to pick obc instead of inputting credit card when you check out items in your cart.   I do not remember it being done automatically.

Have fun shopping😀 and planning your cruise.

Edited by Sunshine3601

1 hour ago, OC PAT said:

During checkout you need to specify that you want to use your OBC. Then you need to say how much OBC you want to use. For example if you have $200 OBC and you buy something for $150 you can choose to use $150 OBC for the purchase. You can also choose to use $100 OBC and pay $50 with a credit card if you desire. 

When you log in to your cruise planner it will show you how much OBC you have. Only OBC from RC will show up. OBC from other sources such as your travel agent will not show up until you board the ship and therefore cannot be used for cruise planner purchases. 

15 hours ago, SG65CB said:

During checkout you need to specify that you want to use your OBC. Then you need to say how much OBC you want to use. For example if you have $200 OBC and you buy something for $150 you can choose to use $150 OBC for the purchase. You can also choose to use $100 OBC and pay $50 with a credit card if you desire. 

When you log in to your cruise planner it will show you how much OBC you have. Only OBC from RC will show up. OBC from other sources such as your travel agent will not show up until you board the ship and therefore cannot be used for cruise planner purchases. 

I moved too quickly, and everything was charged to the cc.  Thanks to my TA and RCCL Fernando we are now set.  Didn't see the option to select payment method.  Thanks.

15 hours ago, SG65CB said:

My OBC showed up from my points on my CC that I transferred over.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SG65CB said:

Only OBC from RC will show up. OBC from other sources such as your travel agent will not show up until you board the ship and therefore cannot be used for cruise planner purchases. 

OBC from Royal Caribbean and Shareholder Benefit will show up in Cruise Planner.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, OC PAT said:

If you have OBC and it shows up in your cruise planner, when you get ready to check out it will ask you if you want to use your OBC.