Icon of the Seas

Hello everyone, 

I am BRAND NEW to Royal Caribbean but not to cruising. I am thinking of experimenting on Royal the end of this year and beginning of next year. I see they have a new ship debuting Icon of the Seas. Does anyone know when itineraries will be announced also does anyone know where the home port is going to be? Has anyone be on an inagural sailing? is it worth it

Welcome!

Answers:

No

No (but at one point I believe South Hampton was mentioned, but even then unclear if just an inaugural season or it's initial designated home port)

Yes (but not me, so I can't answer #4, but looks like it might be).

Here is the Icon discussion thread:

and if you are interested in the next Oasis class ship (Utopia), that discussion is here:

Edited by RobInMN

On 8/12/2022 at 5:55 PM, Alyssajones624 said:

Hello everyone, 

I am BRAND NEW to Royal Caribbean but not to cruising. I am thinking of experimenting on Royal the end of this year and beginning of next year. I see they have a new ship debuting Icon of the Seas. Does anyone know when itineraries will be announced also does anyone know where the home port is going to be? Has anyone be on an inagural sailing? is it worth it

Michael Bayley described the 5,000-passenger Icon of the Seas – which will the first new class of ship for Royal Caribbean since 2014 – as the line’s “newest class of genuinely game changing ships”, which he said the line had spent five years designing.

He stressed the importance of the UK market which he said had been significant to the line “almost since the beginning of the company”.

“I don’t see that ever changing,” he added. “In fact, it’s so important that I promise you will bring Icon of the Seas into Southampton. The UK will be the first country and market that we will bring this incredible ship into [when it launches] in 2023.

“We’ll do a huge trade event in the UK and Ireland – we’ll invite all of our travel partners to see the biggest, best, most stunning exciting product on the planet. I can’t commit on the date,” he said, adding: “But it’s going to be around October time."

I'm pretty sure September has now been mentioned as the official date when they will unveil Icon.  I would expect itineraries to follow almost immediately as the ship is due to launch Autumn 23 and they will want to get bookings started ASAP. Although to be fair I don't think they are going to have any issues filling this ship given the amount of hype and interest surrounding it. Personally we are keen to book the inaugural sailing from Southampton (if that is what actually happens) as its just a 1 hour flight from us.

53 minutes ago, sowhat said:

Michael Bayley described the 5,000-passenger Icon of the Seas – which will the first new class of ship for Royal Caribbean since 2014 – as the line’s “newest class of genuinely game changing ships”, which he said the line had spent five years designing.

He stressed the importance of the UK market which he said had been significant to the line “almost since the beginning of the company”.

“I don’t see that ever changing,” he added. “In fact, it’s so important that I promise you will bring Icon of the Seas into Southampton. The UK will be the first country and market that we will bring this incredible ship into [when it launches] in 2023.

“We’ll do a huge trade event in the UK and Ireland – we’ll invite all of our travel partners to see the biggest, best, most stunning exciting product on the planet. I can’t commit on the date,” he said, adding: “But it’s going to be around October time."

And then it will head to Miami.

Might not even have any revenue sailings out of UK

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

And then it will head to Miami.

Might not even have any revenue sailings out of UK

May or may not
Too late in the UK sailing season to stay 

ps. thread  counter boost  post

1 hour ago, Trixie21 said:

I'm pretty sure September has now been mentioned as the official date when they will unveil Icon.  I would expect itineraries to follow almost immediately as the ship is due to launch Autumn 23 and they will want to get bookings started ASAP. Although to be fair I don't think they are going to have any issues filling this ship given the amount of hype and interest surrounding it. Personally we are keen to book the inaugural sailing from Southampton (if that is what actually happens) as its just a 1 hour flight from us.

The Deployment Release Schedule suggests that Icon sailings will be released w/c 12th September, so keep a look out for these. Although, I hope we will have seen parts of the ship by this point, at least enough for partial deck plans to be released.