Platinum dinner coupon question

StarAFire

Hi,

My brother and I are both platinum and from my understanding, we would only get one set of dinner vouchers.  I was wondering, are these tied by account?

For example, we are traveling w/ my parents in a diff cabin who are not platinum.  Am I able to say take one of the coupons and take my mom and my brother takes my dad?   Or is it I need to use these coupons with my brother only?

Thanks,

Debbie

you can use the coupon to dine with whoever you desire, but you only get one set of vouchers per cabin.  So if you and your brother are sailing in the same cabin, you won't get double vouchers despite both of you being platinum.  

Next time, book yourself into a cabin with Mom & your brother with Dad.  Then have guest services switch up the keycards once on board.  Then you could take Mom & Dad to dinner in the way you describe.  

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, trivimp said:

you can use the coupon to dine with whoever you desire, but you only get one set of vouchers per cabin.  So if you and your brother are sailing in the same cabin, you won't get double vouchers despite both of you being platinum.  

Next time, book yourself into a cabin with Mom & your brother with Dad.  Then have guest services switch up the keycards once on board.  Then you could take Mom & Dad to dinner in the way you describe.  

This is correct.

The only thing to add is that with the reported change to platinum vouchers being able to be used in any restaurant, would it be possible to use them both in the same restaurant at the same time? If so then what the OP asks could work.

I don't know the answer to this question. Just wondering.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

This is correct.

The only thing to add is that with the reported change to platinum vouchers being able to be used in any restaurant, would it be possible to use them both in the same restaurant at the same time? If so then what the OP asks could work.

I don't know the answer to this question. Just wondering.

I was under the impression that the "use at any restaurant" policy was at the discretion of the hotel manager on certain sailings, and was not an official change... but I'm sure someone will come along & correct me if I'm mistaken.  Couldn't hurt for the OP to ask.  I'm not counting on it for my next cruise, though.

3 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@KeithJenner

Do you have a source of your statement please so i can take a copy in case a booking is queried?

Does it state that that is so on ALL ships?

Thanks

Mike

My source is this forum.

I have nothing official about this, and the reports started after my last cruise, which is why I was very vague about it but if it is a thing then it could help in the OP's situation.

1 hour ago, casofilia said:

@StarAFire

The advice from @trivimp is correct.

I would go one step further and suggest you approach your TA and/or PCC to have the rooming arrangements changed on your present booking

LOL I know.  But I can't change the booking.  I would have booked it with one of us in each cabin, but my parents actually don't know my brother is coming.  It's a surprise.  He moved across country a few months ago. 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, casofilia said:

@KeithJenner

Do you have a source of your statement please so i can take a copy in case a booking is queried?

Does it state that that is so on ALL ships?

Thanks

Mike

Others have said that there has been a letter left in their stateroom. We will be sailing soon and see if we get such a letter. And will post. 

• Like 1

Regarding the dinners and special gifts - it seems to be ship- dependent.  Only 1 of my recent cruises (4 different ships) had the option to dine anywhere. 

The "gift" is obc IF they aren't doing the latitudes wine tasting  - so nothing on the Dawn in July but still offered on the Star in August.

If it's offered, it's 25 per cabin for platinum, 50 for sapphire