Understanding the vaccine requirement of 270 days

Mara4166

I know the rules may (probably will) change before our cruise in November but would like to understand if we may have a problem based on the rules today.  My DH and I are fully vaccinated, and each have had 1 booster.  This is completely up to date from a UK perspective, and we cannot get another booster until they this autumn.  Our boosters were in December 2021.

By the time we get to our cruise in November, out booster will be well over 270 days old.  We are hoping to get another booster in October, but the UK plans for boosters is not confirmed so we may not be able to get one before we need to travel.

Based on my interpretation of the Princess rules we are okay since we have a booster even though it was over 270 days ago.  Am I interpreting this correctly or does the booster need to be within 270 days?

I have been thinking the same thing.  We are from the uk and we are fully vaccinated and had our boosters in October 2021.  It will be over 270 days since we had the boosters when we next cruise.  There will be boosters offered here in the uk  in Autumn, but that will be too late for us. 

4 minutes ago, Mara4166 said:

I know the rules may (probably will) change before our cruise in November but would like to understand if we may have a problem based on the rules today.  My DH and I are fully vaccinated, and each have had 1 booster.  This is completely up to date from a UK perspective, and we cannot get another booster until they this autumn.  Our boosters were in December 2021.

By the time we get to our cruise in November, out booster will be well over 270 days old.  We are hoping to get another booster in October, but the UK plans for boosters is not confirmed so we may not be able to get one before we need to travel.

Based on my interpretation of the Princess rules we are okay since we have a booster even though it was over 270 days ago.  Am I interpreting this correctly or does the booster need to be within 270 days?

The initial series or primary vaccine is where the 270 days comes in. You’ve had a booster, so you’re good. It doesn’t apply to the booster.

Anyway, things are changing very quickly.

Keep your eye in the health protocols on the top of the Princess website.

UK was just changed on August 10.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mara4166 said:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/uk-southampton-cruises/

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

The initial series or primary vaccine is where the 270 days comes in. You’ve had a booster, so you’re good. It doesn’t apply to the booster.

Anyway, things are changing very quickly.

Keep your eye in the health protocols on the top of the Princess website.

UK was just changed on August 10.

I was just typing at the same time as you 👍. 270 days applies to initial vaccines, so as long as you’ve had the booster, it’s fine.

Thank you everyone for the quick replies.  We are cruising from the US (Fort Lauderdale) so the US requirements will apply to us.  I will be monitoring princess regularly for updates if anything changes. Hopefully we will have another booster before travelling, but it is good to know that based on the rules today we should be okay.

8 minutes ago, Mara4166 said:

Thank you everyone for the quick replies.  We are cruising from the US (Fort Lauderdale) so the US requirements will apply to us.  I will be monitoring princess regularly for updates if anything changes. Hopefully we will have another booster before travelling, but it is good to know that based on the rules today we should be okay.

Big changes are coming from the US also. They just announced today at Princess PR newswire.  Website will be updated soon, probably.  

We've just returned from Enchanted Princess out of Southampton. Like the initial poster I have had 2 vaccinations and 1 booster last Sept which is more than 270 days. As stated by others you only  need that and Princesss state "no need for a 2nd booster" . When we boarded they were only interested in checking that you had the vaccine and booster and didn't even check the dates the were administered.

Hope this puts your mind at ease.