How strict is RC (Voyager of the Seas) about bringing on water?

drbabe

I hardly drink any alcohol, but I do drink a lot of water, for medical reasons, and am very particular about the taste.  It looks as if we're limited to 12 seventeen oz bottles per stateroom - I figure that most people bring soda, but I would like to bring water.  How strict are they about this?  I'd prefer to bring on a few gallon bottles of purified water, or barring that, a 24 pack of 17 oz bottles/stateroom ( but I hate using those single-serve bottles).  Do I need an MD note in order to bring on the water in gallons?  Has anyone run into a problem recently, or has anyone been able to bring on more, or differently packaged, non-alcoholic beverages/water?

7 minutes ago, drbabe said:

Good point.  I imagine that I'll put it in my second rolling suitcase, and send it up to my room.

Supposed to be Carry on yourself. Multiple times have seen Suitcases held up with Soda or Water not getting to Cabin right away, sent to naughty table where you have to retrieve Bag. Might get away with it but Luck. My last Cruises out of MIA and Boston they did count carry on Bottles, but if you have more some split them up having you and another each carry 12 or less

36 minutes ago, drbabe said:

Good point.  I imagine that I'll put it in my second rolling suitcase, and send it up to my room.

But that is what I'm trying to say--you can't 'send it up to your room'.  That's no longer an option. You need to hang on to it/carry it/wheel it, until rooms are ready. If you choose late boarding, like 2 pm, that way you could take it right to your room and not have to lug it around. Rooms have been opening up by 2 pm, and many times a little earlier.   

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, drbabe said:

It needs to be handcarried through security. Not checked. 

For us, it is not worth the effort. we just buy water onboard. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1