On board coral Princess now

4 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Yep been following you guys, you are inspirational and I really enjoyed your reports, they have been a great help as was your insurance information. My wife and I have until the end of Nov before one of our cruise payments are due and we have to decide to risk it or not. As mentioned before the wife will have been one year since Chemo. At this stage we are keen to go as the cruise is only in Australia.  By the way that is a great photo.

Thanks. We’re round aus in October and really hoping WA opens for large cruisers. We’ve gone with qantas insurance for an annual policy worldwide. We found it very reasonable and it covers over 40 pre existing conditions. True, acne was one of them lol but certainly anything that we needed was covered where others were adding $500 to policy.

we had already put the round aus October one with 1 cover but they don’t cover 80 yr olds for international. I did heaps of research again before settling on qantas 

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

There were more younger people than usual on our 26th June cruise but I put that down to people of all ages wanting to get back to cruising ASAP. Most of the itineraries so far have been short which suits the younger age group who have work commitments. But there are plenty of us seniors onboard.

Thats great, I did wonder if a lot of seniors were hanging back and keeping their eye on the situation before committing . In the end of course it is personal choice but I do have concerns for my wife as they say once you have chemo the immunity system will never be same as before that is apart from age lowering it anyway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Thanks. We’re round aus in October and really hoping WA opens for large cruisers. We’ve gone with qantas insurance for an annual policy worldwide. We found it very reasonable and it covers over 40 pre existing conditions. True, acne was one of them lol but certainly anything that we needed was covered where others were adding $500 to policy.

we had already put the round aus October one with 1 cover but they don’t cover 80 yr olds for international. I did heaps of research again before settling on qantas 

Thanks for that. Around Australia cruise sounds great and not long for embarkation, how exciting. Regarding the insurance we should be fine with that as we have not got Acne 😂

• Haha 2

We get unceremoniously dumped in Sydney in the morning. I will reflect on some specifics later. For now:

Ate too much, mostly very good food

Drank too much (but not drunk)

Caught up with old friends

Met some really nice people

Had a great break on a nice ship

Only a couple of grumbles

Scored a fridge magnet souvenir

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, JohnGc said:

Thanks for that. Around Australia cruise sounds great and not long for embarkation, how exciting. Regarding the insurance we should be fine with that as we have not got Acne 😂

I know what you mean, that was the thing that pulled us right over the line too 😂😂😂😂

5 hours ago, arxcards said:

We get unceremoniously dumped in Sydney in the morning. I will reflect on some specifics later. For now:

Sounds like an all round good cruise then 😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, arxcards said:

Bound to happen, will likely be my experience in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Mum said there was alot of vomit on the deck in the smoking area this morning  at 5.30am.

And a very drunk woman  out there.

I think the next cruise will be quieter

The deck 7 ashtray area was feral last night. If security wasn't involved in the end, they should have been. I have a mental picture of a particular woman I think it may be, who was boisterously drunk by midnight.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, arxcards said:

The deck 7 ashtray area was feral last night. If security wasn't involved in the end, they should have been. I have a mental picture of a particular woman I think it may be, who was boisterously drunk by midnight.

Girls will be boys?

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, arxcards said:

There were definitely some questionable looking people out there each time I walked past - and that was in the daytime! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, CCC's said:

I also have complimentary speciality dining for one night.   Tried using the Medallion app to book Crown Grill using my freebie but would only accept payment which at $29 each pax was a no brainer, so booked and paid.   Then read a post here (thank you Ondine) which suggested using the laptop/computer website, which I did.  I booked the French Speciality restaurant and instead of paying it "Reserved" my booking.  So will pay for this booking using my freebie when onboard.  Worth giving it a try.

A few days ago, I used the computer version of the Medallion to book speciality restaurants. I have one complimentary speciality dining, but I got charged for all of the three bookings I made.  I guess I can wait until onboard to sort it out.  There are several other nights I could use the comp. dining.

Gosh ....that early morning arrival was so smooth... looked out at 5.30am... and some lights.. and then the Opera House !!! 

It was rough seas outside the heads at 3.30am.....

It was a quite a strange night last night - not too many around ...  the Party Music Trivia in Explorers wasn't much... the Beatles Trivia had 4 people...  Buffet was empty at around 6....

Impressions of Coral Princes...

Nice ship - but if you don't have the drinks package, you find little much else but bars.  

There are no TVs in the bars - except Level 5 Good Spirits - that has a promo on loop....   so forget about any sport coverage (i noted that was asked her) 

The Wheelhouse Bar was dead last night - it's filled with big chairs and lounge - and when empty it's just quiet.   Much like the Explorers Lounge when nothing is on....  dark...

The Cafe :  avoid near 10am - it's just so busy.   Or get in early.

There's next to no other techology except the screens near the lifts.  

The Universe Lounge was used for trivia and bingo......   there is no nightclub.  

The Princess Theatre has no bar - you will need to get them from some bar afar and carry them. 

The Medallion App at least allowed you to see the drinks menu / prices - and a few other things - though I never found out what drinks where in those tall glasses.  

Room - Balcony - there is no sitting space -just a single chair and desk.  

Bathroom - small but functional (if you are of a reasonable size - if you aren't then, you may find it very tight).

Beds - twin - small width - but still comfortable.  

Lot of movies !!   I think we watched all of the Frasier episodes though. 

We only did the Buffet - my mum was not eating much / was confused (dementia coming on) - it was well.... bland.  There were about 14 hot choices - that would include chips, mash, sliced...   and fish... and another fish... and fish battered...

Forget the scrambled eggs...  firstly it was plain, then next with asparagus.. and today with onion.....

BUT such SMALL FORKS !! 

Edited by shireboi

33 minutes ago, shireboi said:

Gosh ....that early morning arrival was so smooth... looked out at 5.30am... and some lights.. and then the Opera House !!! 

It was rough seas outside the heads at 3.30am.....

It was a quite a strange night last night - not too many around ...  the Party Music Trivia in Explorers wasn't much... the Beatles Trivia had 4 people...  Buffet was empty at around 6....

Impressions of Coral Princes...

Nice ship - but if you don't have the drinks package, you find little much else but bars.  

There are no TVs in the bars - except Level 5 Good Spirits - that has a promo on loop....   so forget about any sport coverage (i noted that was asked her) 

The Wheelhouse Bar was dead last night - it's filled with big chairs and lounge - and when empty it's just quiet.   Much like the Explorers Lounge when nothing is on....  dark...

The Cafe :  avoid near 10am - it's just so busy.   Or get in early.

There's next to no other techology except the screens near the lifts.  

The Universe Lounge was used for trivia and bingo...... 

The Princess Theatre has no bar - you will need to get them from some bar afar and carry them. 

The Medallion App at least allowed you to see the drinks menu / prices - and a few other things - though I never found out what drinks where in those tall glasses.  

International Cafe was also packed when the 9:30 show ended, as many were heading off to bed with a coffee. Lots heading off to work straight from the ship this morning, so it was really quiet - well, everywhere but the deck 7 ashtray it seems.

My wife had one drink in a tall glass. It was a dirty banana. Depending on the bars, margaritas and daiquiris were sometimes served that way.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, arxcards said:

International Cafe was also packed when the 9:30 show ended, as many were heading off to bed with a coffee. Lots heading off to work straight from the ship this morning, so it was really quiet - well, everywhere but the deck 7 ashtray it seems.

My wife had one drink in a tall glass. It was a dirty banana. Depending on the bars, margaritas and daiquiris were sometimes served that way.

yep - we were off at 7.10 ... "calling group number 1"... we were 7 .. sorry no waiting for us.  Train back to The Shire and remote working at 8.30am.   (hope that couple we met at Town Hall heading to Corrimal got home OK - the train south was like a 40+ min wait.)   

08.35 my 82 mum falls over and hits her head at home.......  big golf size bruise now.     That shall be her last trip.  

Might be my last cruise for a while - no one I know wants to go - and it would otherwise be solo for me.

(going to drive from my Sydney home to my Bathurst home later this arvo.. after work.... a long day). 

Edited by shireboi

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

I had many mocktails many time in tall glasses lol Key west cooler was usually in tall glass, as was my clean banana hahahah. Pina coladas and strawberry things mainly smaller glasses. I enjoyed them all

Edited by Cbtours

On 8/13/2022 at 8:02 AM, yes!yes!yes! said:

The Princess logo shop had a fair bit of clothing marked down quite considerably. I got a couple of bargains.

The perfume shop is really low on stock and the sales assistant  said they will get a major restock before the next cruise 

How are you enjoying it a week in?

Is this still the case (22/8) or have they re-stocked shop?

more importantly- are they offering Duty Free? Lol 

1 hour ago, PossumMagic 13 said:

How are you enjoying it a week in?

Is this still the case (22/8) or have they re-stocked shop?

more importantly- are they offering Duty Free? Lol 

They have duty free.

The logo shop changed alot of stock every day. Will have a look later today if they restocked the perfume shop.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Yep we’re a couple of young oldies and enjoyed every minute of our recent 17 days B2B. There were a great range of ages on board, especially as it touched school holidays.

Our “formal” photo on board in June! I am 71 and my DH is 83! So we def qualify as senior 😂😂😂

5653061C-E01C-4B00-BB90-7F4D3B0032BE.jpeg

A very special picture.🤩

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, shireboi said:

yep - we were off at 7.10 ... "calling group number 1"... we were 7 .. sorry no waiting for us.  Train back to The Shire and remote working at 8.30am.   (hope that couple we met at Town Hall heading to Corrimal got home OK - the train south was like a 40+ min wait.)   

08.35 my 82 mum falls over and hits her head at home.......  big golf size bruise now.     That shall be her last trip.  

Might be my last cruise for a while - no one I know wants to go - and it would otherwise be solo for me.

(going to drive from my Sydney home to my Bathurst home later this arvo.. after work.... a long day). 

Hope your mum is OK

On 8/19/2022 at 12:46 PM, cruiser3775 said:

It's not the distance or cost I am worried about. I was going to take a taxi to the airport, but now worried that I might miss the 1 pm plane if taxis are in high demand, so maybe the cruise ship transportation might be safer?

When we got off the ship on Friday, we self disembarked & were in the carpark by 7.35am, there were plenty of taxis lined up. We parked at the Port so didn't need them.