celebrity edge

rohudd1

I am absolutely confused!!  My husband and I are booked on the Edge leaving from Rome on October 14th.  It appears as if we need to test 2 days before at this point in time.  I still have not booked flights from Boston to Rome in hopes that the testing will change to 3 days prior.  We are wary of having to test in Rome if we arrive 3 days before embarkation.  I had read that the test does not need to be monitored. Am I mistaken?  

I believe your cruise from Rome (Civitavecchia) i western Med ports and right now, depending on your vaccination status, you are required to test within 2 days and the test does not have to be a monitored test. 

If your cruise had a Greek port, a monitored test is required, but not true for your itineary. Im cruising the Edge on a TA when you pull back into Rome.

here is the Celebrity website info for Italy: 

Sailing Testing Requirements:

All guests ages 2 and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result to board their sailing. A negative test result from any commercially available test, including self-tests, will be accepted. Tests do not have to be monitored or proctored. Test results may be presented as a printout, screenshot or photo of the test result or the actual test.

Pre-Arrival/Embarkation Covid-19 Test

• Vaccinated Guests: Must test negative for COVID-19 within 2 days prior to sailing.
  • Unvaccinated Guests: Must test negative for COVID-19 within 1 day of sailing.

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lasekeye said:

Hi, we are on your sailing too!

We agree, the non-proctor testing sure leaves the door open for fraud…..but it sure makes it easy for us to do a free home test.

I don't know about fraud but it does seem to be a return to the honour system regarding declarations of health prior to boarding.  I guess passengers are just going to have to make their own decisions on how honest they want to be and to what extent they trust other passengers' honesty.

Although the former kindergarten teacher in me I would like to think that consideration for our fellow passengers would factor into the honesty part, but I am doubtful.  Certainly, this will make it far less stressful for all of us.  Enjoy your vacations everyone, and stay safe and continue to remain healthy!!   

On 8/13/2022 at 1:30 PM, Denny01 said:

Yup. 

On 8/13/2022 at 12:09 PM, rohudd1 said:

That is certainly great news, but how can a test that is not monitored prove that the person who took it is actually the person who is travelling?  This is ridiculous!!

Celebrity is just going through the motions. They are really saying we don’t care if you test but we have to seem as though we are doing the right thing. Total nonsense!  Hope this attitude doesn’t come back and bite them in the a__ I for one think this is ridiculous too!