$100 pp per day per diem

wblotner66

1 hour ago, wblotner66 said:

Nothing yet. What phone number are you calling? 

For AON: 1-800-453-4057. I have also emailed them, and received a standard reply that they are “behind.” I have had no response from HAL guest services about my email to them for refunding our missed excursions. It has been 7 weeks, going on 8. This next week I will get firmer with AON and see if that starts some movement. Not only are we out our cruise and land tour money, we have $4500 to be reimbursed from our quarantine. It seems that the cruise lines and insurance companies are both dragging their feet. I am getting to the point that I don’t want to try another cruise! 

What happens if you live in the embarkation port and test covid positive 2 days before your Sept  2022 trans Pacific cruise ? 

Do you still get the $100  per diem each and hotel reimbursement from Princess if you check into a hotel ( so you will not  infect  other family members who are not cruising with you but live with you in the same house)?

Thx

11 minutes ago, truffles68 said:

What happens if you live in the embarkation port and test covid positive 2 days before your Sept  2022 trans Pacific cruise ? 

Do you still get the $100  per diem each and hotel reimbursement from Princess if you check into a hotel ( so you will not  infect  other family members who are not cruising with you but live with you in the same house)?

Thx

I don't think that anyone on here KNOWS the answer to that, but my WAG is probably not. You are in your home town, and at that point, their take is that it is a "you" issue, not a "they" issue as far as the quarantine. Their quarantine policy is based around transportation such as flying home, not staying home.

On 8/14/2022 at 9:42 AM, CineGraphic said:

I'm sorry, I haven't been refused boarding due to Covid, but if everyone resigns to the fact that it's OK to wait 6 months for a refund, they'll take 6 months.

Personally, I'm not that generous with my time or money.

Considering that it is a benefit provided by the cruise line it is not bound by any regulation or law for delivery of services, nor is it subject to any credit card claw back.

So please explain what action you would take in that situation since you stated that you would not wait for the cruiseline timeline to process.

or is it merely a troll post.

15 minutes ago, jwattle said:

I don't think that anyone on here KNOWS the answer to that, but my WAG is probably not. You are in your home town, and at that point, their take is that it is a "you" issue, not a "they" issue as far as the quarantine. Their quarantine policy is based around transportation such as flying home, not staying home.

Thx

On 8/27/2022 at 11:52 AM, truffles68 said:

Thx

We experienced that same issue and still trying to get an answer. Very long story short, I tested positive for COVID 2 days before the cruise in May. I could not get anything other than a scripted response from the 800 number. I submitted the claim as a 'trip interruption' and it was denied. I told them to submit it as a trip cancellation then. They approved that however the email I received notifying me of a check being mailed to me was not the full amount. The amount was close to the money paid for the cruise but did not include any other dollars.  I repeatedly call the number for Aon but the people are unable to provide an answer nor are they able to provide another contact. I am so frustrated at this point.  I keep searching various sites in hopes that I will find someone that has had success ! I did read a post here re: contacting the state insurance commission which I did.  It was only after contacting them that the claim moved to 'assign' status and someone actually reviewed it. I have contacted them again but not sure if they can help at this point since Aon says it is 'closed' now. I'll never buy another policy from Aon.

2 minutes ago, mlh0500 said:

We experienced that same issue and still trying to get an answer. Very long story short, I tested positive for COVID 2 days before the cruise in May. I could not get anything other than a scripted response from the 800 number. I submitted the claim as a 'trip interruption' and it was denied. I told them to submit it as a trip cancellation then. They approved that however the email I received notifying me of a check being mailed to me was not the full amount. The amount was close to the money paid for the cruise but did not include any other dollars.  I repeatedly call the number for Aon but the people are unable to provide an answer nor are they able to provide another contact. I am so frustrated at this point.  I keep searching various sites in hopes that I will find someone that has had success ! I did read a post here re: contacting the state insurance commission which I did.  It was only after contacting them that the claim moved to 'assign' status and someone actually reviewed it. I have contacted them again but not sure if they can help at this point since Aon says it is 'closed' now. I'll never buy another policy from Aon.

Sorry - I missed the initial part of question stating you live in the city of embarkation. Sorry folks ! We live in FL and had flown into Seattle early.

2 minutes ago, mlh0500 said:

On 8/14/2022 at 10:57 AM, chrysalis said:

just got ours Friday from late April early May hotel stay.

What classification did you use when filing your claim ? Assuming most are the same type of forms...  ours had a 'trip cancellation' and 'trip interruption'.  Having issues with claim being denied.

On 8/14/2022 at 12:42 PM, CineGraphic said:

I'm sorry, I haven't been refused boarding due to Covid, but if everyone resigns to the fact that it's OK to wait 6 months for a refund, they'll take 6 months.

Personally, I'm not that generous with my time or money.

I've been nice and I've been less than nice...  they don't care. The people answering the calls read from a script. As them a question and they repeat a portion of the script. It's horrible. It's been 4 months. 

On 8/14/2022 at 7:29 PM, Gray Lady said:

Thanks for the heads-up. I will give them 7 weeks and then call. Just want to get our money so we can plan a different trip somewhere!

Good luck. I submitted mine in May... still waiting and I call ALL the time.  

4 hours ago, mlh0500 said:

Good luck. I submitted mine in May... still waiting and I call ALL the time.  

I called today, and the woman actually talked to me without the “script”. She did say it was AON and not HAL who was taking so much time. 
Did you receive a check for part of your money from AON? I just want to make sure I am understanding correctly. You tested positive after arriving in Seattle from Florida, correct? Just wondering what you submitted to AON. Did you ask for your flight money and hotel money from them? Did you book those things on your own or with HAL? I may be able to give you some help depending on the answers to these questions. 

17 minutes ago, Gray Lady said:

I called today, and the woman actually talked to me without the “script”. She did say it was AON and not HAL who was taking so much time. 
Did you receive a check for part of your money from AON? I just want to make sure I am understanding correctly. You tested positive after arriving in Seattle from Florida, correct? Just wondering what you submitted to AON. Did you ask for your flight money and hotel money from them? Did you book those things on your own or with HAL? I may be able to give you some help depending on the answers to these questions. 

I incorrectly assumed your cruise line…so sorry. Princess and HAL work the same,  questions still apply only with Princess. 

49 minutes ago, Colorado Coasty said:

11weeks and counting, only getting canned responses.

Something needs to be done about this. It is not right. You need to pay 90 days ahead. Maybe your claim should be paid out in 60 days or you get double!! Even though 90 days is still too long!!

I just got an email today, ten weeks after filing the claim, requiring Covid test results (never got mine on the cruise, got the results for the cabin three doors down which my cabin mate placed under their door), and/or a copy of the quarantine order.

They also want me to provide itemized bills verifying out of pocket expenses for hotel and or meals. 

I didn't expect the process to be easy, but I thought Aon would be respectably competent. Not so much.

2 hours ago, venussuz said:

I just got an email today, ten weeks after filing the claim, requiring Covid test results (never got mine on the cruise, got the results for the cabin three doors down which my cabin mate placed under their door), and/or a copy of the quarantine order.

They also want me to provide itemized bills verifying out of pocket expenses for hotel and or meals. 

I didn't expect the process to be easy, but I thought Aon would be respectably competent. Not so much.

Hopefully you have those things, but we were told we didn’t need to have receipts for the per diem for food. If it took 10 weeks for you, then they should be getting to ours I. The next two weeks. Keep us posted as to how it goes. Fingers crossed for you!🤞

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally received an email from Princess Customer Relations today.  Our claim for per diem while in hotel quarantine has been processed and we will be receiving a check from "Bottomline Industries". Better late than never.

Now, with any luck, maybe we will soon have a resolution with AON.

We received our refund from AON two weeks ago, and have now filed for our per diem and the rest of our quarantine hotel with HAL. AON only reimbursed us for $500 for hotel. They said that is their maximum, and they will only pay for the person who had COVID. They said it would take 6 to 8 weeks. At the end of 8 weeks, if we haven’t received a notice of processing, I will call every day. They still need to refund us for shore excursions (which I submitted with the hotel and per diem). Fingers crossed they come through.

On 9/20/2022 at 10:29 PM, Gray Lady said:

We received our refund from AON two weeks ago, and have now filed for our per diem and the rest of our quarantine hotel with HAL. AON only reimbursed us for $500 for hotel. They said that is their maximum, and they will only pay for the person who had COVID. They said it would take 6 to 8 weeks. At the end of 8 weeks, if we haven’t received a notice of processing, I will call every day. They still need to refund us for shore excursions (which I submitted with the hotel and per diem). Fingers crossed they come through.

I'm happy to read that you've received some of the funds due to you. Did you have to submit documentation for the food costs (restaurant/delivery receipts) to get the $500? They require documentation of food costs from me in addition to the more troublesome letter stating that I tested positive for Covid. 

I was told by Princess that I needed to email RRT Testing for my Covid test results. I've been corresponding with RRT Testing for two weeks now and was just informed that they only process tests if paid out of pocket, no insurance or cruise company costs cover their testing. 

Called Princess again this morning and was told they have no record of either Covid test I had done during our May to June TA. 

I think I'll try again tomorrow and escalate as needed. 

The $500 was just for the hotel, which we were charged $550 per night for a total of $3300! They would not pay anything for me because I didn’t have a positive test, even though HAL made us both quarantine (and of course, I then caught it too). AON would not pay for any meals because we didn’t have receipts. They told us to file a claim with HAL as per the letter we were given. We had test results emailed to us from Beacon Health Care, so that part was easy. Many Princess passengers were in the same hotel as we were, as we stopped at Princess lodges and picked them up on our way to Anchorage. HAL said it would take 6 to 8 weeks for the reimbursement, so I am counting the weeks and will contact them everyday once 8 weeks is done. They still owe us reimbursements for part of our shore excursions, too. Maybe ours was easier because we had the positive test on our land tour before our cruise????

• Thanks 1

https://affinitytravelcert.com/document/pdfs/PCT_Plt_Landing.html

I quoted the HAL insurance in the previous post, but the fact remains that Princess insurance also limits Trip Delay to $500 so my comment holds true for both policies. Either will pay to the maximum scheduled amount.

Also, the Princess program will provide reimbursement for any excess not covered by insurance. It still remains true that one needs to understand what insurance covers for those occasions not covered by a cruise line safety net.

Edited by Babr

Yay I got email from Princess this morning with a different email address and a pdf of a medical release form to have my records released to the insurance company, AON. It would have helped to have that June 13 when I first requested the paperwork, but at this point I'm happy for anything resembling progress. 

I spoke last week with Princess Customer Service (quick call back) who had to transfer me to Princess Customer Solutions (2.5 hours on hold) to talk to someone about the FCC due us for our 4 days in quarantine and the $100pp/day for our quarantine food during our Alaska cruise/Anchorage quarantine in late July/early August on the Majestic.  I'm glad I called because I don't think anything would have happened if I didn't call.  She looked at our file, didn't see anything that we had tested positive or had been quarantined.  I had to email her the receipts from our quarantine stays and she said she had to contact the ship to confirm that we tested positive and had been quarantined.  I was told that once she receives that confirmation, she will process our funds but it would then be 30-60 days until we see those funds.  She is supposed to email me when she receives the confirmation, but nothing yet.

P.S. She said that you can only be reimbursed for up to 5 days for the food reimbursement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pklein9747 said:

I spoke last week with Princess Customer Service (quick call back) who had to transfer me to Princess Customer Solutions (2.5 hours on hold) to talk to someone about the FCC due us for our 4 days in quarantine and the $100pp/day for our quarantine food during our Alaska cruise/Anchorage quarantine in late July/early August on the Majestic.  I'm glad I called because I don't think anything would have happened if I didn't call.  She looked at our file, didn't see anything that we had tested positive or had been quarantined.  I had to email her the receipts from our quarantine stays and she said she had to contact the ship to confirm that we tested positive and had been quarantined.  I was told that once she receives that confirmation, she will process our funds but it would then be 30-60 days until we see those funds.  She is supposed to email me when she receives the confirmation, but nothing yet.

P.S. She said that you can only be reimbursed for up to 5 days for the food reimbursement.

Fingers crossed that they get everything so they can start on your reimbursement! Amazing how everyone wants your money upfront, but then take a minimum of two months to reimburse you.