Email from Celebrity contradicts website and app

helen haywood

Sailing the Caribbean next month.  Both on the app for our sailing, and under Celebrity’s Healthy at Sea protocols on their website it states that vaccinated guests need to show a negative test taken up to three days before boarding.  (The recent change from two days prior to three.)  This morning I received an email from Celebrity referencing my next cruise and stating that vaccinated guests need a negative test done up to two days before the cruise, and unvaccinated guests a negative test up to three days before the cruise.  Thus contradicting both their website and the app.

This has unnecessary stressed and confused some cruisers who had scheduled tests on the third day before the cruise and are now afraid they’ll turn up at the port and be denied boarding.  I’m pretty certain Celebrity will issue a retraction/clarification tomorrow…but what a mess they are making!!

• Like 1

Gosh, thanks!  That hadn’t occurred to me.  😜  My point is perhaps people might not read through the whole email if they had already checked in on the app which states three days window for testing…or if they’d read the same on Celebrity’s website.  If Celebrity has not gone to a three day window then their website and app should reflect that.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Gosh, thanks!  That hadn’t occurred to me.  😜  My point is perhaps people might not read through the whole email if they had already checked in on the app which states three days window for testing…or if they’d read the same on Celebrity’s website.  If Celebrity has not gone to a three day window then their website and app should reflect that.

The website has been updated.  FWIW I am up to 15 emails with various and sometimes contradictory information about boarding requirements for my upcoming cruise.

NONE contain all the requirements needed to board.  It is sad.

On board the Equinox as I type this.   We  also had contradicting testing requirements, depending on what you looked at.   We decided to go with the two days before sailing testing just to be sure.

They barely even looked at our test results when we boarded yesterday 

• Like 1

Things are happening very quickly at this point.  Like many companies, Celebrity is having issues keeping up and ensuring the current protocols are easily found and is consistent across their website and emails.  I have a feeling that the emails were autogenerated for a specific date and time and were not updated with the current testing that changed in the past day or two.  

My best suggestion is to take a screen shot of the testing protocols three days out if that's when you choose to get your test and print it out to take with you.  I am a big fan of printing things out with dates and time and taking that with me to the ship.  Having things electronically is great...except when something doesn't work (like the ap).

I wish everything was accurate everywhere.  I know it creates stress.  

Thanks to Helen Haywood for posting the link.  I'm going to keep my eye on that link in the coming days/weeks.

• Like 1

COVID-19 antibody testing - Mayo Clinic

COVID-19 antibody testing, also known as serology testing, is a blood test that's done to find out if you've had a past infection with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). An antibody test can't determine whether you're currently infected with the COVID-19 virus. May 27, 2022

I sent a message to my  shoreside concierge this morning about the incorrect emails asking that they get the info to the correct department to fix.

This isn't the first time the automated emails have been incorrect.   It's happened on a couple other sailings since the restart.

I'm also on multiple sailings and it doesn't even specify which sailing the "helpful information" is for.

46 minutes ago, Host Anne said:

Things are happening very quickly at this point.  Like many companies, Celebrity is having issues keeping up and ensuring the current protocols are easily found and is consistent across their website and emails.  I have a feeling that the emails were autogenerated for a specific date and time and were not updated with the current testing that changed in the past day or two.  

My best suggestion is to take a screen shot of the testing protocols three days out if that's when you choose to get your test and print it out to take with you.  I am a big fan of printing things out with dates and time and taking that with me to the ship.  Having things electronically is great...except when something doesn't work (like the ap).

I wish everything was accurate everywhere.  I know it creates stress.  

Thanks to Helen Haywood for posting the link.  I'm going to keep my eye on that link in the coming days/weeks.

I definitely am going to take a printed copy of their website protocols.  Even if the internet cooperated, I would worry something had changed on the app.  Hopefully this will be clarified on a regular business day.  Until then I’m not sure which day we’ll test on.  It takes us two days to drive to the port; I’d rather not have to add in taking the test the morning we leave home.

We are sailing Carib 8/29 and I also noticed the inconsistency re testing days.  I emailed Celebrity 8/12 pointing this out and we'll see if we get clarification.  I agree to print website, emails and I took pix of the app.

2 hours ago, kokopelli-az said:

On board the Equinox as I type this.   We  also had contradicting testing requirements, depending on what you looked at.   We decided to go with the two days before sailing testing just to be sure.

They barely even looked at our test results when we boarded yesterday 

Maybe they’ve relaxed the process, but our last cruise a month ago they checked 1) our names on the test results 2) the day they were taken and 3) the word negative.

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

This is a screen shot I just took from the Celebrity website referencing cruises from US ports not visiting Bermuda or Canada.  At 2:22 pm.  It says three days.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/updated-us-travel-requirements

Do you know for Canada.  I leave from Vancouver to Hawaii in september.  2 ou 3 days?