Solstice to Alaska - Are they provided?

techteach

The binoculars are there but not good ones.  If you want to see anything bring your own.  
I can’t remember if there was a blanket in the cabin or if we went up to the Lawn Club and got one from there. 

• Like 1

Just got off the Soltice. If you want to get the best view of Dawe's Glacier, I'd recommend going to a front viewing area, either inside or outside, since we spent quite a bit of time facing directly at the glacier, and then did only a slow turn, but not a 360, so those on port side balconies didn't get a direct view of the glaciers. I went between the Sky Lounge and the top viewing deck, and then to the sides as we made our turn. There were plenty of thin blankets, and the solarium towels are longer and maybe thicker, but long johns and a thermal coat are much more effective, along with a warm hat and gloves and a comfortable cloth face mask. They let people out on the bow helo pad, but it can get really cold there. They arrive very early for Endicott Arm, before 5, so after the turn around the Sky Lounge was fairly empty, and I had a nice front-facing lounger with the excellent narration and hot chocolate and views of both sides. The problem I found with balconies is that you can't sit outside and hear the narration on your tv, but you can hear it in the Sky Lounge and the buffet on the way in, before it fills with people.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, rj59 said:

Just got off the Soltice. If you want to get the best view of Dawe's Glacier, I'd recommend going to a front viewing area, either inside or outside, since we spent quite a bit of time facing directly at the glacier, and then did only a slow turn, but not a 360, so those on port side balconies didn't get a direct view of the glaciers. I went between the Sky Lounge and the top viewing deck, and then to the sides as we made our turn. There were plenty of thin blankets, and the solarium towels are longer and maybe thicker, but long johns and a thermal coat are much more effective, along with a warm hat and gloves and a comfortable cloth face mask. They let people out on the bow helo pad, but it can get really cold there. They arrive very early for Endicott Arm, before 5, so after the turn around the Sky Lounge was fairly empty, and I had a nice front-facing lounger with the excellent narration and hot chocolate and views of both sides. The problem I found with balconies is that you can't sit outside and hear the narration on your tv, but you can hear it in the Sky Lounge and the buffet on the way in, before it fills with people.

Aqua Class / Concierge are usually invited to a special viewing at the Spa/Gym area.

• Like 1

While there will be binoculars in the they will be totally useless.

Fleece blankets will be in bins on the pool deck.  Just take one back to your stateroom.

We were B2B on the Solstice in June.  On the first leg we did a ship sponsored excursion in which we left the Solstice to board an Allen Marine vessel.  We were able to cruise much closer to the glacier than the ship.  The Allen Marine vessel took a somewhat different route back to Juneau where we rejoined the Solstice.  It was a very worthwhile trip.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, techteach said:

We are in Concierge level stateroom, not a suite. Is there a blanket provided for use on our veranda? Are there binoculars?  Thanks!

We brought a couple of blankets down from the Lawn club for our balcony. You really need to bring your own binoculars if you can. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, techteach said:

Thanks to all for the quickly supplied answers. Guess I’ll have to go find a place for our binoculars. The grandson found a place for a blanket and agreed to carry it himself. 🙂

There lots of blankets on board.  Don't bring one.  It is also not that cold.  You are on the ocean so it moderates the temps.