Cozumel - Late Arrival

tw67

In January we will be in Cozumel from noon to 8.  Typically we head to Paradise Beach, but since there is a good chance that we won't get there until one and they close at 5, I feel like I won't have a full day there.  Also, it is just my husband and I, the grown kids aren't coming!  So I really think all beach clubs I am going to rule out on this trip.  I am not big on excursions through the cruise line, but there is a Fury catamaran snorkel/beach I am considering.  I definitely need water involved in any excursion I plan, so shout out if you have any suggestions of ones that aren't through the cruise line.  I thought of a sunset, but I think the sun sets too late and would want to be back on the ship around 7!   

3 hours ago, tw67 said:

In January we will be in Cozumel from noon to 8.  Typically we head to Paradise Beach, but since there is a good chance that we won't get there until one and they close at 5, I feel like I won't have a full day there.  Also, it is just my husband and I, the grown kids aren't coming!  So I really think all beach clubs I am going to rule out on this trip.  I am not big on excursions through the cruise line, but there is a Fury catamaran snorkel/beach I am considering.  I definitely need water involved in any excursion I plan, so shout out if you have any suggestions of ones that aren't through the cruise line.  I thought of a sunset, but I think the sun sets too late and would want to be back on the ship around 7!   

I would just check the pier schedule for your day and try pay as you go at Paradise for your water, then hit somewhere for a nice dinner on the way back to the ship.

Any other ships should probably left by the timeypou are heading back. Have to town to yourselves, after some beach'pool time.

Docking that late, most things in town will already be full with all the ships ahead of you. (we are the 6th out of 8 ships on our day in December)

Maybe you'll be there on a slow day in January.

1 hour ago, bguppies said:

I would just check the pier schedule for your day and try pay as you go at Paradise for your water, then hit somewhere for a nice dinner on the way back to the ship.

Any other ships should probably left by the timeypou are heading back. Have to town to yourselves, after some beach'pool time.

Docking that late, most things in town will already be full with all the ships ahead of you. (we are the 6th out of 8 ships on our day in December)

Maybe you'll be there on a slow day in January.

It is a Saturday, so I think it will already be more crowded than a weekday!

Thank for your thoughts.  The dinner idea is a good one!!  

On 8/15/2022 at 11:55 AM, tw67 said:

Sunset will be about 6.30pm.

Easier to make suggestions if we know which pier you will be at.

Paradise is pushing AI these days and most beach clubs close around 5. Nachi used to stay open late for late arrivals, otherwise for PAYG you would be better with a beach bar/restaurant which are open later. Some have live entertainment at weekends. If you dock in town, some restaurants only open for dinner but not necessarily with ocean view.

Edited by c-leg5

5 hours ago, negn said:

We also wanted to go to Paradise but with late arrival decided against it.   Booked Nachicocom instead.   They let you stay till 6:30 when your ship gets in late

That was what I posted, above although keep in mind that is 6.30 EST presumably? Big difference between atmosphere and amenities at Paradise and Nachi.

• 4 weeks later...

Fury Catamaran is fun... you snorkel awhile then a private beach with toys after.  Only negative to me is the food is limited.  They have burgers for sale there but that is all.  Drinks are only soda, water, or rum punch... which is unlimited.  We had a great time but wish they would offer more local food choices.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 3:53 PM, negn said:

We also wanted to go to Paradise but with late arrival decided against it.   Booked Nachicocom instead.   They let you stay till 6:30 when your ship gets in late

Good call.

I forgot that Nachi stays open late the few times a week Carnival docks late.

Not PAYG but a wonderfully relaxing day with a great ,pool area and wonderful food.

Well worth the money for AI.

Plus the limit they place on people per day is great on a busy Cozumel day. (we have 8 ships in on our day this December.)

Been to Nachi on a day with 10 ships in port and still was not overcrowded.