Do You Need Reservations for the Main Dining Room?

Guardsy

On HAL for the first time in 30 years.  Do you still make a dinner reservation time for the main dining room, or just for the specialty dining rooms?  Thanks!

Edited by Guardsy

9 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Or go to the nearest lounge and extend one's Happy Hour?  😄

I think that is the idea. When I last used it I was also given a voucher for free wine. Being the cheap sort😉I figured out the best time to show up to get waitlisted and have my free happy hour.  Not being a

much of a drinker I went back to my fixed dining regimen on the next cruise 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We pretty much have a 2 cocktail minimum before dinner, so starting in a lounge near the dining room is normal for us.  But, we also like a fixed time for dinner each evening, love to be seated with a large table of strangers and like to have the same wait staff each night.

• Like 1

We are new to holland, but have cruised many times prior, and I am now realizing I cannot find anything that confirms my dining status.  I booked on-line, we are paid in full, and checked in (except for the health questions before boarding day).  We sail in a couple weeks .... where can I find what my dining assignment is ?  I probably inherited some default selection, I did not make a specific selection, and now I do not see anywhere in my booking status what my dining assignment is ... anybody know how I can find this ?

14 minutes ago, cruzer0007 said:

We are new to holland, but have cruised many times prior, and I am now realizing I cannot find anything that confirms my dining status.  I booked on-line, we are paid in full, and checked in (except for the health questions before boarding day).  We sail in a couple weeks .... where can I find what my dining assignment is ?  I probably inherited some default selection, I did not make a specific selection, and now I do not see anywhere in my booking status what my dining assignment is ... anybody know how I can find this ?

Look on the emailed copy of your invoice. It will be listed in the details section near the top.  It is cryptic but will at least ell you early, late or open 

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, cruzer0007 said:

You say you are checked in?  Then your dining time is shown on page 2 of your boarding pass.