Unvaccinated travelers allowed August 22

Charles4515

1 hour ago, leelee9878 said:

The updated policy also says test 2 days prior to arrival vs embarkation like it previously said, not sure if that’s an oversight or intentional. 

In the article it says two days before departing port so I think it is an oversight copied and pasted from air arrivals.

• Like 2

It doesn't mention anything about re-testing on a ship that has taken more than 4 days to arrive in Bermuda—has that requirement been removed?

I'm curious, being booked on a cruise in September that will arrive on Day 7.

15 minutes ago, dcipjr said:

It doesn't mention anything about re-testing on a ship that has taken more than 4 days to arrive in Bermuda—has that requirement been removed?

I'm curious, being booked on a cruise in September that will arrive on Day 7.

The article does mention it. Read the paragraph that starts with ">Similarly"...the 6th paragraph. 

The requirement is still in place. 

Edited by njhorseman

1 minute ago, njhorseman said:

The article does mention it. Read the paragraph that starts with ">Similarly". The requirement is still in place. 

Similarly, unvaccinated cruise passengers require a Covid test no more than two days before departing the port. Depending on the time it takes to travel to Bermuda, they may need to test again before disembarking in Bermuda. This is familiar territory for the cruise lines as Bermuda already requires additional testing for vaccinated travellers when the journey to Bermuda is longer than four days.

I tend to agree with you, but this info isn't on the official government page, and one could read "already requires additional testing for vaccinated travellers" as requiring now, but not necessarily requiring later.

I am assuming nothing is changing for vaccinated travelers, but what a confusing mess this is. 

• Like 1

Just now, dcipjr said:

Similarly, unvaccinated cruise passengers require a Covid test no more than two days before departing the port. Depending on the time it takes to travel to Bermuda, they may need to test again before disembarking in Bermuda. This is familiar territory for the cruise lines as Bermuda already requires additional testing for vaccinated travellers when the journey to Bermuda is longer than four days.

I tend to agree with you, but this info isn't on the official government page, and one could read "already requires additional testing for vaccinated travellers" as requiring now, but not necessarily requiring later.

I am assuming nothing is changing for vaccinated travelers, but what a confusing mess this is. 

The sentence starting with "depending on the time it takes to travel to Bermuda..." makes it very clear.

6 hours ago, dcipjr said:

I was wondering the same thing. So if you are fully vaccinated do you no longer have to test? confusing. 

1 hour ago, elcuchio24 said:

I was wondering the same thing. So if you are fully vaccinated do you no longer have to test? confusing. 

You still have to test. See the Bermuda Government Website for all requirements. 

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

Edited by Charles4515

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2022 at 4:58 PM, Charles4515 said:

Unvaccinated allowed but testing and TA still required. Probably not the changes most people have been hoping for……..

https://bernews.com/2022/08/unvaccinated-travelers-allowed-island/

I paid my down payment today for my Bermuda Cruise in May 2023. MY TA told me that as of now I will not be allowed to cruise to Bermuda if not vaccinated. Bermuda does not require it but NCL does. Now I don't know if she is right or maybe she didn't get the memo from NCL stating that vaccination is no longer required after Sept 2. I told her and she said, but they do require it if going to Bermuda. So I am confused. 

9 minutes ago, uneamie said:

I paid my down payment today for my Bermuda Cruise in May 2023. MY TA told me that as of now I will not be allowed to cruise to Bermuda if not vaccinated. Bermuda does not require it but NCL does. Now I don't know if she is right or maybe she didn't get the memo from NCL stating that vaccination is no longer required after Sept 2. I told her and she said, but they do require it if going to Bermuda. So I am confused. 

Perhaps you should keep an eye on the following website and plan accordingly over the course of the next few months depending on how things may or may not change..

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation#

• Like 1

2 hours ago, uneamie said:

Your travel agent seem to be out of touch with the current rules.

Both the government of Bermuda and NCL (which must obey Bermuda's requirements) now allow unvaccinated passengers, but subject to testing requirements beyond what is required of  vaccinated passengers.

As the previous poster said Bermuda has published its rules here https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

NCL 's rules for countries with exceptions to NCL's standard rules, including Bermuda, can be found here: 

https://www.ncl.com/travel-requirements-by-country

As the previous poster said these rules can and do change so you have to keep track of them.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 1