New Rules for Bermuda Cruise passengers. Aka this will affect my Beyond cruise in October

mfs2k

Cruise Passenger Travel Authorisation

Effective August 22, 2022, the following changes to travel policy will take effect for cruise ship passengers:

- To travel to Bermuda, unvaccinated and not fully vaccinated cruise passengers will be required to submit in their travel authorization application BOTH a valid pre-arrival test AND proof of overseas travel health insurance:

Valid Proof of Travel Health Insurance includes a certificate of insurance, letter from insurer or medical declaration of insurance or travel insurance which states:

- Insurer name and address

- insured traveller’s name

- confirmation medical expenses are covered, including COVID-19 coverage (or "all medical expenses"), and,

- Period of coverage: that is, insurance coverage start date and end date

- Unvaccinated and not fully vaccinated visitors 12 years and older will no longer be required to provide proof of medical exemption from COVID-19 vaccination

- In order to disembark in Bermuda, unvaccinated and not fully vaccinated cruise passengers 12 years and older must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 2 days before arrival to Bermuda.

- Unvaccinated children 11 and under can enter Bermuda with a vaccinated or unvaccinated parent or guardian. Those children will be assessed on the vaccination status of the parent or guardian travelling with them.

-Fully vaccinated passengers must take either a COVID-19 NAAT test taken no more than 2 days before arrival, or a supervised antigen test no more than 2 days before arrival.

-Unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated passengers must take either a COVID-19 NAAT test taken no more than 4 days before arrival (strongly recommended), or a supervised antigen test no more than 2 days before arrival.

-Unvaccinated travellers with TAs approved before August 22 who are travelling after August 22 will not have to submit proof of travel health insurance, but they will be held to the new testing and quarantine requirements on arrival (no quarantine, no day 10 test, and no arrival test if they have a valid pre-travel test)

-Unvaccinated travellers with a TA submitted before August 22 but TA not yet approved will be held to the new requirements.

Here’s the link

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation?

Just now, Oville said:

That route is a gold mine for Celebrity, doubtful they will cancel.

How can they mandate passengers who have fully paid for their cruises now go out and purchase additional travel insurance or their trip is cancelled?

9 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

How can they mandate passengers who have fully paid for their cruises now go out and purchase additional travel insurance or their trip is cancelled?

The insurance change is they are allowing unvacinated passengers. Only unvacinated passengers have to purchase insurance. You are missing the problematic change which I hope is a typo.

Edited by Charles4515

Pain in the butt is right.

I find this statement, taken from OP, quite strange. Unless I'm reading something wrong, fully vaccinated passengers have to have a test no more than 2 days before arrival, but unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated must take a test no more than 4 days. So they get MORE time to take the test? In addition to that, our planner says we arrive in Bermuda on DAY 3. I'm confused, but maybe that's just me.

Fully vaccinated passengers must take either a COVID-19 NAAT test taken no more than 2 days before arrival, or a supervised antigen test no more than 2 days before arrival.

Unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated passengers must take either a COVID-19 NAAT test taken no more than 4 days before arrival (strongly recommended), or a supervised antigen test no more than 2 days before arrival.

7 minutes ago, oceancrusin said:

Pain in the butt is right.

I find this statement, taken from OP, quite strange. Unless I'm reading something wrong, fully vaccinated passengers have to have a test no more than 2 days before arrival, but unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated must take a test no more than 4 days. So they get MORE time to take the test? In addition to that, our planner says we arrive in Bermuda on DAY 3. I'm confused, but maybe that's just me.

Fully vaccinated passengers must take either a COVID-19 NAAT test taken no more than 2 days before arrival, or a supervised antigen test no more than 2 days before arrival.

Unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated passengers must take either a COVID-19 NAAT test taken no more than 4 days before arrival (strongly recommended), or a supervised antigen test no more than 2 days before arrival.

I believe that is a copy and paste error from air arrivals. In the article in Bernews below they say 2 day before departing port.

https://bernews.com/2022/08/unvaccinated-travelers-allowed-island/

Edited by Charles4515

13 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

True, the summer Bermuda sailings are lucrative but a stop at the end of a TA? Not so much IMO.

But do many TA cruisers sail unvaccinated?  Also I would think most have travel insurance but that is  an assumption on my part as we wouldn’t.

• Like 2

Just now, Oville said:

But do many TA cruisers sail unvaccinated?  Also I would think most have travel insurance but that is  an assumption on my part as we wouldn’t.

I admit to not reading the whole post since Bermuda is not in our travel plans anytime soon.  Just seemed like a lot to put out there with short notice. The Bermuda cruises should be winding down in the next 3 weeks or so.

6 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I admit to not reading the whole post since Bermuda is not in our travel plans anytime soon.  Just seemed like a lot to put out there with short notice. The Bermuda cruises should be winding down in the next 3 weeks or so.

Bermuda cruises wind down in November. That is about 14 weeks.

Edited by Charles4515

2 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Bermuda cruises wind down in November. That is 11 or 12 weeks.

Just curious Charles because I don’t know the answer, can you sail on Celebrity without being vaccinated if you are 12+?

9 minutes ago, Oville said:

Just curious Charles because I don’t know the answer, can you sail on Celebrity without being vaccinated if you are 12+?

As i understand it as of September 5 you can sail from the UK, Europe and Los Angelos without being vaccinated. 

Edited by Charles4515

Bermuda, Canada are still issues for cruising. I think Bermuda made a mistake on this update. We sailed in June, and needed to test 2 days before boarding. This update seems to say 2 days before arrival. Hopefully this will be updated soon!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, taxgal said:

Bermuda, Canada are still issues for cruising. I think Bermuda made a mistake on this update. We sailed in June, and needed to test 2 days before boarding. This update seems to say 2 days before arrival. Hopefully this will be updated soon!

I think that is a cut and paste error. 

Edited by Charles4515

The one bullet item in all of that that deals with fully vaccinated passengers hasn't changed their protocol at all.  The ship would still be required to test all fully vaccinated pax within 2 days of arrival.

But consider this...

Given that about 1/3 of those who test COVID positive are asymptomatic, and some number of clearly symptomatic individuals aren't presenting themselves to medical on these cruises (we hear it here all the time), you have to wonder if Celebrity really wants to see how many people they'd have to quarantine, feed and wellness check with a full-ship test.  It was different with delta.  Omicron is far more widespread amongst the population since it's much easier to pass around.  As some others have said, it's gotten to where the protocols are harder for many to deal with than the disease.

Edited by canderson
silly typoz
  • Like 3