Stylebook app

irvington

A legal pad and a pen are much easier and more efficient than trying to use an app.  I love clothes, I enjoy dressing on trips.  Decide on your colors ... black & beige for example.  Decide on one bright color ... maybe red or bright blue (so you don't get bored).  Everything you pack has to to pair up with everything else.  Keep a list and think it through ... don't toss in anything at the last minute.  Everything has to be hand-washable with no ironing.  You wash something by hand, roll it up in a towel, put the damp garment on a hanger and it will dry quickly.  Or you can send it out, or use the pax laundry on some ships.  I pack nothing but black pants and shoes.  I also pack scarves and jewelry.  I have several sheer, weightless toppers in pretty prints with great earrings for dinner; I can wear them buttoned over a camisole as a top, or open over a tank like a jacket.  I can do any cruise or a 3-week land trip under 24 pounds.  I never thought I'd learn to pack light, but the trip itself is so much more enjoyable with fewer things to pack that now I do it all the time.  My husband is shocked.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, irvington said:

Has anyone used it? I’m trying to pack less when I travel, whether work or fun. And it seems like it might be helpful. But there’s a lot of set up time needed. 

I get it; those visual displays are inspiring. I have made uncounted lists and spreadsheets on computer, more like jsn55 details, but I had the most fun with my first carry-on only transAtlantic -- see attached. I don't even remember what the (computer) app was -- it offered sample items or let you upload your own photos (my pages are some of each). 

I see that StyleBook is iOS only, but there is an Android app that Google suggests SmartCloset.

Packing.JPG

Getting there 2.jpg

• Like 2

I use StyleBook for all my clothes. I like to know how long it has been since I've worn an item, how many times, etc. It helps me decide if I need to keep things in my wardrobe.

I haven't specifically used it for a cruise yet, but I have one booked in a few months. I will be making outfits and trying it out fully then.

• Like 2

On 8/17/2022 at 10:09 PM, irvington said:

Has anyone used it? I’m trying to pack less when I travel, whether work or fun. And it seems like it might be helpful. But there’s a lot of set up time needed. 

Got SmartCloset from the PlayStore. It is just a big EMPTY gallery! Dozens of (very high priced) 'catalogs' to 'shop' from. Sorry but I do not pay $200 for a tee-shirt! 

Looks like there is BATCH function to upload a bunch of photos at once. Probably will never do my whole closet, but I can see using my free-standing "X" clothing rack to batch through my myriad tunics and leggings that are my stand-by outfits for both home and travel. Sometime when the light is right.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Got SmartCloset from the PlayStore. It is just a big EMPTY gallery! Dozens of (very high priced) 'catalogs' to 'shop' from. Sorry but I do not pay $200 for a tee-shirt! 

Looks like there is BATCH function to upload a bunch of photos at once. Probably will never do my whole closet, but I can see using my free-standing "X" clothing rack to batch through my myriad tunics and leggings that are my stand-by outfits for both home and travel. Sometime when the light is right.

Looks pretty similar to Stylebook without being linked to catalogs. I’m enjoying playing around with stylebook and at a minimum will be fun for some long plane flights coming up. The hassle is photographing existing clothes. 

• Like 1

I’m a new user to Stylebook. We’re doing a B2B Italy & Mediterranean cruise next May with time before & after in Rome and Venice. I am limiting myself to a carry-on plus a personal item (weekend bag), so I’m developing a capsule wardrobe. I like Stylebook a lot. I use the Shop feature to add sites where I do the most shopping and then upload things I’ve already bought from those sites. It allows me to set up looks/outfits using my core pieces so I can see how versatile they are and also use as reference later, when needing inspiration to mix & match. 

• Like 4

"A clothing rail" ... maybe this is why packing is so easy.  Years ago when I was traveling constantly, the guy who was remodeling my kitchen did me the biggest favor.  He suspended a 1" dowel about 4' long from the ceiling about 5' from the floor "over there" in the bedroom.   On it I can hang clothing that I think might be right for the next trip, so I can putter around grabbing accessories, etc.  Unless I'm going to be working in a hot climate, I usually take half the outfits ... a 15-day trip equals 7 outfits.   "Everything" coordinates with everything else.  Black, beige and one bright color (to alleviate boredom).  This hanging pole allows me to get organized over several days, then I make a list of specific activities and take away everything that I won't need.  I can disconnect the pole from the ceiling hooks if I want to get it out of the way.  Works like a charm. 

• Like 4