Cancelled Cruises

Mrs. Hogee

I have had 2 cruises cancelled for the California Coast.  I now have a choice of October 1 or 15 aboard the Discovery Princess.  I am a little nervous that these will be cancelled also so hesitant to make flight arrangements.  I need reassurance, I have tried to get it from Princess with no luck, any comments, reassurances, etc., would be appreciated by anyone more familiar with Princess than me.  I have cruised many times over the years, my first Princess experience, because of the itinerary, I am not impressed.

Discovery is a great ship.  The cruise director is awesome.    Was just on her 2 weeks ago in Alaska.       
can’t assure you about cancels.  But the ship is great.   

• Like 1

There are too many risks and uncertainties associated with cruising in the COVID era for anyone to meaningfully give you the reassurance you desire.  Anyone who tries to give you that reassurance is just telling you what you want to hear.  If Princess couldn't or wouldn't provide that reassurance, that's a sign that no one else can or should either.

If this uncertainty is too much for you, I would suggest getting a refund instead of rebooking and waiting to cruise until the operating environment for cruises is more certain.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

I would be tempted to use Princess EZ Air if you are at all concerned the cruise you are looking at might be cancelled.

Or airline miles if you have them, since most airlines stopped charging to redeposit  miles if you cancel an award reservation. 

That's what I did for my Australia cruise in October. Carnival's Australia restart had been pushed back so many times that I wasn't taking a chance on buying a non-refundable airline ticket. Refundable tickets to Australia are obscenely expensive, and Carnival's version of EZAir doesn't even sell flights from the US to Australia.

So I booked with miles so I could get them refunded if Carnival cancelled my sailing (again).

11 hours ago, Mrs. Hogee said:

I have had 2 cruises cancelled for the California Coast.  I now have a choice of October 1 or 15 aboard the Discovery Princess.  I am a little nervous that these will be cancelled also so hesitant to make flight arrangements.  I need reassurance, I have tried to get it from Princess with no luck, any comments, reassurances, etc., would be appreciated by anyone more familiar with Princess than me.  I have cruised many times over the years, my first Princess experience, because of the itinerary, I am not impressed.

Mrs. Hogee

Since you are coming to California from Ontario, I would suggest, if you can, plan to fly in two days early.  And use EZ Air if you can. That will give you some cushion if your flight gets changed or cancelled. We live in California and we use the 2 day plan our selves.

Also, we have been on the Discovery Princess.  Be prepared to be Wowed.

Bob