Divina 2 Day Stop @ Ocean Cay

Barcelona17

1 hour ago, Barcelona17 said:

When Divina stops at Ocean Cay over night are all of the extra food services in the Yacht Club suspended? I.E. does the sun deck serve food? Are their snacks in the lounge? And is the spa open?

Thanks

dcl

I can only speak to our 2 Divina (YC) cruises prior to COVID, but the YC lounge stuff was always functioning (even when we were in OC) including the snacks and evening entertainment.  One very nice thing about being in the YC is that everything functions in or out of ports.  Have no clue regarding the spa.

Hank

I will add an "editorial comment" to my previous post.  DW and I are seniors who have done much more than our share of traveling (all over the world) and been to the Caribbean more than 50 times (it could be 100) over the decades.  We know all the islands, have our favorite beaches, etc. etc.  This makes us very big fans of the Yacht Club because the services continue to operate during port days.  Unlike nearly every other cruise line, the YC restaurant continues to serve lunch on ports days, and it is also a good time to enjoy the ship's main Lido buffet which is not crowded when the ship is in port.

I mention all this because DW and I will often not bother to get off the ship when in Caribbean ports.  For us, it is a fabulous time to stay aboard (like a sea day), enjoy the lack of crowds,  free drinks, food, etc.  We have an upcoming 14 day Caribbean cruise and are thinking we may not get off the ship at any of the ports except Ocean Cay (we really enjoy this island).  In the past when we have gone to the YC restaurant for lunch on port days, there might be 4 others having lunch and we are outnumbered by the wait staff (service is amazing).  

Hank

• Like 2