Princess incredibly slow in refunding credit balance from Ship Account - over $200

JohnYorkshire

6 hours ago, Ombud said:

According to the thread many of us are getting it within the 4-6 week posted timeline. How long have you personally been waiting for your post cruise unused refundable OBC to be refunded? 

I'm happy for you.  I am not the OP.

1 hour ago, Kay S said:
8 hours ago, Ombud said:

According to the thread many of us are getting it within the 4-6 week posted timeline. How long have you personally been waiting for your post cruise unused refundable OBC to be refunded? 

Expand  

I'm happy for you.  I am not the OP.

I was responding to this post of yours indicating that you have cruised post pandemic and are still waiting for your Bottomline Technologies check:

21 hours ago, Kay S said:

Once Princess has your money, they will keep it for as long as they can. 

8 hours ago, Ombud said:

I am not Kay S but we waited for around 10 weeks earlier this year and around 9 weeks for the most recent cruise. Our traveling companions got their refund at about 11 weeks.

On 9/27/2022 at 3:59 PM, leck57 said:

Unfortunately I can beat that. I disembarked 21 May and still waiting. I sent them an online enquiry 6 weeks ago, received the standard email saying they had received my enquiry. Two weeks ago I engaged in an on line chat and the woman I was "chatting" with said she would refer my issue to the Customer Solutions team and mark my case as urgent.

I assume my next step is an email to that customer relations address I see on here.

Beyond words, and I have a cruise booked with Princess in 6 weeks. I will not say it will be my last but I do have a long memory when I get effed around. 

Finally today I received our cheque for the refund of OBC from the cruise we disembarked on 21 May. The cheque was dated 21 September so that's 4 months since we finished the cruise. In the last few weeks I sent an online enquiry and then used the online chat so without that I assume we would still be waiting. As mentioned in other threads, even though we used my credit with my name, the refund cheque was in the name of my partner who booked under a different surname. Why, they do this I don't know but we have joint named accounts so it doesn't matter.

Overall a completely unacceptable delay.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 2:41 PM, Kay S said:

Once Princess has your money, they will keep it for as long as they can.  

I refared my cruise yesterday and was in shock to see the refund already credited to my visa this evening!

Then I requested EZAIR be ticketed tonight, came out to a lower price that I did not see, so anticipating more $$ back tomorrow!!

October 2 - Onboard portfolio the night before the cruise ended showed a balance of $4.12 for a purchase in Calypso store.

October 3 - Emailed portfolio account statement showed a credit balance. Confused why I was showing a credit.  Did not scrutinize statement until I compared it to received check.

October 20 - Received a check for credit.  I may never know why there was “left over” credit to my account.  My TA said to just cash it.  

• Like 1