Booking a cruise!

Clampram

This should be fun, right?? It ain't so...

Over the last 10 days I have left 2 voice mails, 1 text, 1 email, and 1 FB message(I was desperate) to my PVP. As of now there has been no response. This person is active  on their Princess FB page so I know that this isn't a vacation issue.

We booked the cruise ourselves and on the final step the Princess page freezes up.......tried again and the same thing happened. The third try ended with a "we can't complete your booking" so I gave up. A little bit later the booked cruise showed up on my account and everything is correct. A minor miracle.......from now on I am my own PVP.

15 minutes ago, Clampram said:

This should be fun, right?? It ain't so...

Over the last 10 days I have left 2 voice mails, 1 text, 1 email, and 1 FB message(I was desperate) to my PVP. As of now there has been no response. This person is active  on their Princess FB page so I know that this isn't a vacation issue.

We booked the cruise ourselves and on the final step the Princess page freezes up.......tried again and the same thing happened. The third try ended with a "we can't complete your booking" so I gave up. A little bit later the booked cruise showed up on my account and everything is correct. A minor miracle.......from now on I am my own PVP.

Always better in my opinion being your own TA.  I book almost all my trips by my self.   Then I have no one lot blame but myself.  A being retired I have nothing but time to deal with any issues if need be.  
I have a very close friend that’s a TA and she books our big yearly cruise for me. But that’s about it.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Always better in my opinion being your own TA.  I book almost all my trips by my self.   Then I have no one lot blame but myself.  A being retired I have nothing but time to deal with any issues if need be.  
I have a very close friend that’s a TA and she books our big yearly cruise for me. But that’s about it.   

We made that decision based upon the number of comments about not being able to reach Princess on the phone. We thought that having someone accessible would help with that issue if we have a future problem/question.........live and learn!

• Like 1

I've had the same problem this week.  I left a message for my PVP last week, to which he responded he'd get back with me on Monday this week.  Yesterday (Wednesday) after not hearing anything back, I tried to call him again.  I got a message in someone else's voice saying it was my PVP's mailbox but he was 'out of the office'.  Maybe he is ill, I don't know. 

In the meantime I tried to book online myself, got all the way to the end to input payment, and got a message saying 'sorry, we can't complete your transaction at this time' or something like that.

I tried the PVP number again, got transferred to a customer service rep, and after sitting on hold for 43 minutes, finally got someone to help.  She was very nice and was able to complete my booking.  She said countless people have called in needing assistance with completing bookings online and they 'were working on it'.  

I really love Princess cruises, but they are making it darn hard for people to actually book them. 😞

35 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

I've had the same problem this week.  I left a message for my PVP last week, to which he responded he'd get back with me on Monday this week.  Yesterday (Wednesday) after not hearing anything back, I tried to call him again.  I got a message in someone else's voice saying it was my PVP's mailbox but he was 'out of the office'.  Maybe he is ill, I don't know. 

In the meantime I tried to book online myself, got all the way to the end to input payment, and got a message saying 'sorry, we can't complete your transaction at this time' or something like that.

I tried the PVP number again, got transferred to a customer service rep, and after sitting on hold for 43 minutes, finally got someone to help.  She was very nice and was able to complete my booking.  She said countless people have called in needing assistance with completing bookings online and they 'were working on it'.  

I really love Princess cruises, but they are making it darn hard for people to actually book them. 😞

Right............it should be an enjoyable experience...glad you got your cruise booked. It appears that there is little oversight of these vacation planners and some of them are duds

Another part of the problem is, Princess has been cancelling cruises which causes those people to jump on looking for a replacement.  Then add in some fair reductions that is attracting more customers and their quirky system is getting hammered. My PVP at Princess said she has a week backlog of phone calls from customers wanting help. 

Bob