Unlimited Specialty Dining - Royal Suite

quicklabs

20 hours ago, CruiseNYC said:

We were in a Royal Suite on the Summit in July.  It was the first request I made to our Retreat Host and a Lavazza machine, cups, sugar/sweetener and pods were provided shortly thereafter.  We also had additional Specialty Dining requests made once on board and there was never any problem.

Enjoy!

Thank you very much for your response. I love having the choice to make coffee whenever I want and not bother the butler or go in search of coffee.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dbny525 said:

Thank you very much for your response. I love having the choice to make coffee whenever I want and not bother the butler or go in search of coffee.

You should understand that the Lavazza system that they provide is geared to making very small cups of very strong coffee.  We're not talking Keurig here. Think Italian espresso.  Works for me, but not for everyone.

Similar to this

https://www.lavazzausa.com/en/coffee-machines/classy-mini

Edited by canderson
added link
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

You should understand that the Lavazza system that they provide is geared to making very small cups of very strong coffee.  We're not talking Keurig here. Think Italian espresso.  Works for me, but not for everyone.

Similar to this

Works for me as well. Thanks

We were on Edge in a RS last Super Bowl Sunday. Our PRH brought us food from two different specialty restaurants so we could sit back and enjoy our suite and watch the game. Other times we've watched on deck but it was cool and rainy that Sunday.  RS on a Move Up was quite the treat.

We did have wait staff tell us we had an upcharge in certain specialty dining or bars such as adding a lobster tail to a steak. When it was time to sign the check it was always "You're in a RS so you are all set". Eden bar was the only place that processed an upcharge.  $1.00 per drink!  Hoping for Move Up many more cruises!  Enjoy yours!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, flviking said:

We were on Edge in a RS last Super Bowl Sunday. Our PRH brought us food from two different specialty restaurants so we could sit back and enjoy our suite and watch the game. Other times we've watched on deck but it was cool and rainy that Sunday.  RS on a Move Up was quite the treat.

We did have wait staff tell us we had an upcharge in certain specialty dining or bars such as adding a lobster tail to a steak. When it was time to sign the check it was always "You're in a RS so you are all set". Eden bar was the only place that processed an upcharge.  $1.00 per drink!  Hoping for Move Up many more cruises!  Enjoy yours!

We were in penthouse on upsell July 2021 , we asked for some snacks to let some of our roll call see the penthouse, we told them we would be about 8 people they filled our very large dining table with snacks this was July 4th and they brought a huge birthday cake for my wife and entire concierge staff came in to sign happy birthday. Unrelated to the suite my wife won a thousand that night on video poker , it was a great way to celebrate a birthday. Ours was a move up also, most likely will bid on something in November for beyond cruise.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Similar to this

Is there any other way to drink coffee? 

On 8/18/2022 at 2:44 PM, canderson said:

I'm curious...

Did your SSC send menus for Le Petit, and if so, did they indicate which nights were using which of the Le Petit menus?  

He did send the menu for La Petite Chef but did not indicate which nights it would be available.  Both options look very good!

EQ La Petite Chef.pdf

36 minutes ago, Bizylizy1123 said:

He did send the menu for La Petite Chef but did not indicate which nights it would be available.  Both options look very good!

EQ La Petite Chef.pdf 733.59 kB · 2 downloads

Those are the primary and alternate menus for the same night.  Would need different ones when the menu switches mid-cruise. Looks like they only supply one of them.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/18/2022 at 2:21 PM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Unlimited specialty dining is included in the RS.

You will be contacted by the shore side concierge approximately 2 to 4 weeks before the cruise and he/she will make your reservations.

Talk to your Personal Retreat Host/Butler about dining in your suite being served from a specialty restaurant.

Yes, unlimited speciality dining is included in the RS.  I let my onshore concierge (when contacted about 10-14 days prior to sailing) what days and times we want to dine in  the alt restaurants.  We have not been disappointed.  Great suggestion regarding having your butler (yes we have apparently reverted to that term) arrange for you to to be served ensuite from the alt restaurant menu.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 8/18/2022 at 6:05 PM, sbcs5390 said:

I'm really hoping the machine will be possible for me on Solstice

Just wanted to follow up to see if you are successful in getting a coffee machine set up in your room on your cruise. We are on solstice  (RS) soon and I was hoping to make that request. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2023 at 10:04 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Just wanted to follow up to see if you are successful in getting a coffee machine set up in your room on your cruise. We are on solstice  (RS) soon and I was hoping to make that request. 

Yes but reportedly it was the last one on the ship! On other ships the machines are prevalent. Because I asked for it ahead, I got the spare. Other RS folks who asked on board did not get. PH had. It was great - a Lavazza pod system. Could do espresso or lungo. 

Photo of set up - copper mug and phone sanitizer is mine. 

530989B0-711B-4099-85EA-C6BFC427D4EC.jpeg

Edited by sbcs5390

2 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

Yes but reportedly it was the last one on the ship! On other ships the machines are prevalent. Because I asked for it ahead, I got the spare. Other RS folks who asked on board did not get. PH had. It was great - a Lavazza pod system. Could do espresso or lungo. 

Photo of set up - copper mug and phone sanitizer is mine. 

530989B0-711B-4099-85EA-C6BFC427D4EC.jpeg

Thank you for sharing!  I received my shoreside concierge e-mail today so I think I will put in my request early.  Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1