Unlimited Specialty Dining - Royal Suite

quicklabs

Our first time in a RS!  (Booked at 2019 prices! LOL).   When I try to do this online, it wants to charge me.   I thought that the RS included specialty dining, although when I talked to an advisor today, she said that only Luminae and Main Dining Room was included with the RS.  (I think she is mistaken).  She said that she could not make these reservations for me without us incurring a charge

So my questions:

Is Unlimited Dining indeed included in RS fares?

How do I make reservations for that (Murano, Tuscan Grill, etc).

When can I do that?

Can Room Service deliver specialty dining meals to the room?

Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

Unlimited specialty dining is included in the RS.

You will be contacted by the shore side concierge approximately 2 to 4 weeks before the cruise and he/she will make your reservations.

Talk to your Personal Retreat Host/Butler about dining in your suite being served from a specialty restaurant.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We are in our first RS next month and I've heard from the onshore concierge already.  He sent menus for the speciality restaurants and said he can make reservations for whatever date and time we would like.  He also sent lists of beers, wines and bottles of liquor you can choose from for the room.  Suite guests can also eat at Blu, the Aqua Class restaurant, but that has to be coordinated with the maitre d' at Luminae once onboard.  You can also tell them what you would like stocked in the mini fridge from a list of what's available.  

He also said he can reserve date and time for the Peloton bike in the gym, and you don't need clip on shoes to ride the ship bikes.

I am beyond excited for this cruise!

• Like 5

In addition to what was already posted regarding the shoreside concierge reserving your dinner times, make a copy of what you tell him/her/they and take with you to give to your PRH to make sure it's accurate.

Enjoy the journey--you will love the suite!  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bizylizy1123 said:

We are in our first RS next month and I've heard from the onshore concierge already.  He sent menus for the speciality restaurants and said he can make reservations for whatever date and time we would like. 

I'm curious...

Did your SSC send menus for Le Petit, and if so, did they indicate which nights were using which of the Le Petit menus?  

• Like 1

I have a question as well. We've  sailed with Celebrity before but first time in a Royal Suite. We will be on the Summit july 2023. Just curious if you can request a coffee maker in your suite. I am on several boards on FB and read somewhere that you can. I called Celebrity on another matter and asked and was told no by the agent. Just checking to see if anyone knows the answer and maybe the agent did not know if this was possible.

For those of you who are sailing before me have a fantastic cruise.

Thank you in advance I appreciate your responses,

Edited by dbny525

We were not allowed to have a coffee maker in our RS but that was pre-pandemic.  The PRH would drop off a large pot of coffee with all the accoutrements in the morning, or I would run up to the buffet to pick up a couple of cups for us to hold us over until he arrived. 

• Thanks 1

You can also wait until you get onboard to reserve your specialty dining. I’ve never had an issue with getting a booking when in a Royal or Penthouse suite even on day of, although sometimes you might need to be flexible with your preferred time by 15-30 min.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, dbny525 said:

I have a question as well. We've  sailed with Celebrity before but first time in a Royal Suite. We will be on the Summit july 2023. Just curious if you can request a coffee maker in your suite. I am on several boards on FB and read somewhere that you can. I called Celebrity on another matter and asked and was told no by the agent. Just checking to see if anyone knows the answer and maybe the agent did not know if this was possible.

I can tell you that on our last cruise in November, I requested a coffee maker for our RS from the shoreside concierge, and when I arrived in my cabin, a Lavazza machine, coffee cups and pods were sitting there on the counter near the 'living room' balcony door, waiting for me to fire up a cup.

What they're doing on Summit, I dunno.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, quicklabs said:

Thanks for all the helpful replies.  Is Raw on 5 (Sushi on 5) included in the Specialty Dining possibilities?  We are on Equinox. 

Sushi on 5 certainly is, and because specialty dining is 'unlimited', they ignore the $35 'limit' that normally applies to others.  You could always eat $35, turn right back around, and sit down again!  So they don't put you through the exercise, though it might actually be useful!  I ran through three of the sashimi entrees in a sitting for lunch one day and was in heaven.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for all the helpful replies.  Is Raw on 5 (Sushi on 5) included in the Specialty Dining possibilities?  We are on Eq

15 minutes ago, canderson said:

Sushi on 5 certainly is, and because specialty dining is 'unlimited', they ignore the $35 'limit' that normally applies to others.  You could always eat $35, turn right back around, and sit down again!  So they don't put you through the exercise, though it might actually be useful!  I ran through three of the sashimi entrees in a sitting for lunch one day and was in heaven.

A woman after my own heart!  Lol. 

The suite restaurant Luminae is excellent, I normally eat dinner there the first night , we also never had a problem with getting the specialty we wanted , I would look at Luminae menu for each night if I didn’t care for it we would book specialty, we did Edge last year in penthouse then summit in royal suite this February. You get a liquor setup also , 2 liters of your choice , plus they restock fridge with beer , soda and water daily. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, quicklabs said:

Thanks for all the helpful replies.  Is Raw on 5 (Sushi on 5) included in the Specialty Dining possibilities?  We are on Eq

A woman after my own heart!  Lol. 

Nope.  I refer to my OEM appendage as he/him/his 🤪 or whatever the order  supposed to be these days!

1 hour ago, dbny525 said:

For those of you who are sailing before me have a fantastic cruise.

Thank you in advance I appreciate your responses,

We were in a Royal Suite on the Summit in July.  It was the first request I made to our Retreat Host and a Lavazza machine, cups, sugar/sweetener and pods were provided shortly thereafter.  We also had additional Specialty Dining requests made once on board and there was never any problem.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, CruiseNYC said:

We were in a Royal Suite on the Summit in July.  It was the first request I made to our Retreat Host and a Lavazza machine, cups, sugar/sweetener and pods were provided shortly thereafter.  We also had additional Specialty Dining requests made once on board and there was never any problem.

Enjoy!

I'm really hoping the machine will be possible for me on Solstice! I work remotely and the ability yo make my own coffees would just be lovely. I am going to request from the Shoreside Concierge and if not successful try again with the PRH. (I am B2B in a corner Sky Suite then the RS, it would be amazing if they gave it to me "early" but I understand totally if it only appears for the second week)

• Like 1

I just wanted to reiterate that Luminae is quite good.  The menu changes each night, and it's open for lunch on sea days and embarkation day.  If you are on an M or S class ship, you also can order from the MDR and Blu menus if you like.

That said, do take advantage of the specialty dining.  I don't know what ship you are on, but Murano is particularly good.  They all have their good points, though.  Make whatever reservations sound good, as you can change or cancel them on board if you are so inclined.

When we're in a RS, we eat lunch at Sushi on 5 very often.  It's open for lunch every day, and that's mighty handy.  You might need to make a reservation for a sea day, but port days are usually fairly easy to just walk in.  Of course, there's no harm in making that reservation if you know when you want to be there.  You also can get it to go.

Have fun in that RS!  They are very nice!  Let them pamper you!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

I just wanted to reiterate that Luminae is quite good.  The menu changes each night, and it's open for lunch on sea days and embarkation day.  If you are on an M or S class ship, you also can order from the MDR and Blu menus if you like.

That said, do take advantage of the specialty dining.  I don't know what ship you are on, but Murano is particularly good.  They all have their good points, though.  Make whatever reservations sound good, as you can change or cancel them on board if you are so inclined.

When we're in a RS, we eat lunch at Sushi on 5 very often.  It's open for lunch every day, and that's mighty handy.  You might need to make a reservation for a sea day, but port days are usually fairly easy to just walk in.  Of course, there's no harm in making that reservation if you know when you want to be there.  You also can get it to go.

Have fun in that RS!  They are very nice!  Let them pamper you!

On port days when Luminae is closed Sushi at 5 is a great option was never crowded, loved the lobster dumplings.

• Like 1