Better Value?

CanmoreCruising

We have travelled almost exclusively with Azamara for several years now as we like small ships with amenities included. However, I am wondering if Regent might be a better value as they include shore excursions ( which we do enjoy!). Could those who have travelled both , provide feedback. Thanks in advance! 

4 hours ago, CanmoreCruising said:

We have travelled almost exclusively with Azamara for several years now as we like small ships with amenities included. However, I am wondering if Regent might be a better value as they include shore excursions ( which we do enjoy!). Could those who have travelled both , provide feedback. Thanks in advance! 

I suggest the best way is to complete a similar exercise to what I did after we stopped using Princess and looked for a new preferred cruise line.

Started with developing a Statement of Requirements (SoR) to list what you must receive and then also others that are preferences. Using web searches and this website, I determined how each cruise line met our SoR. This is a key step, as every cruise line provides something different, and the higher priced ones may include perks that are of no interest.

For our situation, I narrowed it down to Viking and Oceania, then thoroughly researched both, opting for Viking. BTW - Viking also includes a shore-ex in the price.

We did exactly the same .... we made a list of what we were looking for and then started the extensive research.
We narrowed it down to three companies, Regent, Seabourn and Silversea.
We ended up with Silversea but since then they have started including excursions - many of which were not suitable or held no interest, and obviously there is no recompense should you not take one! 
We are now trying out Seabourn.

FWIW we went to a presentation by Regent and they were wholly disingenuous and non-committal with their answers. Very off putting.