Saint Greg's New York City and Magic to Bermuda - Live - August 27-September 5 2022

Saint Greg

Oh a little test for Stewart. This won’t take but a couple of seconds to fix. But I need to find out if Stewart is going above and beyond…or if he’s a wolf in sheep’s clothing. As soon as he didn’t give me any push back on evening service and offered extras for the morning he shot to the top of the list for Saint Greg’s Stewart of the year. If this bed gets fixed tonight he’s unbeatable. If it doesn’t he’s just like the rest of those anti-eveningservicites. 

521DB1B0-AB9A-4638-822C-CCF4C4B82A80.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

22 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Oh a little test for Stewart. This won’t take but a couple of seconds to fix. But I need to find out if Stewart is going above and beyond…or if he’s a wolf in sheep’s clothing. As soon as he didn’t give me any push back on evening service and offered extras for the morning he shot to the top of the list for Saint Greg’s Stewart of the year. If this bed gets fixed tonight he’s unbeatable. If it doesn’t he’s just like the rest of those anti-eveningservicites. 

We, too, asked our steward on the Vista earlier this month for evening service, and he did the service mid-morning every day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, dmet0225 said:

We, too, asked our steward on the Vista earlier this month for evening service, and he did the service mid-morning every day.

The way you prevent that is keep the snoozin sign on the door until you’re ready. I slipped up today. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

A place at the table 

B786688C-E035-48C9-AC0A-2FD3E87C5502.jpeg

Nikola made that. So far I’ve been getting stuck with bar waiters not the real alchemists. I asked for sweet and this has that bitter Pink lemonade taste.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

BTW RIP to Scott Weiland who I saw perform with STP 2001ish. For those who saw my coverage of the BLS

concert last month Zakk Wylde wrote Suicide Messiah about him a decade before he died from an overdose.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

So the rent deal is like it is on Seinfeld where like it can’t go up….and if you get an apartment from an older person who has been there forever you can get cheap rent? That would help with things. Rent always seemed to be a big topic on that show. Using the subway and not having gas or a a car payment/insurance would help as well. 

Thanks. I’ll look into applejacks for next time. My suggestions all came from local bloggers. That wasn’t on my list. I hadn’t heard of it.  But  a place I didn’t make it to called Sarges was on it.  One of the local bloggers said he like it more than Katz’s.

I used to go to Sarges over 40 years ago....on 3rd and about 36th.  In pre-pandemic days it was overpriced.  I can only imagine the prices now

Applejacks is great food at great prices.  Another place, Westway (9th & 43) is even better.  It's a real theatre hangout .  Talking about Seinfeld...Westway is where Larry David and Jerry came up with the idea for the show.  The place you went to, Tom's, was just used as a background in "Seinfeld".

The rent has nothing to do with age.  If you're an old person that never moved you may have a cheap rent.  But once you move....all those great laws are over.  It's a free market now, which is why I may never move.

But yes, not having a car does save quite a bit of money.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

The rent has nothing to do with age.  If you're an old person that never moved you may have a cheap rent.  But once you move....all those great laws are over.  It's a free market now, which is why I may never move.

Yeah I didn’t mean age really. I meant if you’ve been there a long time. Usually that’s older people.

• Like 2