Saint Greg's New York City and Magic to Bermuda - Live - August 27-September 5 2022

Saint Greg

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2022 at 4:32 PM, Saint Greg said:

Wow! Crazy because I published Phantom of the Opera this morning. And I got this in email this afternoon.

Broadway's The Phantom of the OperaWill Close After 35 Years

After 35 years and countless records broken, Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera will end its run at Broadway's Majestic Theatre on February 18, 2023, a production spokesperson has confirmed.

https://www.theatermania.com/broadway/news/phantom-of-the-opera-closing-broadway_71132.html?utm_source=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=button

I also saw they are closing BeetleJuice in January. That reminds me of a story I didn't tell in my live. After Phantom of the Opera I was in the elevator going up to the rooftop bar. I had my cup and playbill with me. There was a couple in the elevator. The girl says "we also went to beetlejuice. wasn't it great?" I said "what?" she points at my cup. "You went to bettlejuice, right?" I just kind of turned my nose up. "Nooo. I went to phantom of the opera."

• Haha 3

On 8/30/2022 at 12:34 PM, luvcruzing said:

So, what did you think of it? Was it worth it?

I'm just going through working on my blog and I came across this question that I don't think I saw or answered live. It was about Summit One Vanderbilt. 

The views from Summit are very similar to Top of the Rock. So if you're looking at doing a couple of observatories I would only do one of those two. Summit is better if you're looking to do a lot of selfies. You get a lot of unique pictures with the mirrored room and the glass room above the mirrored room and the room with the mirrored balls and the area where you can step out onto the glass floor. Then the outside deck. Then the glass elevator on the side of the building for the $20 upcharge. 

• Like 2

On 8/30/2022 at 10:14 PM, Saint Greg said:

AA27EFB9-FC69-4565-90C2-41114CBB6DC1.jpeg

The more I look at this ad I have to wonder....What is the helmet for? I don't see anything it can protect you from other than the ground if you fall and land on your head. And I don't think it would provide much protection if that happens....

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

The more I look at this ad I have to wonder....What is the helmet for? I don't see anything it can protect you from other than the ground if you fall and land on your head. And I don't think it would provide much protection if that happens....

I suppose you could jump up with elation after the climb and knock yourself out on the beams.

Or in case a pigeon decides to christen you.

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

I suppose you could jump up with elation after the climb and knock yourself out on the beams.

Or in case a pigeon decides to christen you.

There isn't enough money in the world to make me want to do that! :classic_huh:

• Like 4

On 9/20/2022 at 12:58 PM, Saint Greg said:

This morning I got the dreaded flight change email for my Celebration cruise. Having me get into Miami at 2pm instead of 11am. And changing my debarkation day flight from 11:30 to 7am. That's a no go right there. I think I'm going to be able to work it out by flying in and out of Fort Lauderdale. Those flights are $200-300 cheaper as well. I'll probably blow some if not all of that on transportation and a Sunday sports bar since I'd have to get an evening flight out of Fort Lauderdale on that Sunday.

I'm flying into Fort Lauderdale and staying on the beach the night before our Celebration sailing. Luckily for me, the Saints play on MNF football during the cruise, so I know I'll be able to watch the game easy peasy.

Waiting to book my flight back to see when they announce kick for the Falcons game. Right now, all my cheapest options are in the evening, so it might all work out in my favor anyway.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, keels81 said:

I'm flying into Fort Lauderdale and staying on the beach the night before our Celebration sailing. Luckily for me, the Saints play on MNF football during the cruise, so I know I'll be able to watch the game easy peasy.

Waiting to book my flight back to see when they announce kick for the Falcons game. Right now, all my cheapest options are in the evening, so it might all work out in my favor anyway.

Are you doing a b2b? There’s a bye week between the MNF game and the Falcons game. 

There is a post on the CC Carnival site talking about almost unbelievable pax behaviour on the Carnival ships and the $500 fines.

I know there are many ships going daily with thousands of passengers so the % of people affected by this is probably small. That being said, have you experienced any of these talked about  behaviors on recent cruises? 

2 hours ago, eltigre said:

There is a post on the CC Carnival site talking about almost unbelievable pax behaviour on the Carnival ships and the $500 fines.

I know there are many ships going daily with thousands of passengers so the % of people affected by this is probably small. That being said, have you experienced any of these talked about  behaviors on recent cruises? 

Nope. Nothing out of the ordinary. If I did see something like that I would definitely report it here. In my 19 cruises I have only seen one fight on a Carnival ship. That was in 2018 on either the Breeze or Dream. It was in the night club around 2am. Two couples started fighting. It was quickly broken up by security.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Bostwick girl said:

@Saint Greg or anyone else, was on Magic a couple times in 2021 during restart, and on her again January 15, 2922. I have completely forgotten if there are USB ports on the lamps or anywhere else in the cabin?

Thanks for your help!

It is possible that they are replacing the lamps with USB lamps as they go out but I didn’t have any USB ports this time or in 2019.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2022 at 7:01 PM, Bostwick girl said:

@Saint Greg or anyone else, was on Magic a couple times in 2021 during restart, and on her again January 15, 2922. I have completely forgotten if there are USB ports on the lamps or anywhere else in the cabin?

Thanks for your help!

I didn't have any in my room back in April. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, detroitavant said:

We were excited for your review since we were doing the same ship and port but we just got a notice tonight that the Magic will be replaced with the Costa Venezia.  Guess we'll see how this goes instead!

I heard that. You may want to check out my Panorama threads linked on the first page. It’s the newest vista class ship which is the same as Venezia and it is the only ship

with a Hero’s bar which they say is going to be on Venezia.

A2F38DA6-51A8-4760-8B72-92E55A32BEFA.jpeg