Packing for 15 days

ivyleaguegent

11 minutes ago, SLSD said:

And does it matter?    I think two SB cruisers  are trying to figure out how to meet before the cruise--not that easy when cruise critic does not allow private messages.  I say we allow them a  few posts to figure out how to do it.  They would do the same for the rest of us.  

Roll calls?

18 hours ago, SLSD said:

And does it matter?    I think two SB cruisers  are trying to figure out how to meet before the cruise--not that easy when cruise critic does not allow private messages.  I say we allow them a  few posts to figure out how to do it.  They would do the same for the rest of us.  

Sorry if we annoyed a few of you in trying to make arrangements to meet up with another cruiser.  We have plans to meet up today at 11am in front of the Ritz Carlton.  Anyone else in Montreal for the cruise?  Come and meet us!

Jodi & Frank

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JodiandFrank said:

Sorry if we annoyed a few of you in trying to make arrangements to meet up with another cruiser.  We have plans to meet up today at 11am in front of the Ritz Carlton.  Anyone else in Montreal for the cruise?  Come and meet us!

Jodi & Frank

Not annoying at all.  This is a message board and you are free to use it for what you need.  I'm not in favor of telling people what they can post here.  I hope you have a wonderful meet up and a great cruise!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JodiandFrank said:

Jodi & Frank

My apologies Jodi and Frank. As SLSD pointed out there is no facility for private mail on this forum and certainly no restriction on what can be posted in any topic. Only roll calls are provided to allow cruisers to make contact before they meet up before or on a cruise. It's a deficiency perhaps the site managers should address. I consider my wrist duly slapped! I also hope you enjoy your cruise and, in particular Montreal, one of my top favourite cities in North America.

I would still be interested in more postings about packing for a 15 day cruise. We are off on a 17 day cruise in the next weeks and the responses are very helpful.  We have used the laundry bag approach in the past without incident but I wondered if staffing changes during COVID had seen a negative trend with the results. Our only real change is that I will not be packing or wearing a jacket. We are headed to a warm location and I tend to feel the heat rather than the cold so eating outdoors in simply a shirt will be fine for me.  I may pack a V-neck cashmere sweater just in case. Needless to say we won't be in the MDR on formal nights. One thought I did have is that we may be visiting some religious sites where modest dress is required. My usual daytime shorts may not be approved so I will have to pack casual long pants. One thought we have always had is to pack the bare essentials for the trip in our carry-ons in case the checked bags go astray (which seems to be more common these days). I think that, overall, flexibility is the key.

We just got off the venture and had no problems with the self service laundry. never waited for a machine. Try first thing in the morning, or just getting back from an excursion, go eat breakfast or take a shower, stick in dryer etc. Was not inconvenient at all.