Chat feature on RC App

BLAMBKY

The last time the app worked spotty but that was before Covid 2019. How is the app working now, specifically the chat feature.  I heard the muster drill was being handled through the app, is this still the case? 

3 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

We will be paying the $1.99 extra per day, per person for the chat feature. How does that work? How do you receive the notification when someone sends you a message?

It's my understanding that there is no notification, thus making you check your phone a lot. Everyone on your chat list needs to sign up and pay for the service.

• Thanks 1

We found it to be a waste of money.  Our cruise on Harmony with the kids: I couldn't "reach" our

oldest son.  I did go to guest services twice...they couldn't figure  out the issue.  

Also, as stated above, you must be "on" the chat to see if you have a message...just

not worth the hassle to us.

• Thanks 1

Used the chat feature on the app for our last odyssey cruise.  we bought it mostly to keep in touch since she'll sleep in a bit more than me and I usually go and sit somewhere while she gets ready i nthe evening.  Not a big deal to not have the chat feature but it was a brand new ship and a class we had never been on. Waste of money. Since it doesn't niotify you of a new message, you have to be constantly checking the app.  We missed connections several times and generally found it poor to wrk with.  Eventually found myself sitting with the app open on the table next to me and refreshing every few minutes to make sure I didn't miss a message.