Radiance Class Suites and Drinks questions

Looking for some recent information.  I have seen mixed information in postings I searched.  As a D+ I have drinks coupons loaded to my seapass and will be taking my first Grand Suite on a radiance class ship.  

Someone posted suites guests get 3 drinks coupons loaded to their pass daily.  Is this so?  Is that on top of my D+? Or does being D+ eliminate any coupons for being a suite guest?

Someone else posted that if you are in the concierge lounge the staff do not deduct your coupons for drinks.  Again, is this so? Perhaps a ship specific thing?

Lastly, did folks experience any suites specific events on that size ship? Like a drinks event or a sail away?

Thanks in advance for your help.

4 minutes ago, ccotting said:

Someone posted suites guests get 3 drinks coupons loaded to their pass daily.  Is this so?

Not true

Someone else posted that if you are in the concierge lounge the staff do not deduct your coupons for drinks.

Correct. The suite happy hour is open bar.

Lastly, did folks experience any suites specific events on that size ship? Like a drinks event or a sail away?

The have not restarted the suite recognition events

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

I know this is an older post but I have almost the same question and wondering about any recent updates.

We are Diamond (will turn D+ on this sailing) and got a Royal UP from a JS to a Grand Suite so now have access to the Suite Lounge.  We are sailing on the Radiance on 2/27.  Is the happy hour in the Suite Lounge any different than the one in the Diamond Lounge on the Radiance?  

I was in the Suite Lounge on the Allure last September, and the food for HH was identical to that offered in the DL.  I think you should remind the bar waiter that during HH your coupons should not be used.  A few times of reminding them, and they will remember your preference.

48 minutes ago, pcur said:

I think you should remind the bar waiter that during HH your coupons should not be used.  A few times of reminding them, and they will remember your preference.

They ask to see your card in the suite lounge during HH?

• Like 1

We were just recently on Serenade in an OS and are D+. SL offered comp drinks/snacks during Happy Hours 5-8pm. They didn't ask for our SeaPass card in there. We used our 5 drink pre-loaded vouchers any time in other venues.

No difference in the lounge hours SL vs CL/DL on Radiance class but you will have to use a voucher in the CL/DL if you opt to go into that lounge, and we see no reason to do that.

Vouchers are only given to C&A members based on your level. Booking a suite has nothing to do with those.....as you know.

23 minutes ago, mafig said:

Some ships might but the last five ships we've sailed on recently didn't ask to see them when ordering in the SL.

14 hours ago, mafig said:

No, you volunteer your card so they have your information, and make the request.  I am Pinnacle not sailing in a suite, so I had to show it anyway when I ordered.  If it's a ship that doesn't allow Pinnacle in the Suite Lounge, then it's a moot point.

Edited by pcur

17 hours ago, CruiseMomTX said:

I know this is an older post but I have almost the same question and wondering about any recent updates.

We are Diamond (will turn D+ on this sailing) and got a Royal UP from a JS to a Grand Suite so now have access to the Suite Lounge.  We are sailing on the Radiance on 2/27.  Is the happy hour in the Suite Lounge any different than the one in the Diamond Lounge on the Radiance?  

We are diamond just recently got off Navigator having sailed in a suite.  Nav and Serenade will have the same protocols.  HH hour (5pm to 8pm) in the suite lounge offer an open bar.  No vouchers were used.  I never went to diamond lounge at all but know there are no drinks served during HH.

On 2/23/2023 at 6:11 PM, mafig said:

Only the first couple of nights till they remember you have a silver card instead of gold (ie Pinnacle) who get charged to their coupons.  As Diamond + you are not even allowed in the suite lounge.

40 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

Only the first couple of nights till they remember you have a silver card instead of gold (ie Pinnacle) who get charged to their coupons.  As Diamond + you are not even allowed in the suite lounge.

So what is a silver card?  We are Diamond (turn D+ on this cruise & know that won't be recognized until our next) but are in a Grand Suite so what color card will we have?  Once on the Allure we got a Royal Up to a 2 Bedroom Grand Suite and had a dark purple card I think. 

So on less than Oasis and Quantum class ships, those without suite class.  The GS and above have a silver card (old junior suite card - junior suites get same color as everyone else) to distinguish them from Pinnacles who now only get a Gold card.  On Oasis and Quantum class ships the GS and above have a more not as distinct purplish card.