Day passes anywhere?

Cruisingx2

First visit for us, cruising on the Carnival Vista in October.  Are there any resorts that are open now and offer a day pass for cruisers?

If not, anyone cruised lately and found a good beach with chair/umbrella rentals; food; clean restrooms?  

25 minutes ago, Cruisingx2 said:

First visit for us, cruising on the Carnival Vista in October.  Are there any resorts that are open now and offer a day pass for cruisers?

If not, anyone cruised lately and found a good beach with chair/umbrella rentals; food; clean restrooms?  

Edit: actually going first week in September.

While you can try calling your favourite chain’s location there, few of the Cayman hotels have ever offered day passes, and that doesn’t seem to have changed post-reopening.

Royal Palms, Tiki Beach and Calico Jack’s have all closed permanently.

Public Beach is one of the further sections of SMB from the cruise port, but it’s one of the only sections left that has free facilities and chair rentals accessible by cruise ship visitors.  There are lots of nice sections of SMB to throw a towel down on if you don’t need restrooms and such, I like Governors Beach.  

If you want a beach club with a bar/restaurant and such, Coral Beach is the only one on SMB at the moment.  

https://www.explorecayman.com/things-to-do/beaches

https://coralbeach.ky

Any of these places can be gotten to by taxi or bus, just tell the driver what you want - be specific about Public Beach the place, not *a* public beach to get the right one.

https://goo.gl/maps/7QTZJZYochFAbi9R7

• 2 weeks later...

I reached out to Kimpton Seafire Resort and Spa asking if they offered Day Passes. They responded promptly, but said they do not.  I haven't found any other resorts offering Day Passes for our October cruise.  

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Bookbabe!  I just made a reservation for our January Edge cruise at Coral Beach.  There are 5 major cruise ship in port that day, so beach space is going to be at a premium.  I appreciate your taking the time to let us know what is available.  We have spent many weeks on Grand Cayman and have been to Hell and String Ray City.  We were looking for a beach/beach lounger and an umbrella to park ourselves under while we enjoy a good book!  

• Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 4:21 PM, Cruisingx2 said:

The only one we found was the Holiday Inn.  We passed on this because their beach is not good.  The $60.00 cost reflects the beach conditions.  We opted to go to Coral Beach instead as it is on SMB.

George Town, Grand Cayman (resortforaday.com)