P&O VeriFLY

I thought that, after mastering the Princess Medallion app, VeriFLY wouldn't present any problems. WRONG. A few hints -

When up-loading the vaccination certificate the first option is one with a QR code. It wouldn't accept ours. I finally got an answer from the VeriFLY help section. It said

VeriFLY currently supports scanning QR codes for the following types/sources of digital vaccination certificates:

• EU DCC

• UK NHS

• US State of California

• US State of Louisiana

• US State of New York

• CVS Pharmacy

• Walmart

• Sam’s Club

Yes - As if someone going on P&O Australia is going to have one of those certificates!!!

We were told we have to go into the Manual option. I entered everything (several times) because if I paused for more than a couple of minutes, all the info disappeared. Then we had to up-load a copy. It wouldn't accept it until I decided to try photographing only the first page of our two page certificates. (Having had two boosters, our certificates now go onto a second page). I think the one-page has been accepted.

My husband's certificate was accepted and approved, but I haven't heard about mine yet.

This system isn't good.

Edited by Aus Traveller

Hi Evon

Now you have me confused, when I loaded info into VeriFLY it took me to a page labelled My Trip,

With mine and Hil's names booking number and sail date.

Only options for both of us was a right arrow labelled Manage check List.

When I pressed that it takes me to a page, titled John's checklist.

It has two options

1 Upload proof of COVID-19 Vaccination status. Submit 30 days prior to cruise.

2 Complete the pre-cruise Health Declaration. Must be completed within 72 hours of departure.

If I tap either of those it tells me its not time to complete yet.

Not sure how you got into manual mode?

So confused how you got to where you are with the app.......🤷‍♂️

28 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Maybe it's because I haven't loaded Hil's photo yet,

possibly it wont let me go further until then.

You are probably trying to fill out details for the 5th November cruise. It is too soon.

I was going OK - even took photos and up-loaded them, but then the problems started. The P&O call centre's advice was to go to the terminal early to do a manual check-in. I told the operator that I didn't want to do that. She then suggested I email the VeriFLY help line. They responded virtually immediately but some of their suggestions of what to do weren't valid. When the vacc cert wouldn't load, I tried by photographing just the first page and it worked.

Edited by Aus Traveller

23 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Hi Evon

Now you have me confused, when I loaded info into VeriFLY it took me to a page labelled My Trip,

With mine and Hil's names booking number and sail date.

Only options for both of us was a right arrow labelled Manage check List.

When I pressed that it takes me to a page, titled John's checklist.

It has two options

1 Upload proof of COVID-19 Vaccination status. Submit 30 days prior to cruise.

2 Complete the pre-cruise Health Declaration. Must be completed within 72 hours of departure.

If I tap either of those it tells me its not time to complete yet.

Not sure how you got into manual mode?

So confused how you got to where you are with the app.......🤷‍♂️

I was filling in details for our cruise on Saturday, not the November cruise we are on with you and Hilary. Yes - I haven't hurried to do this 😁 I've been busy planning and organising shore excursions for the WC next year. After the difficulties with Princess' Medallion I wasn't looking forward to P&O's version. Also be aware that the dates are all expressed in the American style - month, day, year.

In the Manage check list, proof of vacc status there are two options. As the message to you said, it has to be within 30 days of the cruise. The options are to up-load an international cert that has a QR code and the one under that says 'Manual'. I went for the international QR code one although we don't need an international cert for Saturday's Q'ld cruise. My theory was that it would be up-loaded and ready for our November cruise to Vila. That's when the trouble started.

The instruction was to just up-load the QR code - tried that three or four times, failing every time. Yes, I know, the definition of madness is to repeat the same action expecting a different result. We then photographed the two pages of our vacc cert. No go. Then I got onto the help centre and received the email that listed the sources of vacc cert they would accept. I sent a couple of strongly worded emails about how ridiculous this is. The help centre told me that if I didn't have a cert from one of those places, I would have to do the manual entry. I did, but if I paused for a couple of minutes to organise taking a photo, the info disappeared. Grrrr..... I then photographed just the first page of the certificate and, Hey, presto, they were both accepted. Emails came within 15-20 minutes advising that they had been validated.

The next step is to fill out the health declaration within 72 hours of the cruise and do the RAT dance within 24 hours.

• Like 1

We have been very slack in putting photos into the app, either we hadn't made ourselves beautiful, or had but forgot to take the photo. 😬

But decided to get on with it, when I seen your message, to see what happens.

But as I still had not made myself beautiful, decided to cheat a little, so I printed a full size A4 passport photo, stuck it to the wall, and photo'd that to get the app started.😞

Then only got to where I indicated above.

Should I hang my head in shame.😳

5 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I didn't QR scan mine. The certificate is stored as a pdf on you phone. I found the folder on my phone and uploaded the pdf file.

Now there's a good idea.

Apple phone? If yes you cant tell me where you found it, but if your a Samsung user, where was it?😁

Edited by Ozwoody

15 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

We have been very slack in putting photos into the app, either we hadn't made ourselves beautiful, or had but forgot to take the photo. 😬

But decided to get on with it, when I seen your message, to see what happens.

But as I still had not made myself beautiful, decided to cheat a little, so I printed a full size A4 passport photo, stuck it to the wall, and photo'd that to get the app started.😞

Then only got to where I indicated above.

Should I hang my head in shame.😳

Ha! I also didn't want to take a selfie because I hadn't made myself beautiful - well as much as is possible these days. I got around it a different way. On my computer screen I opened the photo that I used for an ID on our Princess cruise in July, then I photographed the screen. The pic is fairly low resolution, but the system accepted it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Now there's a good idea.

Apple phone? If yes you cant tell me where you found it, but if your a Samsung user, where was it?😁

Samsung - was either in documents or downloads folder. The international one had Medicare in the file name.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Ha! I also didn't want to take a selfie because I hadn't made myself beautiful - well as much as is possible these days. I got around it a different way. On my computer screen I opened the photo that I used for an ID on our Princess cruise in July, then I photographed the screen. The pic is fairly low resolution, but the system accepted it.

oh its so good to know I'm not the only sneaky one with these things.

By the way there was a little side story to making me beautiful for a photo.

Last week me and a tree branch had an augment over territory, he won, leaving me with a large bump and a small gash on my forehead, decided it wasn't the look I wanted recorded...🤣

3 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

oh its so good to know I'm not the only sneaky one with these things.

By the way there was a little side story to making me beautiful for a photo.

Last week me and a tree branch had an augment over territory, he won, leaving me with a large bump and a small gash on my forehead, decided it wasn't the look I wanted recorded...🤣

Sorry to hear of your altercation with a tree. The last time Peter had a fight with a tree, the tree also won. It was fairly rotten so it collapsed when he touched it, gouging into his leg and took quite a while to heal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

My next question was going to be about Verify.  It sounds a bit tricky. I was hoping I could just show my certificate at the port or do I have to fill in the details on the app. We cruise in October on Encounter. 

If you don't want to, you don't have to use the VeriFLY app. When I phoned P&O for help up-loading the vaccination certificate,  the operator said we could do a 'manual check-in' at the terminal and suggested that we should turn up earlier. Maybe I'm stubborn, but I wanted to get the VeriFLY to work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Samsung - was either in documents or downloads folder. The international one had Medicare in the file name.

Eureka I found them, thanks Geoff, great tip to get them to hand for uploads, simplifies thing immensely.

regards

John

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

If you don't want to, you don't have to use the VeriFLY app. When I phoned P&O for help up-loading the vaccination certificate,  the operator said we could do a 'manual check-in' at the terminal and suggested that we should turn up earlier. Maybe I'm stubborn, but I wanted to get the VeriFLY to work.

Thank you 🙂

I really just didn't want another app as it's only a 3 day cruise. I'm hoping by the time we do a longer cruise on P&O the whole covid certificate thing will be over...wishful thinking I know🤞

13 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

Thank you 🙂

I really just didn't want another app as it's only a 3 day cruise. I'm hoping by the time we do a longer cruise on P&O the whole covid certificate thing will be over...wishful thinking I know🤞

I suspect the cruiselines will keep their VeriFLY or Medallion app. It speeds up check-in therefore saves staff time.

57 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I suspect the cruiselines will keep their VeriFLY or Medallion app. It speeds up check-in therefore saves staff time.

I liked using the Medallion app on Princess, usually because it was bringing a drink or snack😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

For P&O, it doesn't speed-up check-in, as your data is not shared with the terminal. This is also the case for vaxx/attest on medallion, but at least every other part is quicker with Princess.

For medallion, we only needed to show passports, our vaxx certificate (phone or printed), attest that our health information had not changed and we had taken a covid test with negative results - then to the medallion desk. I asked the check-in person about the certificate, and while Princess know you are a valid passenger, it still needs to be sighted in the terminal.

P&O, as of 31st May, was a normal check-in, but with the certificate and attest added as well. Through the 3rd party, Verifly just ticks a Vaxx certificate box for P&O to confirm you are entitled to cruise. Attesting through the app is clunky, but can also be done on Cruise Control when it is due. Having verifly done is similar to green lane - it gets you into the terminal without needing to prove vaxx status at the door.

As for the QR code, it is an issue. Uploading the pdf file of the certificate that lives in your phone is one option, or a screen shot of your certificate is also an option. Either way, P&O can screen to confirm you are one of the 95% that are entitled to travel, and it helps to set the bar for the 5% medical exempted. You will show the verifly boarding pass or your vaxx certificate to get into the terminal.

Medallion app lives on, as it does much of check-in. When Australia drops the vaccination requirement for cruising, Verifly will no longer be relevant.

9 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

As I mentioned before, I agree, medallion lives on.

Currently, if everything is pre-done on the app:

Show the green line boarding pass at the door

At the desk, photo ID, vaxx certificate, covid attest, collect medallion, head for boarding area.

So, when covid moves on, check-in is just photo ID and collect medallion. Potentially, they could mail medallions in the future as they do overseas and check-in will be lightning quick - tap medallion and show photo ID.

10 hours ago, arxcards said:

For P&O, it doesn't speed-up check-in, as your data is not shared with the terminal. This is also the case for vaxx/attest on medallion, but at least every other part is quicker with Princess.

For medallion, we only needed to show passports, our vaxx certificate (phone or printed), attest that our health information had not changed and we had taken a covid test with negative results - then to the medallion desk. I asked the check-in person about the certificate, and while Princess know you are a valid passenger, it still needs to be sighted in the terminal.

P&O, as of 31st May, was a normal check-in, but with the certificate and attest added as well. Through the 3rd party, Verifly just ticks a Vaxx certificate box for P&O to confirm you are entitled to cruise. Attesting through the app is clunky, but can also be done on Cruise Control when it is due. Having verifly done is similar to green lane - it gets you into the terminal without needing to prove vaxx status at the door.

As for the QR code, it is an issue. Uploading the pdf file of the certificate that lives in your phone is one option, or a screen shot of your certificate is also an option. Either way, P&O can screen to confirm you are one of the 95% that are entitled to travel, and it helps to set the bar for the 5% medical exempted. You will show the verifly boarding pass or your vaxx certificate to get into the terminal.

Medallion app lives on, as it does much of check-in. When Australia drops the vaccination requirement for cruising, Verifly will no longer be relevant.

I am sure you know what you are talking about but we have proved that Kylie still works at the P&O call centre! Yesterday she told me, if I didn't complete the info on the VeriFLY app, I could still do 'manual check-in' but I would have to get to the terminal much earlier. Ha! 

We had already printed out the international vaccination certs, but our problems started when we tried to photograph them. The only way to get the system to accept them was to go on the 'manual' section of VeriFLY, then photograph only the first page of our two-page certificates. The second page only shows the second booster so it doesn't really matter.

Having in mind that you cruised with P&O since they restarted and know how the system works, if I find the next step on VeriFLY (health status followed by attesting to a RAT test) is a problem, I won't bother. No - maybe I'm stubborn. I will try to get it right.

(To save confusion for anyone wondering who Kylie is - Years ago with P&O CC members kept getting different info from the P&O call centre. One silly story came from Kylie. Thereafter, it became a running joke for years. If something didn't sound right, it had to be from Kylie.)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am sure you know what you are talking about but we have proved that Kylie still works at the P&O call centre! Yesterday she told me, if I didn't complete the info on the VeriFLY app, I could still do 'manual check-in' but I would have to get to the terminal much earlier. Ha! 

We had already printed out the international vaccination certs, but our problems started when we tried to photograph them. The only way to get the system to accept them was to go on the 'manual' section of VeriFLY, then photograph only the first page of our two-page certificates. The second page only shows the second booster so it doesn't really matter.

Having in mind that you cruised with P&O since they restarted and know how the system works, if I find the next step on VeriFLY (health status followed by attesting to a RAT test) is a problem, I won't bother. No - maybe I'm stubborn. I will try to get it right.

(To save confusion for anyone wondering who Kylie is - Years ago with P&O CC members kept getting different info from the P&O call centre. One silly story came from Kylie. Thereafter, it became a running joke for years. If something didn't sound right, it had to be from Kylie.)

When you printed out your vaxx certs, was it from the file or from screen shots? If you can find that pdf file on your phone and upload it, it works.

On the day before boarding VeriFLY wouldn't work for us, but it was also available to do on Cruise Control. Once done there, VeriFLY showed it as complete and displayed boarding passes. All fine, but having to show your certificate again at check-in, and having to attest again, I felt it was a total waste of time. I am sure it lives in the system for P&O to prove to authorities they are doing the right thing, but offered no benefits to passengers on boarding day.

Just now, arxcards said:

When you printed out your vaxx certs, was it from the file or from screen shots? If you can find that pdf file on your phone and upload it, it works.

On the day before boarding VeriFLY wouldn't work for us, but it was also available to do on Cruise Control. Once done there, VeriFLY showed it as complete and displayed boarding passes. All fine, but having to show your certificate again at check-in, and having to attest again, I felt it was a total waste of time. I am sure it lives in the system for P&O to prove to authorities they are doing the right thing, but offered no benefits to passengers on boarding day.

We don't have the pdf of the vacc certs on the phone. We downloaded them on our desk-top computers and printed them. We use our phone simply as a phone but are now having to put apps on it!

I will follow your suggestion and go into the Cruise Control again on Friday and see if I can add the health status etc. I find working with the computer easier than entering info on the phone where if I stop to take a breath, it all disappears. Yesterday I entered the same vaccination info on four shots three times for both of us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We don't have the pdf of the vacc certs on the phone. We downloaded them on our desk-top computers and printed them. We use our phone simply as a phone but are now having to put apps on it!

I will follow your suggestion and go into the Cruise Control again on Friday and see if I can add the health status etc. I find working with the computer easier than entering info on the phone where if I stop to take a breath, it all disappears. Yesterday I entered the same vaccination info on four shots three times for both of us.

Can you send the file from your PC to your phone?

8 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Can you send the file from your PC to your phone?

We don't go on the internet on our phone or send emails. We just use it as a phone when we are away from our home. Would it be any advantage to having the vacc cert on the phone? We will take the paper copies of the vacc cert (as we did for our Princess cruise).

Edited by Aus Traveller