P&O VeriFLY

26 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We don't go on the internet on our phone or send emails. We just use it as a phone when we are away from our home. Would it be any advantage to having the vacc cert on the phone? We will take the paper copies of the vacc cert (as we did for our Princess cruise).

That works. It is just easier to satisfy VeriFLY, but also not essential. 

BTW, I uploaded the picture of the rat holding the GO sign sign for both our covid test pictures. They were accepted, and didn't rate a mention in the terminal. The photo upload was just to tick a box, not to satisfy any requirements. We still had to attest to terminal staff anyway, so it wouldn't have made any difference if we didn't upload a picture at all.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

We don't have the pdf of the vacc certs on the phone. We downloaded them on our desk-top computers and printed them. We use our phone simply as a phone but are now having to put apps on it!

I will follow your suggestion and go into the Cruise Control again on Friday and see if I can add the health status etc. I find working with the computer easier than entering info on the phone where if I stop to take a breath, it all disappears. Yesterday I entered the same vaccination info on four shots three times for both of us.

I'm with you, our phone is mostly used as a phone! Can you imagine that! using a phone as a phone!😳

But slowly bit by bit the monkeys in charge are forcing us to be entrapped into the world of thumb twiddling tech dependent slaves.🤬

Now that I have got that of my chest.😇

I have down loaded the vacc certs onto both my laptop and the phone using the Medicare app. and trying to master both requirements for compliance so there are no hang up with embarkation. So thanks guys for all the work and knowledge your passing on.

Regards

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

I'm with you, our phone is mostly used as a phone! Can you imagine that! using a phone as a phone!😳

But slowly bit by bit the monkeys in charge are forcing us to be entrapped into the world of thumb twiddling tech dependent slaves.🤬

Now that I have got that of my chest.😇

I have down loaded the vacc certs onto both my laptop and the phone using the Medicare app. and trying to master both requirements for compliance so there are no hang up with embarkation. So thanks guys for all the work and knowledge your passing on.

Regards

Ha! You are benefiting from my frustrating time with the VeriFLY. We had a simple phone (I callled it a semi-smart phone) but we had to upgrade it early in 2020 because couldn't use it to register with QR codes. We didn't want any apps at all, but now we have the Medallion and VeriFLY. 

I have hearing aids and had decided not to add an app to my phone so I could change the programme as well as volume. I have decided to give it a go.

Edited by Aus Traveller

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Ha! You are benefiting from my frustrating time with the VeriFLY. We had a simple phone (I callled it a semi-smart phone) but we had to upgrade it early in 2020 because couldn't use it to register with QR codes. We didn't want any apps at all, but now we have the Medallion and VeriFLY. 

I have hearing aids and had decided not to add an app to my phone so I could change the programme as well as volume. I have decided to give it a go.

Yep, Hil has linked her aids to the phone, I refuse to buckle, and leave mine manual and press little buttons to adjust them.

I continue to be a relic, proudly so.

I wonder what will happen to the world, when that huge sun flare that scientists predict will destroy all mobile phone systems, happens.

Threequarters of the developed world, will stop in their tracts, and stare blankly at their hands.🤣

A large percentage of businesses will go broke, as they lose contact with their customers.

How's that for a conspiracy theory.😉

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Yep, Hil has linked her aids to the phone, I refuse to buckle, and leave mine manual and press little buttons to adjust them.

I continue to be a relic, proudly so.

I wonder what will happen to the world, when that huge sun flare that scientists predict will destroy all mobile phone systems, happens.

Threequarters of the developed world, will stop in their tracts, and stare blankly at their hands.🤣

A large percentage of businesses will go broke, as they lose contact with their customers.

How's that for a conspiracy theory.😉

That would be horrific!

Medallion wouldn't work very well. 😊

• Like 1

Having just returned from a P&O Cruise, I can say that having Verifly definitely sped up our embarkation. Once we showed it we were diverted to a line about a tenth of the length of the line for people doing manual check in and were processed within about 5 minutes. We had to wait for the suite guests and b2b guests and were then on, the whole process took less than 20 minutes.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LincolnLegend said:

Having just returned from a P&O Cruise, I can say that having Verifly definitely sped up our embarkation. Once we showed it we were diverted to a line about a tenth of the length of the line for people doing manual check in and were processed within about 5 minutes. We had to wait for the suite guests and b2b guests and were then on, the whole process took less than 20 minutes.

That's good to know. I will persevere with it for the final stages.

• Like 3

Um I've just discovered besides VeryFLY, P&O have their own P&O Cruise app.

It seems to replicate the internet site.

Are we supposed to load and use that as well?

It says login on board and the internet is free to use it on board.

To do What!😳

Yes, Verifly is purely about covid protocols, and its function ends at check-in.

The app isn't as functional  as medallion, but it is handy to see menus & activities, or to book the restaurants for dinner. Also to check on your folio without going to the kiosk or pursers desk. If you are buying an internet package, it makes it easy to manage, but otherwise it is as easy to do things the old way.

13 minutes ago, LincolnLegend said:

We found the app quite handy. It runs off the free wifi on board and has a messaging function. It also has the Goodtimes on it along with menus for the restaurants (paper copies of everything are still supplied).

Thanks for that.

I've loaded it, but I could no get any menus except wine menu for Waterfront.

All else was same as the web site, just general promotional gook.

I assume the messaging is to other cruisers travelling with you.

Also assume Goodtimes is like the Princess Platter?

Had hoped it would give a drinks menu for mocktails, but couldn't find anything.

In addition to that, kept getting either "Who threw the pineapple into the pool"????

Or "you have found a secret page"???? both lead to dead ends, and there were lots of them.

If nothing else, it keeps your brain occupied,  and stops it stagnating I suppose.🤣

• Haha 2

Hello, wanted to report that I just successfully registered with VeriFly with the QR code from our international digital vaccination certificates.  I just took a screen shot and uploaded that, and it's recognised me as fully vaxxed.

Perhaps the issues above were experienced using the domestic certificate?  (If on your phone, domestic certificate is green, international is blue. )

International certificates can be produced from the Medicare app or on myGov website.

36 minutes ago, clairebearinaus said:

Hello, wanted to report that I just successfully registered with VeriFly with the QR code from our international digital vaccination certificates.  I just took a screen shot and uploaded that, and it's recognised me as fully vaxxed.

Perhaps the issues above were experienced using the domestic certificate?  (If on your phone, domestic certificate is green, international is blue. )

International certificates can be produced from the Medicare app or on myGov website.

Congrats.

No, there have been problems uploading the international one too. It is scanning the QR code to create the upload that has the most problems. The QR code is supposed to be a quick way to access the PDF file on your phone for upload.

In Australia, uploading a screen shot ticks a box, as they still want to view the certificate, either phone or paper, in the terminal at check-in.

46 minutes ago, clairebearinaus said:

No. (As I said) I wasn't using the domestic certificate. I was using the international ones with the QR code. That's when the VeriFLY help desk told me which QR codes are recognised - some from USA and from Europe.

14 minutes ago, clairebearinaus said:

OK, I'm sorry to hear some of you are still having issues and it wasn't my intention to cause offence, rather to share the process I followed which was quick and successful.   Hopefully it will be helpful to someone out there.

No offense taken, We had to pioneer this stuff for the return to cruising at the end of May, and like the similar process for Princess, the apps have been rather hit & miss. Verifly was a breeze for me, but my wife's was an outright pain. Throw in different levels of tech geekiness, android or apple, age of phone etc, and there have been rolling discussions about the pitfalls of Verifly & Medallion for a few months now. There has been plenty of great advice and many, including myself, have muddled through. There are also plenty that don't own a smart phone, and they are able to board almost as easily with paper copies of their vaxx certificate.

Thanks for adding to it. Until today, I hadn't noticed they were a different colour.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, clairebearinaus said:

OK, I'm sorry to hear some of you are still having issues and it wasn't my intention to cause offence, rather to share the process I followed which was quick and successful.   Hopefully it will be helpful to someone out there.

All good. I haven't taken offence. It was frustrating that the VeriFLY wouldn't recognise our international certificates. OK. After the Help Centre told me it wouldn't recognise the Australian government's international ones, I then entered everything manually, followed by a photograph (or should I say scan when it is done with the phone). Tomorrow we will do the RAT tests, then finalise the health section. I hope it goes easier than the certificate bit.

I will take the paper copies of everything as we did with our Princess cruise.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 2:44 PM, Aus Traveller said:

All good. I haven't taken offence. It was frustrating that the VeriFLY wouldn't recognise our international certificates. OK. After the Help Centre told me it wouldn't recognise the Australian government's international ones, I then entered everything manually, followed by a photograph (or should I say scan when it is done with the phone). Tomorrow we will do the RAT tests, then finalise the health section. I hope it goes easier than the certificate bit.

I will take the paper copies of everything as we did with our Princess cruise.

OK, how did it go for you.

How wonderful was your "encounter"?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, arxcards said:

OK, how did it go for you.

How wonderful was your "encounter"?

Would have not 'Come Back New' or even 'Escape Completely.'  Only Princess cruisers get that experience.😁

And on HAL it is 'Savour the Journey.' Oh in American speak..'Savor the Journey, 😁

Edited by NSWP

20 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Would have not 'Come Back New' or even 'Escape Completely.'  Only Princess cruisers get that experience.😁

And on HAL it is 'Savour the Journey.' Oh in American speak..'Savor the Journey, 😁

That doesn't matter though, and it doesn't matter where a P&O ship goes now, because "We are the Destination"

• Haha 2