Drink Package Question

TeanneTX

We're doing a Celebrity cruise on the Silhouette in July '23.  Our TA got the 3 perks of "free wifi, gratuities, and drink package".  Its the 'Classic Package".  I've seen the list of whats included in the packages.  My problem is that we don't drink soda, or specialty coffee or teas.  Neither one of us are drinkers either.  I saw that they allow up to $9 for a cocktail.  So can you actually get a daquirie or a margarita on the ship for $9.  I really wish I could've gotten a dining package rather than the drink package.  Has anyone ever asked their TA to switch to a dining package rather than the drink package.  TIA

Teanne

Yes you can get a margarita, daquarie, pina coloada, martini, and a lot of drinks for $9.

The  beverage package, Wi-fi, and gratuities are a pricing option offered by Celebrity.  So you  paid Celebrity for those perks.  Unless you are booked in a Suite or Aqua class there is a Cruise Only rate which is less expensive and doesn’t not include the drinks or wi-fi and you would pay the daily gratuties instead of having it packaged with your fare.

As to trading the beverage package for specialty dining,  Celebrity doesn’t switch the the beverage package for dining, excursions or other items.

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

Yes you can get a margarita, daquarie, pina coloada, martini, and a lot of drinks for $9.

The  beverage package, Wi-fi, and gratuities are a pricing option offered by Celebrity.  So you  paid Celebrity for those perks.  Unless you are booked in a Suite or Aqua class there is a Cruise Only rate which is less expensive and doesn’t not include the drinks or wi-fi and you would pay the daily gratuties instead of having it packaged with your fare.

As to trading the beverage package for specialty dining,  Celebrity doesn’t switch the the beverage package for dining, excursions or other items.

Thanks for the info.  Thats very helpful.  So I see your a fellow Texan.  I live near Lampasas.  I've been through Gatesville many times.

YourTA has nothing  do with the 3 perks you are getting.   It is a promo from Celebrity.   If your TA is telling you that they were giving you that they are misleading you and taking credit for something included in the price you are paying.    In certain categories there is a cheaper rate that doesn’t include those perks.  

I think your TA included those perks to increase their commission.  Look up the booking on Celebrity’s website doing a mock booking and see if there is a basic fare with no perks.   Then call the TA and have your fare adjusted with no perks 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miched said:

YourTA has nothing  do with the 3 perks you are getting.   It is a promo from Celebrity.   If your TA is telling you that they were giving you that they are misleading you and taking credit for something included in the price you are paying.    In certain categories there is a cheaper rate that doesn’t include those perks.  

I think your TA included those perks to increase their commission.  Look up the booking on Celebrity’s website doing a mock booking and see if there is a basic fare with no perks.   Then call the TA and have your fare adjusted with no perks 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Maybe and maybe not.  TAs often have access to group fares that are a bit both lower priced, include various perks and are usually refundable until final payment. Group fares with perks in the past have been somewhat lower in price than individual fares with no perks.  One needs to ask questions.

• Like 1