Anybody been at the Ocean Oasis Beach Club in Bonaire recently?

dlh015

20 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

You might have better luck asking this question in the Bonaire Port of Call thread.

Thanks, but it looks pretty dead over there...and I mean reaaaally dead. 

Edited by dlh015

All of the port of call boards are dead!  We are doing Grand Cayman and the ABC islands and it has been tough finding out info for anything that still exists post-Covid.  There are some recent Google reviews for the beach club.  That will probably get you more feedback.  Or trip advisor.

We are doing Bonaire Cruisers so we can explore on our own. 

Check out Gone Caribe tours if you are going to Curacao.  They have been super to deal with so far. We are doing a private tour with them.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, chimchimtx said:

All of the port of call boards are dead!  We are doing Grand Cayman and the ABC islands and it has been tough finding out info for anything that still exists post-Covid.  There are some recent Google reviews for the beach club.  That will probably get you more feedback.  Or trip advisor.

We are doing Bonaire Cruisers so we can explore on our own. 

Check out Gone Caribe tours if you are going to Curacao.  They have been super to deal with so far. We are doing a private tour with them.

Thank you for the suggestions! Yes, I always have a look at trip advisors but I always like to ask here at CC...there is such a wealth of experience here...

• Like 1

Try to find some photos..esp how you would access the water. Some of the beach clubs did not have much of a teal beach and awkward  water access..But no idea which ones.  Bonaire as we recall is not a big sandy beach stop...other ABC Islands are more " beachy"

Thanks!

As I said, Trip Adv is a go to spot for me also.

I have indeed found lots of pics of the area. As you mention, sandy beaches aren't many in Bonaire.

I did look at the website you had posted and it looked like a nice place for hanging out and enjoying the sun. I have also found pics of what looks to be low tide and some sandy beach. Otherwise looks like they have stones placed appropriately (lol) along the high water mark.

Again, thanks so much for your observations...I look forward to Bonaire (and Aruba & Curacao of course!)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2022 at 11:26 PM, scanditaly said:

Thanks for the inspiration CC folks.  I just booked for mid november on the Enchanted Princess, coming from Brooklyn.  I'll post when we get back.

Scanditaly

Please do.  I reserved this for my excursion on my cruise in April.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 9/13/2022 at 2:51 PM, moposh said:

Please do.  I reserved this for my excursion on my cruise in April.

I too will be stopping here on my cruise in April.  I tried to make a reservation and was told it's first come first serve.  Is your excursion through the cruise ship or on your own.  Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2023 at 7:18 AM, Quik2flip said:

I too will be stopping here on my cruise in April.  I tried to make a reservation and was told it's first come first serve.  Is your excursion through the cruise ship or on your own.  Thanks in advance!

It's through Royal Caribbean.

• 1 month later...

Just returned from cruise to ABC island.  Excursion we did through celebrity included island tour and stay at Ocean Oasis.  

there is a small lagoon which is sandy that you can play in the water.  Otherwise the only other water entry for snorkeling was over some rocks so needed water shoes.  

resort is nice.  Lots of loungers and palapa’s.  Food and drinks are good and plenty of staff for serving.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was at Oasis in April.  It was nice.  The water was a little cool, but my daughter enjoyed it.  She found some snails and hermit crabs.  Make sure you wear sunscreen.  The loungers are nice.  I recommend water shoes as beach is rocky.  I went in the little lagoon.  Was going to go in the area where snorkelers go, but it was very rocky and I didn't want to fall.

You can order food and drinks.

On 2/28/2023 at 11:35 AM, Welly9 said:

is there swimming at the Ocean Oasis?? access to the water? 

Yes, there is swimming available and water access.  If you want to snorkel, you can rent equipment.  

I didn't think the swimming was great.  When water is warmer, it would probably be better.  Take water shoes.