Drink package- is it worth having?

Ehg

14 hours ago, SteveH2508 said:

My take FWIW

If you drink lots of beer, basic wine (by the small glass) or single shot spirits and a cheap mixer then you might come out in front on the package (with a bit of effort). If you like cocktails then forget it.

If you want to enjoy your holiday, enjoy your bevvy of choice, then the drinks package is probably not a good choice.

So if I take the DP I won’t enjoy my holiday?,,,,,my drinks of choice are Guinness,John Smiths and Jameson’s,I can drink enough of those on the DP and have a very enjoyable holiday thank you.

No effort needed.

But then I am not one to go to bed after dinner,but will end up in the pub enjoying the craic with others who find it no effort to drink the £39.95 of alcohol whilst enjoying themselves,,,,better still with my loyalty discount.

8 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

So if I take the DP I won’t enjoy my holiday?,,,,,my drinks of choice are Guinness,John Smiths and Jameson’s,I can drink enough of those on the DP and have a very enjoyable holiday thank you.

No effort needed.

But then I am not one to go to bed after dinner,but will end up in the pub enjoying the craic with others who find it no effort to drink the £39.95 of alcohol whilst enjoying themselves,,,,better still with my loyalty discount.

I could happily use the drinks package for my Tanglefoot/London Pride etc..

My DW drinks cocktails - however the choice is so limited that she would not be happy. It follows therefore that I would not be happy either😟.

Edited by SteveH2508

1 hour ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Mmmm!
Half a dozen drinks a day?

So if you drink White wine….

2 watching the football

1 pre-dinner.

1 during dinner

2 after dinner .

Throw in a cup of coffee and you are over the £39.95

Not much is it.

Ooops,I forgot the G&T in the cabin.

During sea days it is pretty easy to hit double figures, especially with the minute glasses of wine, on port days not so much. 

We usually go for a drinks package if available.

Marrella are included, Fred Olsen yes, Celebrity was included.

Never been available on P and O but at £40 per day each we would still go for it.

Our usually intake on cruises is one at lunch, couple round the pool on return from day out. One before dinner. Couple with dinner. 3 thro the night.

so 9 drinks at £6.50 easy beats then£40.. 

Now we don’t drink in our cabin as lots of people do. 

8 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Correct.

Thanks wowzz

Im on Britannia in 3 weeks,,,I drink a lot of beer whiskey and coffee.

I think I will book the package,Costa coffee alone could cost me £10 a day.

So now it’s 5 Guinness and a couple of whiskey and I’m quids in.👍

Edited by JeanieC,Aston

2 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

As I read it the 15 drinks limit is alcoholic drinks,it doesn’t include soft drinks,water or coffee.

Am i right?

soft drinks equals three fountain drinks: pepsi, pepsi max, R.White lemonade. Nothing else, so no e.g. ginger ale or milkshakes.

coffee is regular size.

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

That's a blast from the past ! 

But why drink a sweet sickly orange drink with a meal in the MDR ?

Fanta is mainly sugar free since the sugar tax landed with us and is very much on sale still all over Europe and the USA. Anyway that side, maybe the person involved actually likes that type of drink or it was for a child or non drinker. I have a friend who takes full sugar coca cola to bed with her in the same way I take a glass of water.

9 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Fanta is mainly sugar free since the sugar tax landed with us and is very much on sale still all over Europe and the USA. Anyway that side, maybe the person involved actually likes that type of drink or it was for a child or non drinker. I have a friend who takes full sugar coca cola to bed with her in the same way I take a glass of water.

We have the odd diet Fanta and more than the odd diet coke. The P&O refreshment package seems a bit restrictive, so we won't bother. The RC one last week included most mocktails and Johnny Rockets shakes. About the same price. We are on Britannia in a couple of weeks. The drinks package is over£1,100 for the 2 of us. We have never spent anything like that .

7 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We have the odd diet Fanta and more than the odd diet coke. The P&O refreshment package seems a bit restrictive, so we won't bother. The RC one last week included most mocktails and Johnny Rockets shakes. About the same price. We are on Britannia in a couple of weeks. The drinks package is over£1,100 for the 2 of us. We have never spent anything like that .

Unless you drink quite a lot be it alcohol or speciality coffees the drinks package on P&O is really expensive in my opinion.  I really miss the cards for soft drinks and tea/coffee as I thought they were a reasonable price and very handy.

Did you have the RC one included or just looked at it? I haven't travelled with them for a while as I usually use them out of FLL and because of the pandemic haven't so far been stateside since 2019.  I have been looking at them for March/April next year and have been comparing with Celebrity for a transatlantic. The alcohol side apart from the odd g&t or cocktail really hangs on my ritual of a bottle of beer with my lunch - gasps of horror from some are now heard.  I do however spend a lot on iced coffees which Celebrity offered in their package and to which many were adding shots of things.

We also couldn't spend £1,100 on drinks.  When I travel alone I doubt I even hit £110 let alone five times that.

How did you find Anthem compared to Silhouette as a matter of interest?

14 minutes ago, zap99 said:

If you don't mind shopping on Amazon you can ger 2640 cans of Fanta for the same cost....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Unless you drink quite a lot be it alcohol or speciality coffees the drinks package on P&O is really expensive in my opinion.  I really miss the cards for soft drinks and tea/coffee as I thought they were a reasonable price and very handy.

Did you have the RC one included or just looked at it? I haven't travelled with them for a while as I usually use them out of FLL and because of the pandemic haven't so far been stateside since 2019.  I have been looking at them for March/April next year and have been comparing with Celebrity for a transatlantic. The alcohol side apart from the odd g&t or cocktail really hangs on my ritual of a bottle of beer with my lunch - gasps of horror from some are now heard.  I do however spend a lot on iced coffees which Celebrity offered in their package and to which many were adding shots of things.

We also couldn't spend £1,100 on drinks.  When I travel alone I doubt I even hit £110 let alone five times that.

How did you find Anthem compared to Silhouette as a matter of interest?

We purchased the Refreshment package on Anthem, about £22 pppd. It included just about all soft drinks, coffee, shakes, mocktails and water. We didn't drink anymore than we would normally and spent about £150 on booze. I think we ended up more than breaking even, but no faff. We had the classic drinks package on Silhouette.  That was about £35pppd but included tips and naff WiFi, so good value. Anthem and Silhouette were both good, Silhouette a bit more relaxed, but both good. We have never had a cruise that we didn't enjoy. Britannia in a couple of weeks so can compare a little more authoratively after that. I'm sure Britannia will be good as well.

12 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We purchased the Refreshment package on Anthem, about £22 pppd. It included just about all soft drinks, coffee, shakes, mocktails and water. We didn't drink anymore than we would normally and spent about £150 on booze. I think we ended up more than breaking even, but no faff. We had the classic drinks package on Silhouette.  That was about £35pppd but included tips and naff WiFi, so good value. Anthem and Silhouette were both good, Silhouette a bit more relaxed, but both good. We have never had a cruise that we didn't enjoy. Britannia in a couple of weeks so can compare a little more authoratively after that. I'm sure Britannia will be good as well.

Great. Thanks for the info.  I'm looking at Anthem t/a 1 May to Southampton so good to know. Would prefer from FLL though so thought Celebrity might be worth a look.

No problem with Britannia t/a but I want to visit the States to see a friend in Palm Beach.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 12:50 PM, mercury7289 said:

Ehg Hi

Trust all is well. with both of you

My answer is two fold

1/ Why limit yourselves?🤣

2/ Spontaneity

Hi Ivor! I was just thinking about you as I was reading the latest responses and hoping you are both well! 
It’s not looking promising for the drinks package I don’t think! 
How lovely to hear from you. Sending lots of love to you both. 😘😘

• Like 1