Time To Return To Ship?

Wombservice

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, because I haven't specifically done Bermuda, but I have done overnights in Bahamas and usually Carnival doesn't require you to be back on ship until your "back on board time prior to departure."  Which means you can stay out all night and into the morning if you want as long as you are back on board 1/2 hr before they sail.  Your cruise manager will show your cruise departure time in each port and you need to be back on the ship 1/2 hour before that.

• Like 1

Just now, Wombservice said:

Thank you, Wemjam, hopefully this applies to Bermuda also (we just want to stay out ‘till around 9:30pm…….didn’t want to be locked out!)

Ya don't think that is an issue at all.  We have been in some port late on days too and people party way past that for sure before they come back on.

Like I said, I am pretty sure you can stay out as long as you want as long as you are back on board 1/2 hour before sailing.  I don't think Carnival will care if you are on board or not (because they are at the dock either way) - until it is time to sail.  But someone can correct me if wrong.

Carnival has been tendering, not docking. They also use lifeboats to tender. The tenders do not run all night. In July, the back on board time was listed as 8pm. However they let us stay out and the back on board time was extended until 11pm. Then the second day, I believe it was 11am to be back on board with a 7am arrival time. However, nobody got to the island until after 8:30am because they were late getting the tenders started. 

1 minute ago, Wombservice said:

Tendering in Bermuda routinely?  I had heard they had to tender once when there were 3 ships there, but I assumed they would go back to docking when there was just one or two……..

It all depends on the port schedule and which ships are in port. Apparently NCL and Royal have priority when coming in, so if they are there while Carnival is, then Carnival automatically gets bumped. The voyage before ours, the one we were on, and the one after ours were all tendering. 

1 hour ago, teknoge3k said:

It all depends on the port schedule and which ships are in port. Apparently NCL and Royal have priority when coming in, so if they are there while Carnival is, then Carnival automatically gets bumped. The voyage before ours, the one we were on, and the one after ours were all tendering. 

Yikes, this does not sound good!!!  We’ve been jumping through hoops to get to Bermuda, this is adding insult to injury!!! 😬

4 minutes ago, Wombservice said:

Yikes, this does not sound good!!!  We’ve been jumping through hoops to get to Bermuda, this is adding insult to injury!!! 😬

I know if you google it there are websites that will show you what ships will be in what ports on certain days.

Maybe you can find out your chances of docking/tendering by seeing how many might be there.

I have looked this up before when going into certain ports trying to figure out what game plan we might have for excursions or even getting off the ship or staying on.  Nassau can get especially busy and sometimes we don't even bother to get off the ship.

1 hour ago, teknoge3k said:

According to this schedule, it looks like the Magic is the only ship scheduled on Wednesday/Thursday, September 7/8…….hope that’s truly the case!!!

AC283167-6B51-418C-9723-43115839F935.jpeg.aa7f8e5ee70600fe59bc95f41e01c908.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Wombservice said:

According to this schedule, it looks like the Magic is the only ship scheduled on Wednesday/Thursday, September 7/8…….hope that’s truly the case!!!

AC283167-6B51-418C-9723-43115839F935.jpeg.aa7f8e5ee70600fe59bc95f41e01c908.jpeg

If that's the case, then you should be fine and will dock. 🙂

Assuming you dock, then yes the gangway will be open 24 / 7.  The only issue you will have is that everything closes early in Bermuda.  The Frog & Onion stays open a little later at the dockyard and some in Hamilton.  Nightlife is not something Bermuda is known for and shopping will be non-existent.  You are basically limited to a restaurant, mini-golf at the dockyard (which is awesome by the way) or a late excursion.

• Like 1