Need help with classic drink package

Cruisin 4 Ever

Hopping on here, although my questions are a bit different. Just don't want to make a whole new thread when y'all seem to know the answer to my questions.

I haven't cruised with X in almost twenty years.... been mostly on Royal Caribbean in the past decade, and as a result am matched as Elite on X.  

I have the included Classic drink package and Basic wifi on my upcoming X cruise. 

Question 1:
If I call in, can I get my Classic drink package switched over to the PREMIUM NON-ALCOHOLIC package for no charge?  I'm not a booze drinker, but do enjoy the occasional soda or virgin daiquiri.

Question 2: 
I'm likely going to need to upgrade to the Premium wifi in order to remain in contact with my elderly parents (Mom will use either FB Messenger or voice calls to contact me).  I know that as Elite I get "some" free minutes... do I get a discount of any kind for upgrading from Basic to Premium wifi?

I appreciate any assistance you can offer! 

On 8/31/2022 at 9:41 PM, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

I'm so confused now. Can someone who has cruise with Celebrity recently tell me if the teas and coffees from the coffee bar, coffees like Machiatos are included in the Classic package?

Not 'recently' since pre-covid days but with only the Classic package yes they are 100% included.  ... lattes, cappacino, americano, etc.  Enjoy

On 9/4/2022 at 7:20 PM, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

The confusion is celebrity called me this week to ask if I wanted to upgrade to the premium package. I drink cocktails and like grey goose etc so it makes sense for me. My husband only drinks beer. So I tried to confirm his coffees would be included. She said specialty coffees are included as long as they're under 7.50 and none of their fancy lattes etc are.less than 7.50.  So I wanted to see if someone has recently sailed with the classic package and ordered a latte or machiato. No booze just a fancier coffee and was it included.

Thanks for your information

Aside from her reference of any 7.50 limit (I call BS on that), where are you seeing that the specialty coffees listed as over 7.50?

22 hours ago, Casualcruisers said:

My wife and I just got off the Silhouette a couple days ago - we had the classic drink package included in the all included program.  
contrary to everything we can find posted, they let us have any during upto $11 (not the $9 that’s advertised everywhere)

it was enough to include Irish coffee (but not Baileys)

We just finished this same cruise and we found two spots (bars) we liked hanging out in aboard the Silhouette. Initially, the bartenders verified our drink package (Classic) and charged a nominal amount if we strayed above it (usually $1 per drink).

After tipping early and often, as well as "connecting" with a few of them personally (we always prefer sitting at the bar itself and chatting with the bartenders), they not only stopped charging every (included) $0 drink to our onboard account, but also gave us whatever we wanted without the upgrade charge, including Baileys (which my wife enjoys sometimes). Several of the bartenders quickly remembered our room number and didn't need to see our card anymore (long before I finally remembered it 🤣)

Not sure if this is typical, but I suspect the men and women working like crazy aboard these ships appreciate being treated like human beings vs. some of the ways I saw other passengers treat them. And, of course, selectively tipping always helps!

cjr

• Like 1