Princess cruises, Camp Discovery

• Aus Traveller changed the title to Princess cruises, Camp Discovery
48 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The times for the 3rd Sept cruise are showing on the app calendar:

Morning 9am - 10:30am

Afternoon 3:30pm -5pm

I think it's sea days only, I didn't check right through the calendar as it's a pain!

Those times are pretty poor! I wonder if the hours are so short because they are just getting started after the shut-down.

I looked at the Princess website earlier and couldn't find times, but now I see some details as follows: 

Hours of Operation: Sea days 9:00am to 12:00 pm | 1:00pm - 5:00pm | 6:00pm - 10:00pm. Port Days 8:00am - 5:00pm | 6:00pm - 10:00pm.

13 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It could be that, or perhaps because there aren't many kids booked on that cruise, or possibly something Covid-related. I was a bit surprised at the short hours though.

We are looking at booking a cruise with our daughter and her family (three young girls). There aren't any five-berth cabins as there were on the Fairstar, so we will go on the same cruise and have the two older girls with us. When we go on the Coral next January I will check out the kids' club and see if the hours have improved.

7 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We are looking at booking a cruise with our daughter and her family (three young girls). There aren't any five-berth cabins as there were on the Fairstar, so we will go on the same cruise and have the two older girls with us. When we go on the Coral next January I will check out the kids' club and see if the hours have improved.

They probably will in school holidays. 

Just now, arxcards said:

Did you want to do mornings or evenings? 😁

Yes! I think my daughter wants the option to have some kid-free time. We haven't got to the stage yet of saying exactly when. We have to choose a cruise first. She is keen on the occasional '3rd and 4th passengers free'. It isn't actually free. They would pay between $215 and $299 taxes each for the three children. Still a great deal. Unfortunately the cruises later this year that fit the bill, conflict with a family holiday at the coast already booked. That holiday includes both our sons, their wife & son so it can't be changed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Yes! I think my daughter wants the option to have some kid-free time. We haven't got to the stage yet of saying exactly when. We have to choose a cruise first. She is keen on the occasional '3rd and 4th passengers free'. It isn't actually free. They would pay between $215 and $299 taxes each for the three children. Still a great deal. Unfortunately the cruises later this year that fit the bill, conflict with a family holiday at the coast already booked. That holiday includes both our sons, their wife & son so it can't be changed.

You are bound to find something that fits. I think I noticed 3rd & 4th passenger are also showing as "free" on the current Princess promo too.

15 minutes ago, arxcards said:

You are bound to find something that fits. I think I noticed 3rd & 4th passenger are also showing as "free" on the current Princess promo too.

Yes. I saw the deal on the current Princess promo, but the cruises conflict with another holiday that is booked. We will keep looking. My grand-daughters would love to go on a cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Yes. I saw the deal on the current Princess promo, but the cruises conflict with another holiday that is booked. We will keep looking. My grand-daughters would love to go on a cruise.

What about just before Christmas?

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

What about just before Christmas?

Thanks for the suggestion. My daughter might be swayed by the kids going virtually free, but she is trying to find a cruise that won't be too close to our beach holiday 26/11/22 to 3/12/22. She is trying to stretch out the fun, and there is the issue of her husband trying to get another week's holiday too close to the Nov/Dec one. When I looked at the Princess schedule for the end of this year and all of next year, there aren't too many possibles.

45 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Thanks for the suggestion. My daughter might be swayed by the kids going virtually free, but she is trying to find a cruise that won't be too close to our beach holiday 26/11/22 to 3/12/22. She is trying to stretch out the fun, and there is the issue of her husband trying to get another week's holiday too close to the Nov/Dec one. When I looked at the Princess schedule for the end of this year and all of next year, there aren't too many possibles.

At least not out of Brisbane, and Sydney isn't much better! Coral really has quite a limited season out of Brisbane as she's busy the rest of the year doing the big cruises. Princess really needs a second permanent ship here, like they used to have a few years ago, that could do winter cruising out of Brisbane, Sydney and Fremantle. Top End cruises across then back, Queensland, New Caledonia/Vanuatu/Fiji plus the alternative big cruises - Circle Pacific and the Indian Ocean one. Surely the popularity of the restart cruises, apart from the butchered 22nd Aug cruises, indicate how popular winter cruising is here. I don't think it was just people wanting to cruise after 2.5 years of nothing, people just want to cruise!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

At least not out of Brisbane, and Sydney isn't much better! Coral really has quite a limited season out of Brisbane as she's busy the rest of the year doing the big cruises. Princess really needs a second permanent ship here, like they used to have a few years ago, that could do winter cruising out of Brisbane, Sydney and Fremantle. Top End cruises across then back, Queensland, New Caledonia/Vanuatu/Fiji plus the alternative big cruises - Circle Pacific and the Indian Ocean one. Surely the popularity of the restart cruises, apart from the butchered 22nd Aug cruises, indicate how popular winter cruising is here. I don't think it was just people wanting to cruise after 2.5 years of nothing, people just want to cruise!

Agreed. We don't want to cost and bother of flying to Sydney. For my daughter that would be adding five return flights plus transfers in Sydney.

>> Hours of Operation: Sea days 9:00am to 12:00 pm | 1:00pm - 5:00pm | 6:00pm - 10:00pm. Port Days 8:00am - 5:00pm | 6:00pm - 10:00pm.

I can confirm these were the hours during the 26th June sailing on Coral (which was in school holidays). My children (12 and 14) had a great time.

17 minutes ago, ~*Lou*~ said:

>> Hours of Operation: Sea days 9:00am to 12:00 pm | 1:00pm - 5:00pm | 6:00pm - 10:00pm. Port Days 8:00am - 5:00pm | 6:00pm - 10:00pm.

I can confirm these were the hours during the 26th June sailing on Coral (which was in school holidays). My children (12 and 14) had a great time.

Thanks for that info. My daughter was very pleased to see the hours the Kids' Club will be open. Her daughters are 8, 6 and 3.

on Princess recent cruises there were to Europe on the Island and Enchanted Princess

Sea day Hours were 9am to 12noon / 2pm to 5pm / 7pm to 1000pm / paid service available from 10pm t 1am @ $5 per hour per child.

Port day hours were 8am to 5pm and 7pm to 10pm

If you were on a Princess excursion that left earlier you could drop them off earlier by letting staff now the day prior so they could plan their staff. One day we dropped them off at 645am - as we had to meet at 0650 in the theatre for  tour.

On 8/25/2022 at 8:46 PM, ~*Lou*~ said:

Curious what they do if you are not back in time for the 1hr break.

We are booked on the Coral in November and specifically booked this cruise so my wife and I could Scuba Dive at the GBR. Our excursion is from 930am-430pm so says we will be back in time. Our kids are too young to sign themselves in and out. We specifically booked this cruise to utilize the kids club so we could dive the reef!!

Here is what I found on the Princess website for those interested and lists the hours.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/Onboard_Experience/Youth_Guidelines_Registration.pdf