2 Questions, Oasis sailing from Bayonne

First time out of Bayonne.  We will be dropped off at the port (we will have baggage to check). When entering the port is there a separate line for this apart from the parking line? 

Second question is about Dining. We were signed up for Anytime dining but read most days you can't get a reservation till after 7:30 pm and early dining can be closed upon embarkation.   I just switched us to 5:30 which is a bit early as we usually like 6:15 or 6:30.  What is everyone's experience with dining reservations?  Also can we choose Early dining for me and My time for spouse and if we can reserve early upon embarking switch mine?  Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Travel Bear said:

First time out of Bayonne.  We will be dropped off at the port (we will have baggage to check). When entering the port is there a separate line for this apart from the parking line? 

Second question is about Dining. We were signed up for Anytime dining but read most days you can't get a reservation till after 7:30 pm and early dining can be closed upon embarkation.   I just switched us to 5:30 which is a bit early as we usually like 6:15 or 6:30.  What is everyone's experience with dining reservations?  Also can we choose Early dining for me and My time for spouse and if we can reserve early upon embarking switch mine?  Thank you. 

You'll loop around in the car you're in, drop off your bags, and your driver can make a quick exit. It's really all one line right up til the end when there's a split for commercial drop off vans. I don't see as too much a problem

Dining is how you described it. We had MyTime but couldn't get any early seating because they do traditional at 5:30 everywhere. We tried it and found this to be useful for our needs. We'd get there no later than 5:45 and have appetizers by 6pm, so it's not a huge change. 

Check with the MDR host/hostess upon boarding on Deck 3 or 4 to discuss some customized options! 

When are you sailing? We're on 9/4.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

There have been so many threads with complaints/problems with the Anytime/My time dining that I would just avoid doing that and be happy with either the traditional dining for 5:30 or 8 pm.   

I've had no issues with MTD (usually book 6:30 or 7 each day) since restart.  But I haven't sailed in high season.  Sailed in Oct (Oasis), Dec x 2 (Anthem), Mar (Enchantment), and May (Anthem).  Of course, YMMV.

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

I've had no issues with MTD (usually book 6:30 or 7 each day) since restart.  But I haven't sailed in high season.  Sailed in Oct (Oasis), Dec x 2 (Anthem), Mar (Enchantment), and May (Anthem).  Of course, YMMV.

I rarely do MTD but have read on CC many unhappy passengers the last couple of months now that ships are back to basically full capacity.   

It sure was nice sailing with the reduced capacities last Winter/early Spring.

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I rarely do MTD but have read on CC many unhappy passengers the last couple of months now that ships are back to basically full capacity.   

It sure was nice sailing with the reduced capacities last Winter/early Spring.

Yes.  Hopefully I didn't jinx myself when I sail in 10 days.  🤞

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 1:14 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

There have been so many threads with complaints/problems with the Anytime/My time dining that I would just avoid doing that and be happy with either the traditional dining for 5:30 or 8 pm.   

Our MTD on Oasis in May - scheduling was horrible. We had booked 6:00 pm every night. When we arrived they said that was not possible because of the 5:30 seating - and while we could book it online it was not an option and the first open time was 6:30. What began was a nightly battle to get seated at a reasonable hour and with our actual waiter. We had a great waiter and overall a great experience but definitely clunky on the planning.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 10:47 AM, Travel Bear said:

Just off the Oasis (8/21.) The drop off line is the same as the parking line. If you have an early check-in time, you'll be okay traffic-wise. As far as My Time Dining, reservations were limited by the time we got to them in the app on Day 1. (We wanted to reserve activities first and then dining based on the activities.) And on the formal nights, the Dining Room was extremely busy and there were long lines, even for those who had reservations. I like MTD for the flexibility, but the execution on a full Oasis was not great.

On 8/25/2022 at 1:14 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

We always do MTD. We done 7 post-restart cruises. There are no problems with it. It's perfect for us.