NCL Bliss Live Review 8/27/22 - 9/3/22 Lots of Pictures !!!

BennyBrun

5 hours ago, seemoreroyals said:

Thank you Benny for what has to be one of the best live trip reports ever.  Perfect timing for us as we will be going on Bliss for the first time in November.  Your trip report was so good that we are already planning another trip on the Bliss to Alaska next September.  As mentioned in an earlier post, you went above and beyond.  Thanks again for taking the time to do this.

Thanks so much …. I have been a few NCL ship 😆 and I have to say my experience on the Bliss was pure bliss … was every dish I had perfect ? NO, but there were so many options that I was very happy with the food.  There should be something that’s tasty for almost everyone ( I know there will always be that one person that can’t find anything good BTW I always want to meet that one person and see what they eat at home lol) enjoy your cruise!  Remember it’s suppose to be relaxing and things will go wrong no matter how much planning you put into it.. go with the flow … it will be a much better experience!  

Till my next virtual cruise 9/17/22 ….

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 8/27/2022 at 2:39 PM, BennyBrun said:

Embarkation Day..

the Wi-Fi speed is leaving me speechless… perhaps I had such a low expectations but wow it’s much faster than the Jade than the Dawn than the Epic!

I paid $85 for the upgraded wifi and had screamin fast internet in May on the Bliss 🙂  (the whole week)

• Like 1

So glad I came across this, hope it's okay to keep viewing this information 🙂 It's great information we are sailing to Alaska October 1 on the Bliss first time to Alaska & first on the Bliss, so this information is helpful. I've been looking for reviews on the Specialty Restaurant Ocean Blue 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 11:55 AM, Redsummer said:

So glad I came across this, hope it's okay to keep viewing this information 🙂 It's great information we are sailing to Alaska October 1 on the Bliss first time to Alaska & first on the Bliss, so this information is helpful. I've been looking for reviews on the Specialty Restaurant Ocean Blue 

That is so great to hear!  I am so glad that I was able to help!  Have a great cruise!

On 8/29/2022 at 8:58 PM, BennyBrun said:

Eagle  

Bears I doubt I will see one on this trip because I don’t have any exotic excursion booked and I didn’t want to go back to fortress of the bears here in Sitka again because that place is like a zoo for the orphaned bears.  You only need to see it once!  Like the Raptor Center !  Once is enough!

DA23005C-F7CD-4642-9B80-629E7BB2D765.jpeg

E835736E-9C87-4974-98F6-F1032902078E.jpeg

09D02F30-E53A-42A1-9BB7-19E87B116FAB.jpeg

454E2BF4-BB22-48AE-8354-3B0F69D53A92.jpeg

6E75C39B-6AC9-4C5A-859D-B024DFBF1471.jpeg

C263F055-E0FD-44FF-9BF9-EC6428CA83AF.jpeg

2BC45EA5-67F3-4E3A-AE61-0FC8C2DF40C8.jpeg

EFA9B3A2-2D6C-42F5-BC75-E6E41279B9A1.jpeg

5A26B9D6-F1B3-4985-A212-CD2F45918AAE.jpeg

Is the bear one a far walk from the ship. We are going next May and sometimes my sister has some health issues and don't want to make her walk any farther than I have to.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 1:43 PM, BennyBrun said:

Thanks so much …. I have been a few NCL ship 😆 and I have to say my experience on the Bliss was pure bliss … was every dish I had perfect ? NO, but there were so many options that I was very happy with the food.  There should be something that’s tasty for almost everyone ( I know there will always be that one person that can’t find anything good BTW I always want to meet that one person and see what they eat at home lol) enjoy your cruise!  Remember it’s suppose to be relaxing and things will go wrong no matter how much planning you put into it.. go with the flow … it will be a much better experience!  

Till my next virtual cruise 9/17/22 ….

I can’t thank you enough for the amazing virtual cruise. It’s been so informative and your photos are beautiful. We will be on the Bliss Oct. 8th to Alaska and I feel like I know her already thanks to you 😃

Safe travels and keep posting, you’re very talented

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2022 at 5:27 PM, BennyBrun said:

Juneau 

So my tram ticket was through NCL and it came out to $0.00 … so I explored Excursion at no additional cost today.. win win .. plus I picked up a bag of souvenir for less than $30.00 ( thank you end of the season sale) and best yet the rain stopped while I was out!  What more could I ask for!

Hi Benny all your information has been awesome. I’ll be onboard Bliss this Saturday. Can you please help me with an urgent matter. I’ve looked thru all our e-docs, talked directly to NCL and still can’t get an answer. We have a helicopter glacier DIY arrange for Juneau all my docs and the web show Juneau port 7a-11pm our tour is 11a-2p but I’ve seen some conflicting information about the actual time in Juneau. Nowhere on the itinerary besides the Title does it mention Dawes Glacier 😖 can you please provide the timing info for your time in Juneau. Do you remember if your app and itinerary information showed/mentioned the scenic cruising for Dawes. Much appreciated if you can help and thank you so much in advance 

15 hours ago, Waterluv said:

Hi Benny all your information has been awesome. I’ll be onboard Bliss this Saturday. Can you please help me with an urgent matter. I’ve looked thru all our e-docs, talked directly to NCL and still can’t get an answer. We have a helicopter glacier DIY arrange for Juneau all my docs and the web show Juneau port 7a-11pm our tour is 11a-2p but I’ve seen some conflicting information about the actual time in Juneau. Nowhere on the itinerary besides the Title does it mention Dawes Glacier 😖 can you please provide the timing info for your time in Juneau. Do you remember if your app and itinerary information showed/mentioned the scenic cruising for Dawes. Much appreciated if you can help and thank you so much in advance 

If your cruise document from NCL shows that time then that is the time you should have in Juneau unless there is a last minute change so be sure to double check when you get off the ship but you should do this at every port!!! So you don’t get left behind.  For me the Juneau stop was short.  I think we got in at 7AM and all aboard was 12:30PM or 1 PM. Some short time.

Yes on the cruising schedule there is a time for scenic cruising and they list the time of arrival at each site and will be on the free style daily the day you are doing the scenic cruising.  Dress warm and prepare for rain/wind it gets very cold out there if you are going outside to take in the view!

Have a great cruise!

On 9/11/2022 at 5:08 PM, janpa70 said:

Is the bear one a far walk from the ship. We are going next May and sometimes my sister has some health issues and don't want to make her walk any farther than I have to.

The walk in Sitka is considered a good walk to get to the totem park so if there is an issue with walking then you should probably consider the tour through NCL.  You have to walk from where the shuttle drop off through “town” pass the salmon ladder to get to the totem park.

On 9/11/2022 at 6:01 PM, Spicker said:

Do you happen to know if the splash academy was open and taking drop offs? I am seeing conflicting information online

Splash academy open and not very busy.  I don’t know if they are taking drop offs because I did not use that service.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FunnyG said:

I can’t thank you enough for the amazing virtual cruise. It’s been so informative and your photos are beautiful. We will be on the Bliss Oct. 8th to Alaska and I feel like I know her already thanks to you 😃

Safe travels and keep posting, you’re very talented

Thanks so much!  I hope you have a great cruise!!  Enjoy Alaska!

44 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

This is another virtual cruise boarding announcement!  This time I will be on Royal Caribbean Symphony of the Seas part 1 of my B2B!  So grab your favorite beverage and come along for two weeks of sea life!

Yessss!!

Thank you Benny,

Will definitely be following.

You do such a wonderful job reporting.

Thank you, thank you!

On 8/30/2022 at 6:27 PM, BennyBrun said:

Juneau 

So my tram ticket was through NCL and it came out to $0.00 … so I explored Excursion at no additional cost today.. win win .. plus I picked up a bag of souvenir for less than $30.00 ( thank you end of the season sale) and best yet the rain stopped while I was out!  What more could I ask for!

I am trying to plan excursions for Juneau. I was thinking of taking the Blue bus to Mendenhal Glacier and then doing the Tram. You mentioned a shuttle and I was wondering where it takes you.  We will be in Juneau from 1:30 - 11:00 PM

Hoping to also have time for a stop at Tracy’s Crab Shack since this is a bucket list trip.  Thanks again for your great review, it’s so helpful.

• 1 month later...

Benny- thanks for the review----I have a question(s) regarding the Beatles shows.  Do the singers first do their whole act with costume changes, at the main theater?  At the Cavern club are each of their shows different- One for "early" Beatles, one for Sgt. Pepper stuff, etc?  Since I think you went to a few Beatle shows,  I think you are the one to best answer this!

Thanks in advance, Anita