NCL Bliss Live Review 8/27/22 - 9/3/22 Lots of Pictures !!!

BennyBrun

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Another from BennyBrun! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

BennyBrun was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

The time has come for yet another virtual cruise.  This week I will be on NCL Bliss.  Port stop mixed in with sea days to rest.  Come along for lots of pictures, lots of food and lots of my random thoughts 💭

4E0A95D1-97B0-4479-A2BF-B2C157A24DA1.jpeg

• Like 4

Next Up… ArriveCAN … just another app to download and form to fill out.  Not too bad but time consuming but you will need the QR code to board the ship so got to get that done.  Don’t want to struggle with the spotty service at the terminal to upload and download documents!

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, KermitClin said:

So excited to follow this, I'll be on the Bliss soon too. What type of cabin are you sailing in?

I will be in my usual interior space.  I like interior cabins because it is total darkness at night… best sleep ever.  If you are going to Canada download the ArriveCAN and set up your profile now because that makes adding a trip so much easier and faster when it’s within 72 hours of embarkation!

• Like 4

We are flying to Seattle on the 3rd and sailing on the Encore on the 4th. We are doing our Covid test next Friday through Inspire. Have been in my house since Saturday to make sure I’m not exposed in any way. The test really has me freaking out. We are really looking forward to our cruise. Can’t wait to read your review.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

I will be in my usual interior space.  I like interior cabins because it is total darkness at night… best sleep ever.  If you are going to Canada download the ArriveCAN and set up your profile now because that makes adding a trip so much easier and faster when it’s within 72 hours of embarkation!

Oh I already have! lol  I visited family in Canada last December, so I had the ArriveCAN app for that trip and never deleted it. But, I did get my husband's information in the app now too, so we're all set until we're within that 72 hour window!

• Like 1

We will be sailing on the Bliss for the first time in November.  Looking at deck plans and YouTube videos,  the Bliss seems to combine the best features and venues of the Joy, Breakaway, and Epic,  all which we have been on before.  Looking forward to your live review.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

We will be sailing on the Bliss for the first time in November.  Looking at deck plans and YouTube videos,  the Bliss seems to combine the best features and venues of the Joy, Breakaway, and Epic,  all which we have been on before.  Looking forward to your live review.

Have a wonderful cruise… You should really enjoy the ship!  I have sailed on those 4 ships as well and I have to tell you that Epic was the most interesting ship I have ever been on… very artsy type and the room configuration is unique but had a great cruise hopping through Italy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tooncamp said:

We are flying to Seattle on the 3rd and sailing on the Encore on the 4th. We are doing our Covid test next Friday through Inspire. Have been in my house since Saturday to make sure I’m not exposed in any way. The test really has me freaking out. We are really looking forward to our cruise. Can’t wait to read your review.

Testing is unnerving… try to relax but stay away from crowds … stranger danger lol… especially in large settings !

• Like 1

Thank you for giving us another live review.  Have to ask your favorite cruise line. I see you kind of bounce between rccl and ncl.  Do you have a favorite?

have a great cruise.  Alaska is on our long cruise bucket list 😊 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Have a wonderful cruise… You should really enjoy the ship!  I have sailed on those 4 ships as well and I have to tell you that Epic was the most interesting ship I have ever been on… very artsy type and the room configuration is unique but had a great cruise hopping through Italy.

We did the Epic to Italy, Spain, France as well. The cruise was so port intensive we barely had time to appreciate the ship.  We spent most every night at the Cavern Club.  Overall it was one our best and most memorable cruises.  

The Joy was the only ship we have been on that had an Observation Lounge.  Looking forward to spending time there on the Bliss as well.  Looking at the YouTube videos, the OL on the Bliss appears bigger than the one on the Joy.  Thoughts?

If I recall correctly the Breakaway, Joy, and Epic all had Waterfront dining.  We thought that added a lot to the overall enjoyment of the ship. 

We have been to Alaska a couple of times.  We will enjoy following along to bring back memories from a beautiful part of the word.  Mainly though,  we are looking forward to your random thoughts and pictures of the Bliss itself.  Happy Cruising!!!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, maggieq said:

Thank you for giving us another live review.  Have to ask your favorite cruise line. I see you kind of bounce between rccl and ncl.  Do you have a favorite?

have a great cruise.  Alaska is on our long cruise bucket list 😊 

I actually bounce around more … Lol… Celebrity and Carnival as well … plus I recently added a  Disney Dream cruise… yeap going on Disney to check it out for myself before forming an official opinion lol 😂.  I honestly like all of them because I choose the line based on what I want to do on that cruise.. so for port intensive itineraries that I want to explore I always go with NCL with their free at sea offers, if I just want to do nothing and be semi spoiled I go with Celebrity, for entertainment/ production shows and all around good value I stick with Royal.  If I want a good variety of food options and don’t mind self serve, lots of shows and fun ship atmosphere I go with Carnival E class ships!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

We did the Epic to Italy, Spain, France as well. The cruise was so port intensive we barely had time to appreciate the ship.  We spent most every night at the Cavern Club.  Overall it was one our best and most memorable cruises.  

The Joy was the only ship we have been on that had an Observation Lounge.  Looking forward to spending time there on the Bliss as well.  Looking at the YouTube videos, the OL on the Bliss appears bigger than the one on the Joy.  Thoughts?

If I recall correctly the Breakaway, Joy, and Epic all had Waterfront dining.  We thought that added a lot to the overall enjoyment of the ship. 

We have been to Alaska a couple of times.  We will enjoy following along to bring back memories from a beautiful part of the word.  Mainly though,  we are looking forward to your random thoughts and pictures of the Bliss itself.  Happy Cruising!!!

The last 3 NCL cruises were like boot camp … but loved it … the memories, the adventures truly priceless but you are right not time for the ship… excursions, shower, dinner, show then bed … then repeat until disembarkation. 

I thought the observation lounge was bigger on the joy but that could be because I was stuffed with food on my way into the lounge lol… I will take more pictures and a video on the Bliss so you can see!

feel free to ask any questions!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, mearsfansinboise said:

I just read on another thread that crew masks are no longer required; is that the case on your sailing?

--- we're on this sailing October 15; the last one of the season.  Looking forward to your report and photos, thank you!

I'm on the one 2 weeks before you, on the October first sailing. 

• Like 1