Silver Cloud question

sherylc

If you're going to the Antarctic or Arctic or anywhere where there's likely to be rough seas, it's worth considering whether or not it's worth paying extra for a verandah or one of the superior suites. We've always been on Deck 4 midships in a Vista cabin and we've been fine when others have been very sick. They have also had limited use (if any) of their balconies when the weather has been cold. In fact, one guy in a superior suite with a wraparound balcony at the front of the ship told me it was a huge waste of money as he had a foot of snow on it (in the Antarctic) and couldn't even open his door!! His wife and daughter had also been very sick as it was at the bow and higher up so had a lot of motion!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mocamps said:

If you're going to the Antarctic or Arctic or anywhere where there's likely to be rough seas, it's worth considering whether or not it's worth paying extra for a verandah or one of the superior suites. We've always been on Deck 4 midships in a Vista cabin and we've been fine when others have been very sick. They have also had limited use (if any) of their balconies when the weather has been cold. In fact, one guy in a superior suite with a wraparound balcony at the front of the ship told me it was a huge waste of money as he had a foot of snow on it (in the Antarctic) and couldn't even open his door!! His wife and daughter had also been very sick as it was at the bow and higher up so had a lot of motion!

Thanks. Appreciate the insight. I was able to move almost midship in a regular veranda cabin (718). Hoping this will be a good one. I like sitting out on the balcony (weather permitting) but not really wiling to spend the extra just to move more midships. And the high-end suites are just way out of our price range. This is definitely by far the most we have ever spent on a cruise  -- hoping for good weather so as not to miss out on landings.