Still cannot get Princess Reps to understand that the Diamond cruises have been cancelled

Kabuki12

The two cancelled B2B Diamond cruises are still listed on the site under reservations along with the rescheduled Discovery cruises.    The Diamond cancelled cruises are also still scheduled on the Medallion App.   I have a cruise coming up on the 27th that I would like to get ocean ready for so I called customer service to get the cancelled Diamond Cruises off the app.  I did press the appropriate numbers on the phone to reach the medallian app reps.  

I had to explain 3 times to the rep that the cruises were cancelled by Princess and that I wanted them removed from the Medallian app.   She could not understand that the cruises were cancelled if they were still listed in my reservations and on the app.    When I explained to her the 3rd time slowly in plain english I thought that she understood the situation.   She asked me why the cruises were cancelled and I told her that I did not know but again they were cancelled by Princess and not me.   She put me on hold to ask a supervisor what to do.

I hung up.  She called back after 20 minutes and told me that everything was taken care of. Her supervisor told her that the cruises were cancelled and I dont need to worry about them.  She had forgotten that my call was about the medallian app.  I thanked her and hung up.    I just don't have the energy and time to further pursue this.  I'm just hoping that the Sept 6 and Sept 11 Diamond cruises will just fall off the App after those dates and the Sept 27th cruise appears.  If not I will plan to spend an entire day to deal with it at that time.

Edited by Kabuki12
grammer correction

2 hours ago, Kabuki12 said:

The two cancelled B2B Diamond cruises are still listed on the site under reservations along with the rescheduled Discovery cruises.    The Diamond cancelled cruises are also still scheduled on the Medallion App.   I have a cruise coming up on the 27th that I would like to get ocean ready for so I called customer service to get the cancelled Diamond Cruises off the app.  I did press the appropriate numbers on the phone to reach the medallian app reps.  

I had to explain 3 times to the rep that the cruises were cancelled by Princess and that I wanted them removed from the Medallian app.   She could not understand that the cruises were cancelled if they were still listed in my reservations and on the app.    When I explained to her the 3rd time slowly in plain english I thought that she understood the situation.   She asked me why the cruises were cancelled and I told her that I did not know but again they were cancelled by Princess and not me.   She put me on hold to ask a supervisor what to do.

I hung up.  She called back after 20 minutes and told me that everything was taken care of. Her supervisor told her that the cruises were cancelled and I dont need to worry about them.  She had forgotten that my call was about the medallian app.  I thanked her and hung up.    I just don't have the energy and time to further pursue this.  I'm just hoping that the Sept 6 and Sept 11 Diamond cruises will just fall off the App after those dates and the Sept 27th cruise appears.  If not I will plan to spend an entire day to deal with it at that time.

Sounds like a plan...don't sweat the small stuff.

• Like 2

Did you check your payment screen on the website?  My Diamond Princess cruise showed up in the website and on the Medallion app until the money was moved over to the new reservation, then it disappeared. It took another week or so for the price protection to be applied, and the balance due to disappear.

We also had our 9/1 Diamond cancelled and it still appears under Upcoming Cruises. I tried the Live Chat on the site and was told “they’re working on it.”

I also asked when I could expect the FCC from that cruise to be credited to our December booking. Was told “they have until Sept. 8.”  Of course am reluctant to pay final balance on that cruise before receiving FCC.  Such a mess! 

6 hours ago, Kabuki12 said:

There’s no excuse for them NOT to know a cruise was canceled.  They can also access the PCL website and see the Diamond was canceled.  It was shown on the top of the website page, until recently when they revised the health protocols.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/cancelled-cruises-from-san-diego-diamond-through-nov-13-2022.pdf

I understand your problems may be, that the move over has not been completed.

Could you try to get on your cruise personalizer and use the website version of checkin for your Discovery booking and access DMW through there?  Do whatever you can ahead of time on the website.  After they remove

the old bookings on the App, whatever you have done on the website for Discovery should then show up on the App. At least it did for me.

Let Us Know.

• Like 1

Update:   On a lark, I deleted the Medallion app and reinstalled it.  I was given the option to log in with my email address or use the booking number so I plugged in the booking number of my next cruise which will be on Sept 27th.

It worked!  The Diamond Cruise has been deleted and I am now able to get "ocean ready" for my Mexico cruise out of SF.   I just finished dinner reservations.

Hope this helps someone else in the same predicament.    We don't have to deal with Princess phone hell for removing the cancelled Diamond cruises off the app.    Just simply sign in with your booking number.  But I think that you have to delete and reinstall the app.

Edited by Kabuki12
Addition to original post
  • Like 1

Same thing happened to me.  After we received the dreaded letter from Princess that Our November cruise was canceled we jumped on a Jan 2023 cruise on the Diamond for the same destination that we lost.

So,  it was a hot triple digit day one day and I could not work outside so I started to up date Ocean Ready for the new cruise.

The Wife Unit came along and asked me what I was doing and I proudly told her that I am being Pro-Active and getting Ocean Ready loaded for our Jan cruise.  She looked at my phone and said, well Mr Pro-Active you are reloading on the cancelled Nov cruise. 

Then I did the same thing, cancelled and reloaded.

The Wife then told me not to go near the Dinner reservations because she had to jump through several hoops to get them set the way she wanted and did not want me to erase what she did. 

Got to keep telling our selves, dealing with Princess is part of the adventure, right?

Bob

• Haha 1

Appreciate your advice, I just tried the same, deleted app, reloaded, our cancelled Diamond cruise (departing in 3 days) 🙄 still listed in addition to our December cruise. 

Edited by JoRoy218
  • Like 1