Miguel's chair/umbrella rental

nbsjcruiser

We always head to Miguel's hot beach spot for chair and umbrella rentals when in St. Maarten at Great Bay. Does anyone know if he's still there? I sent a note to his email address to reserve but no response. Its been almost 3 years since we've been there. Maybe his contact info has changed? Hopefully he's still there.

• 1 month later...
On 8/26/2022 at 3:27 PM, nbsjcruiser said:

We always head to Miguel's hot beach spot for chair and umbrella rentals when in St. Maarten at Great Bay. Does anyone know if he's still there? I sent a note to his email address to reserve but no response. Its been almost 3 years since we've been there. Maybe his contact info has changed? Hopefully he's still there.

Could you post his email address ?

On 10/24/2022 at 6:44 PM, Chicky2181 said:

About where is he located? like what bar/restaurants are behind him? 

If you take one of the shuttles over to the beach area by Front Street, you get off at the main pier. His spot is to the right of that main pier/shopping spot, halfway down the beach - orange umbrellas. Nobody messes with Miguel btw. When you're heading down to his place and people ask if you want one of their spots a simple "I've got a spot with Miguel" is enough to ward even the bravest of souls away. You get a simple "ok" back as a response and they leave you alone. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We rented from somebody about halfway down the beach about eight years ago. I do not remember ? But had access to a restaurant bathroom  behind us. but would be nice to have something booked ahead of time! let me know if you get more info from the email would like to reserve a spot also.

We've been to SXM probably twenty plus times over the years. There's at least 15-20 separate "vendors" that sell chairs/umbrella's etc. We always sit with Henry, red chairs red/green umbrellas. Was there a few times last year and it was $10 per chair. Behind his chairs is a beverage cart run by Ms. Bernie. Cheap buckets of beers and lots of choices. You can use the restroom at the restaurant right by her.

There's lots of "3rd party" guys when you get off the water taxi trying to convince you to go to "their" vendor. They'll make a few dollars off the vendors they bring you too. Like the posts before, just say you're going to Miquel's, Ms. Bernie's or Henry and they'll leave you alone. If allowed, here's Ms. Bernie's email. She'll set you up with chairs with Henry and an ice cold bucket waiting. Tell her Mr. Bill sent you. 🙂  bernie71_4@hotmail.com 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 12:02 PM, TYMAN said:

here's Ms. Bernie's email. She'll set you up with chairs with Henry and an ice cold bucket waiting. Tell her Mr. Bill sent you. 🙂  bernie71_4@hotmail.com 

Does Ms. Bernie sell any other drinks besides beer?

3 hours ago, QUIGONATOR said:

What's your experience at this beach? I read somewhere it has very strong currents, is it for playing in water or snorkeling?

How can one put this?……….It’s a beach with a sewage (effluent) outfall in front of it.

I for one would not even put a toe in the water.

Snorkelling?  Pinel Island 

On 1/30/2023 at 11:18 AM, QUIGONATOR said:

What's your experience at this beach? I read somewhere it has very strong currents, is it for playing in water or snorkeling?

Calm and clear. Been going here for over 12 years and truly enjoy this day at the beach. We have a couple buckets, float in the water and just enjoy the day. Really isn't anything under the water to see if you want to snorkel, just sand. 🙂